Long Research Times

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
MOARCOWBELL

Re: Long Research Times

Post by MOARCOWBELL » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:54 am

thekpd wrote:
But like I said before.... there are tons of other things to be doing than waiting for reseach/building ques. Scout stashes, buy/sell at markets, attack AI wolf lairs ect.
I think you are to far removed from the mid-low level of free play.

There several ranks where everything really slows down, and if you are only one once a day and have say 2 hours to kill there is just not that much to do. Buildings take 3 hours, research takes 4 hours, scouts and merchants carry to little and travel to slow. If you spawned into an established world/parish your troops cant handle 3/4's of the wolf lairs and bandit camps.

Researching into those is the answer yes but at the mid-low level it is just really difficult. I remember very vividly the choice between finally spending money and quitting because it felt like more than 20 minutes on-line was a waste. I chose then to spend some money. I also had the benefit to have the game running in the back ground all day so I could just pop in for a few minutes every hour or so and do stuff.

When you are new to the game there is so much to do to stay busy. When you are higher ranked and developed there is a lot to do. Lower-middle ranks it can be tough.
All I can say is a small crown purchase puts you into the 7 cards / week area which is very nice if you only log in once a day. It also gives you the 30 day token which REALLY helps get through those lower-middle ranks. After that I haven't felt additional money needs to be spent... always tempted and probably very close to putting down another purchase but I still don't feel its NEEDED.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 pm

I remember those times. How I kept interested in the game was conversing on the built in chat system, doing some light web browsing and tried to ace some achievements. All those things kept me from loosing my interest at that crucial point in the game.

It seems those who get bored at those ranks are the ones who do not spend time establishing contact with other players which is crucial for the later ranks.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

JaySharky

Post by JaySharky » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:17 am

I honestly don't think there was ever a slow time for me in this game. There is always something to do. Moving resources from one village to another, coordinating attacks with faction members, talking to people and helping them, working on your castle to improve defenses, scouting, figuring out what you want to build next, faction mail, what you want to research next, observing enemy activity, donating to the parish to upgrade guilds, I seriously can keep going here. Its insane. I don't know how people come on for a few minutes a day.

I log on and expect to spend an hour and 3 hours later I realize just how much time has gone by. I have 5 villages now, but its always felt busy to me, even when I only had 1 village.

Xolotl

Post by Xolotl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Endless war also keeps things more interesting, since you have to be online a fair amount to protect/act against enemy attacks.

Xolotl
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?

ahmez

Post by ahmez » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:15 pm

i tried :P
is this right ?
Attachments
OnPaste.20190705-140731.png
OnPaste.20190705-140731.png (169.76 KiB) Viewed 598 times

Return to “Game Help”