*Update 4/20 New Release SHK Stocks v1.7 Beta 2* Market Tool

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
kaesekuchen

Re: *Update 4/17 New Release SHK Stocks v1.6 Beta 2* Market

Post by kaesekuchen » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi,

i'm aware of that and sorry, if my mentioning of "poker bot" set off an alarm regarding botting in SHK.
I just mentioned the comparision, because the part, information processing via OCR, was comparable in this project and my former project., and via this i was just trying to give some feedback.
If i crossed a line, i'm sorry.I won't mention the evil b word anymore :)

regards
kaesekuchen

Nublet

Post by Nublet » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi, Thank you.
Yes, everything you have mentioned I have on a list or in the back of my mind.

I haven't wrote the "off" character recognition feature, If you all can write the kind of letters out for me you are receiving along with what it is suppose to be that will be helpful.
I am curious if it is different for different parishes, the blank box issue I had in my tutorial I have only had problem with on the food tab for some odd reason.

This is what I was getting:
IN) = 150
lor = 107
M = 94
mm = 100

I am dreading the time feature programming to see whats closest and different counties, that is what stressed me out when I was making the webpage program of this. lol.

Yeah the (b) word is bad, This is not to even be called a (b) because it is user interactive and the user has to be at the computer to use it.
If you were a handicap person with limited hand usage, this is handicap friendly.

Thanks again, I love getting feedback.
-Nub

kaesekuchen

Post by kaesekuchen » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi,
well regarding the time feature:
It's not that dreadful, once you have the travel time and values, since you can put these in a neat little formula, consisting of two parts:

part1 : raw profit, this is what you already have, for example you can buy Product A for 50 gold (including taxes) and can sell it for 150 gold, which would yield a profit of 100 gold per complete transaction.
part2: travel time. time value, that a merchant is "tied up" with the task, that being time to buy target x2 and time to sell target times 1 or 2, depending, if you want to calculate up to the point you get the gold, or to the point the merchant is available again after the transaction (which is useful for a repeated transaction)

To put this into perspective, let's take that example i mentioned above.
(1)There is a parish 15 minutes away from you, that sells wood for 50 gold (including taxes)
(2)There is a parish 30 minutes away from you, that buys wood for 150 gold
(3)There is a parish 15 minutes away from you, that buys wood for 120 gold.

Now, for this example we assume, that parish (1) is the cheapest source of the product, that leaves us with only two options:
We sell to (2) or (3).

raw profit for (2) : 100 gold
raw profit for (3) : 70 gold

complete travel time for (2) : 2x15 for buying, 2x30 for selling, 1.5h for the whole transaction
complete travel time for (3) : 2x15 for buying, 2x15 for selling, 1.0h for the whole transaction

As a last step, you just have to divide the raw profit with the according travel time, yielding:

100gold/1.5h = ~66.67 gold/h
70 gold/1.0h = 70 gold/h

And there you go, you have a comparable value.

Luckily, this isn't anything close to the complexity of the travelling salesman problem, which at first seems like it's suitable to this problem (if we would rename it to travelling merchant problem :D )

regards
kaesekuchen

Nublet

Post by Nublet » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Lol, you lost me mate.

You need to talk technical formulas for me to understand what your saying here..

What I will do is return the resource with the shortest amount of seconds for each resource and then return the shortest time of all the resources.

kaesekuchen

Post by kaesekuchen » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Alright :)

Profit = Sellprice - (Buyprice*1.25)
Time = TravelTimeToBuyer*2 + TravelTimeToSeller*2

Comparable Value = Profit/Time

regards

Nublet

Post by Nublet » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:37 pm

So you are calculating someone using speed cards?

Nublet

Post by Nublet » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Never mind, my mind is all in directions from all this..

Ill need to setup an option so the player can select how many merchants are at each village.

kaesekuchen

Post by kaesekuchen » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Not necessarily. If someone is using speed cards, it should reflect on the value stated on the trade overview of that parish.

But to be honest, the travel time isn't that much of a variable compared to the prices, it's more like a constant, you have to readout/specifiy once, and from there one, you can always use that value.
If someone is using speedcards, you could just add the possibility of allowing users to add a custom factor to the travel speed.

(for example: If the time needed is 20minutes, you just have another input field there, where the user can put in the factor of speedup cards etc. and your algorithm will multiply accordingly)

regards

p.s. just read your update. yeah im sorry, it wasnt my intention to "flood" you with input like this, these are just some thoughts i had about this topic / i derived from my spreadsheet i was using for calculating these things myself.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 pm

The first button I clicked was the 'load' button, noobs will be noobs. ;)

SHK Stocks JIT by SHKDavidSpy, on Flickr
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

Nublet

Post by Nublet » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Lol, yeah I have not put in the If and Not's for file checking yet. xD I knew that was going to happen, but I wanted to get this out since I promised a release the day my daughter had her birthday.

Return to “Game Help”