Tool: Timing Attacks

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
MechJosh0

Tool: Timing Attacks

Post by MechJosh0 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:59 pm

I've built a small utility to help with timing calculations for attacking. This does everything for you including counting down until you need to send the attack.
You can play with it at http://shk.playingtease.com/

I'd love to hear your feedback to see what you all think. Mostly looking for critics in order to improve it.

Info: Name of the project is yet to be decided. This is currently in alpha version. I have a lot of ideas I'd like to follow through with but only if there there is enough attention for it to make the development time worth it.

Need help? Read the spolier.
Spoiler! :
What is space column?
My homeland village is the captain therefore I've set it to land -5 seconds after the timed attacks, this will mean my captain will land 5 seconds after the timed land attacks. This ensures he's the last attack and captures the village.

My Salt village lands +3 seconds, this attack is to deal with the archers on the front walls. The attack will land 3 seconds before the other attacks to ensure it lands first to deal with the archers.

What is the launch timer?
The brown background indicates this attack has been (or should of been) launched, red background indicates this attack is next to be launched. After -60 seconds the timer will disappear so you can concentrate on the other times.

The countdown timer means you have X time until you need to send that attack. So in the picture I have 7 minutes and 51 seconds until I need to launch my Gold village attack.
Need help with timing your attacks? http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 93&t=27479

Re: Tool: Timing Attacks

Post by 220897 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:41 pm

This looks like a nice tool MechJosh :)

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:16 am

+1 - Most intuitive timer I've tested to date.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

zojakownith

Post by zojakownith » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:25 pm

i really like the timer. The only thing i would add is to put the instructions in this post on the website.

Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Very nice!

ufis

Post by ufis » Thu May 08, 2014 11:12 am

Add the + for the new line to the tab order and it will be great.

Frustrating to have to reach for the mouse the whole time to do all the initial input.

MechJosh0

Post by MechJosh0 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:18 pm

I've added the ability to add days to the attack time. This will help with long range attacks or a low research tree. Other bits have been slightly worked on as well.

ufis wrote:Add the + for the new line to the tab order and it will be great.

Frustrating to have to reach for the mouse the whole time to do all the initial input.
Done, thanks for the suggestion.
Lord Alacrity wrote:Very nice!
Need help with timing your attacks? http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 93&t=27479

superminiman

Post by superminiman » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:27 am

nice timer utility josh. works great for the solo timed attacker. now can you work this into an open-source based utility that can be accessed by multiple people for spur of the moment attacks?

Wizard

Post by Wizard » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:52 pm

I am not sure since he is a moderator, that he would do such a thing that would be borderline with the rules, if it was me I wouldn't do it.

Return to “Game Help”