It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Starting technique? 

Post Starting technique?
A couple of weeks ago I began to prepare for the mobile release (whenever it will happen) and possibly a new world release along with the release of mobile. I have been saving my cards and began to look at the research tree for what might be a good starting strategy. If you guys don't mind sharing some new world starting tips and what you do to level up please do so.

Fri May 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Post Re: Starting technique?
scouting is big early game, so is military speed. both are good for earning honor and completing quest.

other than that cards, cards, cards...

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:31 pm

Research priority for early game
Arts
Scouts
Horsemanship/Foraging
Command/Force March
Engineering

If you are political enough you can ignore defense for the first 3 days. If you are on a ERA server, you can ignore defense for the first week.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Thank you for the replies you two! Also is it possible to rank at a decent pace without being a banqueter?

Two of my friends and I plan on being close to each other and maybe try to hold a parish together. Should I do the first 4 banquet good type strategy or can I keep up with people that use that strategy by actively killing AI and placing the passive honor buildings?

If they keep the raze level at Prince I would have to be able to reach it in a decent time if I am going to be defending our territory. So I feel like I have to banquet to get those big chunks of honor required in the later ranks.

A few more question. Is it possible to still be a fighter even without the raze ability at knight? Could I fend off my enemies through ransacking and pillage? Do people research against these methods?

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Once you spawn look at the behavior of the players around you and their activity level.

Going the military route only works if you have wolf lairs, bandit camps and Rat Castles to kill. If there are multiple people in your area fighting over targets you will all be slower.

Going the foraging route is a little more forgiving as clearing out stashes encourages them to spawn faster. But if you are fighting for stashes you will be slower.

I think everyone should banquet the "First Four" items (Venison, Furniture, Metalwear and Clothing) because you can produce those in Lowland/Highland villages. Banqueting the "Bottom Four" requires more commitment as you need alternate village types.

However, it is more important to keep playing than it is to start out fast. To really start out fast you need a lot of cards. There are players that have been on the Wolf servers for months and have a hundred basic chivalry cards to pump honor early. And there are other players that will drop hundreds or more buying crowns and card packs.

There are always players who wait for a new server, try hard to be a big player early on and quit when they can't do everything themselves. Be one of the players that helps other players and work as a group, and be the player that is still active on Day 100.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:16 pm

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:
Once you spawn look at the behavior of the players around you and their activity level.

Going the military route only works if you have wolf lairs, bandit camps and Rat Castles to kill. If there are multiple people in your area fighting over targets you will all be slower.

Going the foraging route is a little more forgiving as clearing out stashes encourages them to spawn faster. But if you are fighting for stashes you will be slower.

I think everyone should banquet the "First Four" items (Venison, Furniture, Metalwear and Clothing) because you can produce those in Lowland/Highland villages. Banqueting the "Bottom Four" requires more commitment as you need alternate village types.

However, it is more important to keep playing than it is to start out fast. To really start out fast you need a lot of cards. There are players that have been on the Wolf servers for months and have a hundred basic chivalry cards to pump honor early. And there are other players that will drop hundreds or more buying crowns and card packs.

There are always players who wait for a new server, try hard to be a big player early on and quit when they can't do everything themselves. Be one of the players that helps other players and work as a group, and be the player that is still active on Day 100.

Thank you for your response. This has been really helpful and I will refer back to this when starting a new world.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:23 pm

If you really want to learn the game, join me on an existing server like USA-3. Resources are generous and I can help provide guidance. That said the research trees, quest list and castle layouts are all the same. I would encourage you to practice your server launch on another server without using any cards while waiting for a new server to launch.

Spawn on USA-3 in North Georgia and message me when you arrive.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]