Castle Designer v1.11 (+Android)

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
Omar_Hawk

Re: Castle Designer v1.10 (+Android)

Post by Omar_Hawk »

tempestua wrote:
Omar_Hawk wrote:Mh, does the castle designer support the bombard? Last time I used it, it hadn't support for it...
Not yet. It's still on my TODO, but I don't want to start without the artwork. I've subtly reminded the artist (DavidSpy) about it ;)
I just created a pull request at your github repository. I added an age selector and the bombard by myself. If the code is okay for you, you only have to merge the pull request and won't have any extra work to do (except compiling a new jar of course ;))
Omar_Hawk

Post by Omar_Hawk »

I wonder, if he's still interested in developing it, then. It took me 5h to make all the additions, including getting to know his code and setting up a development environment - so not much work at all... ;)
Alexcia

Post by Alexcia »

Hi,
I just download the file,
but i see not where you can open the map builder,
have installed the latest Java.

how you open the builder?

Thx
Alex
tempestua

Post by tempestua »

That video was an eye-opener, so I've improved things by bundling the JRE in a zip format (which means you can uninstall Java if you really want to, though I don't recommend that). It's a bit untested, so if you use it, could you let me know here if there are any problems?

Cheers.

P.S. I've not forgotten the bombard!
tempestua

Re: Castle Designer v1.11 (+Android)

Post by tempestua »

Good news! World ages and bombard have been added. Better late than never, huh? ;)

Thanks again for the artwork @DavidSpy
GenghisKhan51

Re: Castle Designer v1.11 (+Android)

Post by GenghisKhan51 »

Sorry for this dumb question, I'm new to this game and to the designer, the restrictions where you can place certain buildings/constructions is implemented in your designer? For instance, in the game, the wall/gate can't be placed inside a perimeter (seems 2 tiles from the keep), but in the designer I can place wall/gate next to the keep, I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.
Thanks a lot for your comment/suggestion
Michael

Return to “Game Help”