Castle Designer v1.11 (+Android)

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
tempestua

Castle Designer v1.11 (+Android)

Post by tempestua »

I saw some good screenshots of a castle design program, but sadly it was only available through a web browser and has since been taken down. So I've taken it upon myself to write a Java application that some of you will hopefully find useful.

Features
  • Fast placement of buildings by dragging the mouse
  • Save and load castle designs locally (.png format for easy viewing later)
  • Share designs with other users by copying/pasting a text string into the export/import options (warning: These strings can end up quite large). Or you can just send your saved file to someone.
If you have Java installed, you only need the small StrongholdKingdomsCastleDesigner-1.10.jar file, if you don't have Java installed there is a ~60MB zip file provided that has Java bundled with it. This bundled Java will just sit there in that directory, i.e. it won't get "installed" in the normal way so no Firefox plugins or automatic updates etc.

https://github.com/DavidATGreen/strongh ... ag/v1.11.0

New!: There is now an Android version of the castle designer on the Google Play Store. Use this button to get it:

Thankyou to DavidSpy for providing artwork to make it look awesome!

Screenshot:

Last edited by tempestua on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:27 am, edited 17 times in total.
bukland

Re: Castle Designer Application

Post by bukland »

Hi very nice ty.
But i've a little problem, the last row of tiles in lower side of the castle is hidden, it there a way to resize the window so i can see the whole building area?
tempestua

Post by tempestua »

Hi bukland. I've uploaded a new version (1.1) that should hopefully fix your problem. Let me know if it's still not working for you.
bukland

Post by bukland »

Great Thank-you it works :))
tempestua

Post by tempestua »

I've released a new version that makes it look a bit prettier. Instead of using plain colours it now uses images for most of the buildings.
bukland

Post by bukland »

yes it is better it gives a more precise idea :)
tempestua

Post by tempestua »

You're very welcome DavidSpy - I'm glad you like it :)

I've uploaded a new version 1.3 (source and executable) that will warn you if you build too many of a certain building (i.e. more than 10 ballista towers).
I've also changed the look and feel to mimic whatever OS you're using so the Open/Save windows should look much better.
tempestua

Re: Castle Designer v1.3

Post by tempestua »

Ilok wrote:I like your Castle Designer very much! Thanks for it!

I have one remark: Gateways can't be built next to towers in the game. Could you implement that in your next version? Thanks!
Thanks for letting me know - I'm not sure how I missed that one! :oops:
I've uploaded a new version that fixes it.
muscleboundguy

Re: Castle Designer v1.4

Post by muscleboundguy »

umm...i kinda looked on the download site and in the program and i can't find how to bring the design into the game? It has options for copying the code but how do i put it in the game?
Mostra

Re: Castle Designer v1.4

Post by Mostra »

I'm sorry, but I don't see the use of this. No preview of where you attempt to place things, makes it very annoying to use. I miss the online one:(

Return to “Game Help”