Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Esoteric Paradigm

Re: Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

greenwitch wrote:I love SHK so much that I married in RL a person I met in game.

I am an honest player I don't use Alts I try to always be the best team player.

But these new rules are very flawed.

Yes you can always keep an open village slot to be able to cap someone. But how about Reseting someone from an area. This is a WAR game The ability to Raze at Knight is needed.

So what about Ransackers ?
You take away the ability to Raze at knight so new thoughts new Strategies. Day 5 of server max ransack Cripple players from growing by Ransacking them over and over again.

Players give up leave the game.

The number of active players has dropped seriously.

I spend so much money on this game yet I look at it different now.

FireFly relook at what your doing . Launch the Classic version that we all love.

Have a no card world for those who want to not card.

But for the rest of us please let us Raze at knight again

I agree with Greenwitch and I think the players deserve a detailed response from FF
warlord1799

Post by warlord1799 »

ive been playing online castle building games like strongholds since i was 15 years old. i for one am glad that the devs are taking there game serious and taking it to new hights and making it tougher for the farmers to farm there millions and millions of fp gold and honor. although i believe they half assed the new ruleset.

they should have a cap limit on gold and honor as well:

make it cheaper to charter or cap new villages.

make the cost of captains and troop less.

increase capacity to villages so we can store more goods to build up with

decrease the time it takes to build up a new village castle . cause if your worried about the new players running away from the game; then who the * wants to wait 50 days for there village castles to finish building id say no more then 10 days for low ranks and prince and above should have a fully built village within 3 days ( normal peace time )

make monk cost the same throughout each rank even crown prince. just make it cost less then what it is now cause iding 40 villages with 8 monks each costs 100k right now that would only last less then one business week lol.

increase army size per rank and max army at cp is 900 army

cheaper army cost

make research faster take out the 2 years it takes to complete research

i like the idea of changing the gameplay but if your gonna do it you need to do it right and take every aspect into consideration and not just the ones you deem notable. if people could do more stuff in the game early on then it would be more fun. frankly alts never bothered me. they are useful in war to upset your enemy forcing them to give up the game and move on. its a tactic thats been used by every house in every war ever fought. (dont lie or try to deny it folks)

anyways just thought it put in my 2 cents worth of chat lol enjoy =D
Imuks76

Post by Imuks76 »

Disagree with- Marquis can hold kingseats,but cant raze....no sense
1.Fp limit +
2. Not lost guildies effect after 1st era +
3.Finally we can attacks teammates +
4.Only 20 members in Faction,5 factions in house +
5.Cant upgrade parishes fast,need a lot of flags now -

1st Era ended in Europe4,but still no balistas and churchies in most of parishes,lol.
And with new rules long time no catapults enought,because guildies require more flags.No catas=farm online,not Stronghold kingdoms :) Cant raze from knight rank=farm online in 1st era,need 150 days to get prince rank.SO with new rules developers maked 1st era to farm,not fight...

So.....Raze from knight rank must be,and give us back less flags for buildings in parishes.Dear developers,thanks for best economic strategy in the world,but please not make Farm online from Stronghold KIngdoms.Anyway,only one fighter from 100 stay in low rank
Imuks76

Post by Imuks76 »

noone want play one server 5 years..... New rules make server run faster,and it is very good.But we want fight from start of server in low ranks-cap,raze.But with new rules first 3 eras need upgrade parishes..No sense.Too many flags needed.And raze from prince in Era worlds is mistake
orlandovjc

Post by orlandovjc »

This is weird thing, maybe I'm the only one... but the thing that annoys me is that we still are trying to shove square pegs in round holes... ie why are parish capitals round???? all the building are square, the village castles are square, but because someone thought it cute to make us force our square pegs in these round holes, you end up with a ton of wasted spaces.

Granted letting us retain guild bonus will help, but no matter where I look no ones bothered to say WHICH guilds are safe to delete. No one wants to level a guild to max, delete it and find out "oh, sorry that guild isn't included". (like I just did with pikemen).
crizgenhiz

Post by crizgenhiz »

I cant download in my s7 edge.
Imioniuas

Post by Imioniuas »

i think that there should be still house reset in new eras. Now it is that a couple of low level players can take a house and much better factions will stay without a house forever....
GermanWarfighter

Post by GermanWarfighter »

I feel like most people who did complain here about the rule changes did not really try to addept their playstyle to such rules.. people who played eu 4 really like the new rules and see that it made the game more fun also for the long term. for example more flags needed for the buildings in the parish is ok as you dont need to rebuild after era 1. also ranking up is not so hard. after maybe 80 days nearly every active player was prince or above..
also the changes are good for fighting houses... the neutrals can not farm milions of faith they will just have 200k and can not win win by simply outmonking for ever. on eu 4 we saw that quite well. the western houses tried against the russians now and had full accounts, but after 3 weeks now they lost the war after they had good gains in the beginning by using their monks.. ith these changes the better house wins and that favours me so i like it haha
Imuks76

Post by Imuks76 »

would be nice add all units from stronghold crusader...Anyway kingdoms builded on crusader engine.
Peter Upchurch

Post by Peter Upchurch »

These new ERA worlds are dying, along with the game as a whole...many of the new rules were well intentioned, but did not play out in real time..I understand the need to stop cheating, however these rules are having a huge negative impact on the game as a whole. This game is ideal for heavy carders and it creates a situation where they are rewarded 1000x over. Only razing as a Prince plays right into the heavy carders hands. That seems to be a small issue, compared to the heavy carders able to control the flags in the game...with the high costs of buildings (I know you can keep them for all ages), the aveage player will never get enough to build a church or batista....if you cannot build batlistas, you get crushed. One might say that you can eventually get them, but I see that the average player leaves this world or is crushed well before being able to defend their castles....catapults gain far more power on these worlds, as nothing can stop them and a castle that takes weeks to build, gets wiped in 2 medium attacks. My suggestion is that SHK get back to basics and create a English world with the original rules....what would it hurt, as the players that want t play it know the ups and downs. Call it a classic world or something.

I am an excellent example of what is happening with the game...I love the original worlds and I played them, spending dollars to buy crowns to do so....I hate the new ERA system and SHK has refused to open any new British (original) maps. so I no longer buy crowns and I am thinking of leaving the game...I have no idea if SHK ever reads these forums or frankly even cares...but if they do not and do nothing to revise the game, they will lose many players such as myself that spends (in my case have spent) hundreds of REAL dollars a year on crowns...

Return to “News & Client Updates”