Capturing villages

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
Druzhina

Capturing villages

Post by Druzhina »

New to the game so please bear with me.

I've just researched captains and decided to take a village from a player I know who hasn't played in a very long time. I would use the word 'abandoned' but I know that has other meanings in this game. Needless to say the player in question is no-longer active.

So, I arm up and decide to march to glory. For you veterans out there you'll already know what's coming!

The loss of glory is truly amazing. I would lose my current rank, but that's not why I'm posting.

What I'd like to know is. Having lost the rank, and the right to recruit captains, would I also lose the research I've performed from the rank loss?

Just what happens with the loss of all the experience, and the possible cultural lash back from other players? I understand "monking" to sway a parish vote is frowned upon. Not that I plan to you understand.
WaywardChampion

Re: Capturing villages

Post by WaywardChampion »

Once you have ranked up, you will never drop down to a lower rank on that world again.

What will happen is that you will end up with Negative honor and will have to regain enough honor to show a positive number before you may attack another players village again.

You may however attack all the AI castles, wolves dens and bandit camps that you want while having negative honor.
Druzhina

Post by Druzhina »

Thank you both for the replies.

As I said I'm still learning the ropes with the game mechanics. Sadly my intended target has disappeared from the map so I'm assuming un-played accounts are removed after a certain amount of time.
WaywardChampion

Post by WaywardChampion »

Yes, the villages will despawn after a set period of time.

I think this is the correct link : https://strongholdkingdoms.gamepedia.co ... players.3F
Druzhina

Post by Druzhina »

WaywardChampion wrote:Yes, the villages will despawn after a set period of time.

I think this is the correct link : https://strongholdkingdoms.gamepedia.co ... players.3F
Should've marched when I had the chance. The village was literally within waving distance....
Druzhina

Post by Druzhina »

King Phillip II wrote:Next time you'll have more luck, I'm sure you'll find a new target :)

Welcome to the game!
Already have and took the place a few hours ago. Considering converting it to a different type of town to take advantage of the different materials. What you reckon?
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

Druzhina wrote: Already have and took the place a few hours ago. Considering converting it to a different type of town to take advantage of the different materials. What you reckon?
Trying new village types is always fun, keep in mind many of the types will require that you have researched appropriately to take full advantage of that landscape benefits

example. Marshland has uber amounts of swamp to gather pitch from and also provides a increase to the amount of catapults it can produce over other land types. Not having catapults or pitch researched would not allow you to take advantage of those benefits immediately. Most land types are similar so be sure to know what your getting into and why.

also when you buy a charter you get to pick its land type before buying so no need to convert a captured village which has a cool down once captured before you can do so.
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's

Return to “Game Help”