Self help article:How to deal with a Kamikaze village jumper

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
DavidSpy

Self help article:How to deal with a Kamikaze village jumper

Post by DavidSpy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:36 pm

How to deal with a Kamikaze village jumper.

If you aren't interested in reading the following text, check out the narration video I created for it instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBODMXR4ims

First off, “what is a Kamikaze village jumper?” you might ask. Well he is a player with no affinity to any house, he plays the game to cause other players misery or to enact revenge for deeds done to him in the past which he feels were unjust.

Most of these village jumpers play scorched earth style; they will jump to a village, use it for all it’s worth and abandon it or allow it to become razed by his enemies. As such the best method of dealing with village jumpers is to keep them above 9 villages at all times. This prevents them from jumping about as fast as villages above 10 command a premium of honor to obtain.

How to deal with such a player then if he should be kept at 10 villages at all times? The answer lies in the ransacking ability, hit his villages, and ransack them down to a nub. Pillage his goods; make it as difficult as possible for him to create an army in that village. Gold raid his parishes and keep your parishes empty. Jumpers rely heavily on parishes as they do not tend to have the time or resources to fill vassals.

If a jumper establishes a foothold in your county it could be devastating for your members who aren’t all too active, many will be razed as jumpers are by nature cowardly and target only weaker players, often players whose castles can be taken down with one attack. Your best bet is to get your faction active and alert them to the danger, have them all station 360 or more archers on their village walls, no exceptions.

Kamikaze jumpers are very dangerous players because they cannot be negotiated with, do not bother contacting an established kamikaze player as it will only make you a blip on his ‘radar’ and that’ the last thing you want. Do not take this lightly, most of them want you to mail them, beg them to spare you, etc. Just to laugh at you later and raze your villages while you are offline at night. There is no negotiating with a Kamikaze jumper. Period.

He needs to get close to cause damage and will look for inlets into your county, this must be prevented at all costs. Keep an eye on the map, if he times up on a fellow member you will need to either raze or excom that member so he will not be able to establish a foothold in nearby territory.

Another thing which should be noted is that kamikaze jumpers are often very pro, they are very heavy carders and they will also have alts help them even though they pretend they are acting solely and on their own accord. As such they will use their alts to capture their other villages just to keep themselves below 10 villages. You should take a proactive stance and watch the map carefully for any assistance pouring in from villages surrounding the jumpers’ villages. Once you spot the alts, have your faction/house tag them as enemies and follow the same recipe for removal, keep them above 9 villages. Ransack and pillage, gold raid their parishes.
Ultimately, kamikaze village jumpers cannot be stopped but you can reduce the potential damage they can do to your faction/house by adhering to the above advice.

As a final word of warning, in worlds currently engaged in either the second or third age the kamikaze jumpers often will delete the engineers siege guild before moving out of a parish just to prevent others from using it. Such is the sadistic nature of the Kamikaze Village Jumper.

Have I missed something? Are you a Kamikaze village Jumper? Feel free to leave feedback on the article below.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

Lt.Columbo

Re: Self help article:How to deal with a Kamikaze village ju

Post by Lt.Columbo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:11 pm

we learned to deal with players like that on W4 the hard way and have learned our lesson :) (thank you ichhabekeinennamen lol)

good guide david, although i would add that most players of that type have been reset and start completely from scratch. that gives them the opportunity to place villages deep in territory they want to devastate. also, in most cases you (as a faction member or friend of someone being attacked) dont send ID but excomm any village this player scouts/attacks. in that case you can condem them more easily as they have no chance to ID or vote themselfs in for steward for the armies.
fast reactions to the arrival and noticing such a player in the first place are key
lead a house they said,glory and fame awaits..burning eyes and headaches from reading tons of mail is what i got.exec_killfun1.0

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Good points and thanks for reading. :)

ImageImage

Master Merlin

Post by Master Merlin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:12 pm

Nice post David, good input to share, I have already copied and pasted to my threads, we have one active in World 5, major pain. Shame, no honor, only hate.

MM

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Ty for your feedback, I'm glad you found it of use. In my experience the hardest part is actually putting this tactic in use, too many players see the enemy nub village and go "I'll raze it, yippie" right after you spent all afternoon ransacking it down.

This actually happened with my Faction general, he logs on after we finished ransacking the kamikaze jumper's village down and razes it! :lol:

ImageImage

Sir Glennalot

Post by Sir Glennalot » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:01 pm

Who is the guy on World 5 that you know of Master Merlin? We just evicted a Lord J*******c from Cumbria after he ran around capturing villages and parishes. He moved up to the Western Isles and maybe continued his program as I saw captains heading in to his new pimples.
I'll do my best to help but sometimes I'll be wrong and you can bet there'll be someone along soon to point that out.

kwud

Post by kwud » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:23 am

you need to add in the part where you shouldn't leave them alone for more than 8 hours at a time.

otherwise they will have had enough time to stack wood and stone in their castle and delete those to make new things and in 8 hours putting together a 1 attack capture isnt all that difficult,

Sir Glennalot

Post by Sir Glennalot » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:24 am

The guy causing trouble in Cumbria was trying to make gold so I flooded his closest parish to drop the prices of goods to 35-40 per packet, he stopped trading soon after.
I'll do my best to help but sometimes I'll be wrong and you can bet there'll be someone along soon to point that out.

kwud

Post by kwud » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:54 am

whose got time to trade as a kamikaze village jumper?

* that just build stuff, 8 hours is a long time if you have researches maxed out.

* is s c r e w. really this filter is getting annoying

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 pm

@ All

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I'll take your suggestions into consideration when doing a revision.
kwud wrote:whose got time to trade as a kamikaze village jumper?
Trading is much faster then waiting for resources to build on their own, especially with a merchant speed card in play.
kwud wrote:* that just build stuff, 8 hours is a long time if you have researches maxed out.
They don't have 8 hours to wait around and if excommed they will continue to be ransacked as soon as they reach a village tier above 2.
kwud wrote:* is s c r e w. really this filter is getting annoying
It's not entirely Firefly, they subscribe to a forum filtering service. It appears whoever they are using is a bit overzealous.

ImageImage

Return to “Game Help”