SHK-Helper

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
1869_Flame

SHK-Helper

Post by 1869_Flame » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:15 pm

As i haven been really busy the last couple of months in RL, i did not had any time to look into this issue with the timer.
I hope to get back to this project in the near future though...

For now i made the project open source under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3
Download source here: http://www.aqua-page.nl/dls/dls/downloa ... /SHK_h.zip

for questions about the code, licence, publishing or anything else, you can mail at 1869clan@aqua-page.nl

SHK-Helper
This project is not from Firefly. So do not sent support tickets to them about this tool!
Post questions, comments and feedback in this topic

Download
Current version: 1.0.0.1 - The Real Deal
Download link: Click to download
Older versions can be found Here

Description
SHK-Helper is a tool that will help you keeping track of the ingame timers.
I have created this tool because i forget about timers constantly, and i dont like to have to check them in all the different ingame tabs.
This tool will let you set multiple timers, that will play a sound and give you a pop-up messages when a timer hits 0.
This way you dont have to bother to keep checking the timers ingame, plus will give you a overview of all important timers in a single glance.
And if you really want to, you can even use it to keep track of your toasts ;)

Usage
- In the first field you can set a name for the field as a reminder.
- Set a icon for the timer that will help you to identify what the timer is for
- Check the box if you want to use double time (1 way or 2 way)
- Set the hours, minutes and seconds corresponding to the one showing in the game (At this point, there is no way to "grab" them from the game)
- In case you want to play a speed card, you can easy calculate the new time by hitting the 2x / 3x / 4x
- Click on the "message" button to set a message, and choose if you want a reminder sound too
- Optional you can pick a sound of your own (Note: at this point only *.Wav is supported)
- Just hit the Start button to start the timer. Once it will hit 0, it will give a popup with the chosen message and sound.

To-Do
- (Add 13-Apr-2012) - Production calculation -> how long will it take with day production Y to reach amount X.
- need feedback from you! What do you want in?

Done for next release.
-

Redundant/rejected ideas:
- Look if it will be possible to make some promp input (0h0m0s"message") that will start the next empty timer on enter.
reason: content of user input will be autoselected when entering the box. This will allow the user to fast tab trough the input fields.

History:
V1.0.0.1 (18-Apr-2012)
- Select the text in box when focus on it.
- Smaller time input boxes.
- Bigger comment boxes (2x original size).
- Adding a option to easy calculate the 2x/3x/4x speeds.
- Improving layout.
- Few small bugfixes.
- Adding a small resize grip in down right corner.
- Start the timer when Enter is hit. (only works if the focus is on the specific line you want to start)

V0.2.0.1 (08-Apr-2012)
- Added small comment field in front of timers.
- Added a checkbox DT (Double Time). This will double the time from the user input.
- Added house icon.
- Few small bugfixes.

V0.1.0.0 (06-Apr-2012)
-Public beta release

If you have any ideas how to make the tool better, what to add. Maybe something else beside timers?
please reply to this topic and i will check if it can be put in.

Read Me / EULA (also included in the install)
EULA SHK-Helper
=======================

A program by 1869_Flame
For questions please e-mail to 1869Clan@aqua-page.nl
Or check the topic at the SHK forums.

=======================

By installing and using this Program, you accept the terms of this license.

Please note that this software is not created by Firefly Studios, and they have nothing to do with this program.

This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty.
In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.

SHK-Helper 2012

Screenshot of the tool:

As i haven been really busy the last couple of months in RL, i did not had any time to look into this issue with the timer.
I hope to get back to this project in the near future though...

For now i made the project open source under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3
Download source here: http://www.aqua-page.nl/dls/dls/downloa ... /SHK_h.zip

for questions about the code, licence, publishing or anything else, you can mail at 1869clan@aqua-page.nl
Last edited by 1869_Flame on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:45 am, edited 12 times in total.

1869_Flame

Re: SHK-Helper

Post by 1869_Flame » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:16 pm

- Reserved for future use -
Last edited by 1869_Flame on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1869_Flame

Post by 1869_Flame » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:25 am

Updated to version V0.2.0.1

V0.2.0.1 (08-Apr-2012)
- Added small comment field in front of timers.
- Added a checkbox DT (Double Time). This will double the time from the user input.
- Added house icon.
- Few small bugfixes.

Download
Current version: 0.2.0.1 - Public Beta
Download link: Click to download
(or check first post above)

To-Do
- need feedback from you! What do you want in?

PhantomAce17

Post by PhantomAce17 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Very nice, was just looking for a timer program to use a couple days ago, I'll let you know if I have any ideas after I've tested it a bit more.

AvErNaN

Post by AvErNaN » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Nice. First idea I had is (don't know how useful it would be) to place on the top a button to change from "silent" to normal mode. So, say you set the timer (a long timer) with a sound, then at a moment happens something that makes you prefer to have it silent, only pop-up. In this way you have solution. Quite stupid idea, I know... In a few day I'll install it, maybe trying to use wil bring more useful ideas ;-)

1869_Flame

Post by 1869_Flame » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:03 am

AvErNaN wrote:Nice. First idea I had is (don't know how useful it would be) to place on the top a button to change from "silent" to normal mode. So, say you set the timer (a long timer) with a sound, then at a moment happens something that makes you prefer to have it silent, only pop-up. In this way you have solution. Quite stupid idea, I know... In a few day I'll install it, maybe trying to use wil bring more useful ideas ;-)
you can set sound on and off for each one of the timers by clicking the "message" buttone. here you can also select another sound if you like.
(at this point it only supports Wav files)

bukland

Post by bukland » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:18 am

Thank-you this is great!!

bukland

Post by bukland » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:23 am

it would be great to have a time calculator for 2X, 3X, 4X cards. But is very usefull anyway

1869_Flame

Post by 1869_Flame » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:37 am

bukland wrote:it would be great to have a time calculator for 2X, 3X, 4X cards. But is very usefull anyway
Good idea. You mean like you put in a time, and than you clicj 2x 3x 4x and will calc the new time for you?

bukland

Post by bukland » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:43 pm

yes exactly what i mean. It would be great in my opininon.
Your helper is a big improvement for me. It avoid to use paper or other stop watch

Return to “Game Help”