turret & ballista question

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
GenghisKhan51

turret & ballista question

Post by GenghisKhan51 »

What's the best location to place turret/ballista in your castle? This is my problem: I haven't done research to shorten the construction time in castle, so the building time is very long, and I suffered some AI attacks during the construction, since my defense is not totally up, my turret/ballista was destroyed. In my case, it's better to build the defense after done ALL the castle research to shorten construction time? I've seen videos showing castle defense construction, but it did not take into account the AI attacks during construction, which will leave your castle quite different from your original design (turret/ballista destroyed can't be replaced such as towers or walls).
Thanks a lot for your comment/suggestion
Michael
WRP_Beater

Re: turret & ballista question

Post by WRP_Beater »

Turrets and ballistae destroyed can be replaced after being destroyed. What I recommend is to build an inner perimeter first so that the castle is defendable, then work on the corners (with towers, guard houses, ballistae etc): the AI troops will most likely walk towards the center and leave the corners alone. Then you can build the rest.
Regards,
WRP_Beater
GenghisKhan51

Post by GenghisKhan51 »

Thanks for the tips, but why some of my castles have 9 ballista and 7 turrets ? I didn't pay attention to the numbers, but I had a feeling that after an AI attack, 2 turrets were missing (there's none built in the castle and available shows only 7, but the castle I started with has 10 of each). Thanks
Michael
WRP_Beater

Post by WRP_Beater »

Are the castles in different parishes? The amount of turrets and ballistae that you can build depends on the level of the Turret Maker and Ballista Maker buildings in your parish. Another handy defense that depends on a parish building is the tunnel, provided by the Tunnellor's Guild in the parish, which you can place outside your castle for free and which spawns a number of armed peasants (for free) depending on the guild level.
Regards,
WRP_Beater
GenghisKhan51

Post by GenghisKhan51 »

Thanks for pointing this out, yes, they are in different parishes, that's why.
Michael

Return to “Game Help”