Game mechanic proposal.

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
mjrbordo

Game mechanic proposal.

Post by mjrbordo »

Hello, everybody.

I would like to propose trade mechanic improvement. That would be a great opportunity to develop and practice some skills for players and would make the game more interesting(at least from my point of view). Obviously, it is just proposition and I would be thankful about any sort of feedback from game developers if you want to do something with this or not. Going to the subject there are few things which can be improved:

1. Option: to sell something to parish and buy from it but other goods i.e. When I want to sell to parish some wood and buy some stone. Make it just one trip instead of two so in the game, we would be able to set how much we want to sell wood i.e 5k and buy 10 k of stone. So I can send 10 traders, 5 with wood and 5 empty but on way back, they all are carrying stones. It is obvious move from an ergonomic point of view but somehow forgotten part of the game. Obviously, there are more details to vary and discuss but I just presented the main idea.

2. Option: to set a route of trades between trade points(parishes, county capitals etc.) until some condition is made. Example: I want to buy some apple from Shoreham-on-sea and sell them to Horsham. And I want to trade this way 20k of apples, so trades will do business till I will sell 20k of apples to Horsham. This can be an option for online or/and offline and, an extension to this/or not, option to set routes based on goods prices on selected parishes or price differences. Same like in the first option, this have more aspects to discuss how to set them up together based on dev team policy.

3. Option: to give the power to set a tax rate for officers in parishes etc. ( a player can decide tax rates on particular goods from, like from 0%-25, or make it more hardcore from 0%up to 100%).

Well, those are just ideas which could make an additional aspect of the game which might be interesting to some potential players who likes an economic aspect of RTS. This would make the SHK way more complexed, challenging and make it some sort of platform for economic education. Can be proposed to schools as train ground for students.

Please give me some feedback about that what I proposed. If you gonna ignore it or not.

Have a nice day.

Return to “Game Help”