Do not buy CROWNS in this game, you are crazy if you do

If you’re new to Stronghold Kingdoms or have a question about the game, check here for useful advice.
chanmanx

Do not buy CROWNS in this game, you are crazy if you do

Post by chanmanx »

I just joined this game for fun 6 days ago as something to do on my phone once in a while and I am baffled by some of the things I saw. I see scouts moving at 1000% speed, armies moving so fast etc.. This cant be right can it? I told my self that you got to be an idiot to buy crowns in this game and I am sticking to it. I refuse to believe, and I encourage you all to understand this 1 important point:

about only 10% of people buy crowns in this game everyone else is FTP. So all that hard time and labor, yes, its 100% FREE for people like me, and 90% of the community. I am telling you already I will be a highly competitive player as a free to play player with only 1 or 2 times checking in a day on here, but that is why you do it occasionally log in once a day and do your stuff.. this game does not require full day dedication, this is not a MMO or a RPG or xbox, this is a browser game.

You can be just as powerful and competitive as a carder, if you understand the game and have skill and technique you can beat anyone. This is about build orders, like Starcraft, micro your units and macro your economy.

Dont be a complete fool and fall for microtransactions in a browser game, this is not a triple A title like Cyberpunk or Halo, those games cost $59.99 and can last you 100+ hours. They took millions of dollars to make, they should cost $59.99+ you are insane if you are spending a DIME on this low graphic browser game, you are one of the very very few people in this game who support microtransactions. Shame you on you, you must be very bad at finances and money management if you spend money on this game, only 10% of fewer people do, be smart like the 90% of us and stop.

ketamian

Re: Do not buy CROWNS in this game, you are crazy if you do

Post by ketamian »

You know nothing mate. "checking in" 1 or 2 times a day will get you reset in a war. You sound mad you cant afford crowns. Most people who spend money on this game can because they aren't broke, whiney little kids who complain. Welcome to one of the most P2W games there is and its one of the reasons many people play it. You are such a noob you actually think you being on mobile casually will get you anywhere in this game LMAO. Id quit now because you aint seen the half of it.

chanmanx

Post by chanmanx »

Get out, you are just trying to frighten people.. I am new to this game but I would speculate not more than 10% of people are paying.. how do i know its 10%, just a guess based on how tight people are with money. When it comes to video games people only pay for big titles, like AAA titles that cost a lot of money and hours to make. No one in their right mind in todays day and age and in Covid19 times will ever spend money on a low graphic game.

There is no incentive to spend money on a poor game on a budget game, you can spend $50 on a xbox or PC game and play it for a year, you must be an idiot to spend money on a game that others play for free. Its like taking UBER for free or you want to donate go ahead donate $10, you are $10 worse off when the guy next to you is riding free. You are calling me the loser, sounds like you are the one mad paying for microtrasactions.

Most people i met take weeks or months to level up, takes a long time cause it is F2P not P2W, only bad players pay to win and they are rare and far between , you can easily beat them and be a great player on free if you are active.

Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

chanmanx wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:08 am
Get out, you are just trying to frighten people.. I am new to this game but I would speculate not more than 10% of people are paying.. how do i know its 10%, just a guess based on how tight people are with money.

Most people i met take weeks or months to level up, takes a long time cause it is F2P not P2W, only bad players pay to win and they are rare and far between , you can easily beat them and be a great player on free if you are active.

Where'd you get that 10% number from? I've won 2 worlds, in both worlds in a house of 60 people I would be hard pressed to find 2 people who claim they did F2P (and those people would typically be the ones who didn't contribute in wars). The fact you claimed this on purely nothing but "based on how tight people are with money" leads me to believe you've never played a competitive game with the ability to use your wallet to give you an advantage aka a real P2W game which is what SHK is.

Sure, you're right you don't need to pay to play/be good. But if you don't plan on paying, you will need to spend 8+ hours every day for weeks farming treasure castles on multiple worlds, or AI on AI worlds just to even think about playing competitively. And if you want to play on an era world? Those worlds are even more lopsided for people who pay. At least with age worlds diligent farming for months will get you enough FP to keep up with the P2W players.

Let me reiterate it one more time, to play this game competitively, you either need to invest huge amounts of time and effort to stay competitive, or you need to pay. And if you don't plan on spending 8-12+ hours a day on this game, then you should get use to playing this game as farmville or find another game. I'm not telling you this to dissuade you, but I am telling you this as someone who has played this game for 6 years, and regretted ever having joined. "Well why don't you quit if you hate it so much?" Because I have many friends who only play this game and I am dealing with an intense case of sunk cost fallacy in which I don't want to quit till I finish this last world I'm on lol.

Leave now while you can.

chanmanx

Post by chanmanx »

Where'd you get that 10% number from? I've won 2 worlds, in both worlds in a house of 60 people I would be hard pressed to find 2 people who claim they did F2P (and those people would typically be the ones who didn't contribute in wars). The fact you claimed this on purely nothing but "based on how tight people are with money" leads me to believe you've never played a competitive game with the ability to use your wallet to give you an advantage aka a real P2W game which is what SHK is.

Sure, you're right you don't need to pay to play/be good. But if you don't plan on paying, you will need to spend 8+ hours every day for weeks farming treasure castles on multiple worlds, or AI on AI worlds just to even think about playing competitively. And if you want to play on an era world? Those worlds are even more lopsided for people who pay. At least with age worlds diligent farming for months will get you enough FP to keep up with the P2W players.

Let me reiterate it one more time, to play this game competitively, you either need to invest huge amounts of time and effort to stay competitive, or you need to pay. And if you don't plan on spending 8-12+ hours a day on this game, then you should get use to playing this game as farmville or find another game. I'm not telling you this to dissuade you, but I am telling you this as someone who has played this game for 6 years, and regretted ever having joined. "Well why don't you quit if you hate it so much?" Because I have many friends who only play this game and I am dealing with an intense case of sunk cost fallacy in which I don't want to quit till I finish this last world I'm on lol.

Leave now while you can.
Your first problem is you joined a HOUSE, i am not in a HOUSE.. Its a mistake to join a HOUSE, you lose control of your decision making. You no longer function independently, you have to participate in HOUSE politics, bla bla have to do what leaders tell you, etc.. How terrible and boring is that, I want freedom, flexibility.. This is why I didnt join any HOUSE and yet I am prospering. I also dont pay to win, I play about 4-5 hours a day and i am dominating.

I am not sure what is a ERA world or what is a AGE world, where do you find this information? As far as I can tell everything is an ERA world now, all new worlds are ERA. Also why do you need FP to keep up with anyone? We are on a new server in DAY 71 and very few people even reached monks, not many people know how to use them effectively they are expensive and FP takes forever to accumulate. Sorry buddy but FP is used by a small % of people!

To win the game for me, requires taking over parishes and then trying to get enough parishes to get my self into Sheriff position. Then I can bully people into doing what I want in that county, no HOUSE or no one is going to stop me. I have 5 villages now, I am rank Viscount after just a few weeks of playing this is my first time playing this game. I studied the game, I watched videos, I chatted with people.. FIRST time playing and I am already one of the top players.. Kid you not, no money spent, because even if you do have money you have no clue what to buy with money, no one knows the best cards to buy, no one knows where the game is going - people are learning as they go. This is not a P2W game because hardly anyone has an advantage, most people do the same thing: use scouts for foraging, kill AI castles, scout weak parishes and villages and attack for gold and loot.. easy, whats the problem?

Slaveabit

Post by Slaveabit »

Everything you have written indicates you have no idea and will get your bottom handed to you very soon.

Return to “Game Help”