Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
meatball2k

Re: Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Post by meatball2k »

Sounds good although the razing at prince only seems abit silly, It takes average players a long time to hit prince which means for example it takes me 100 days to hit prince so in that time I can be razed but cannot raze anyone but only defend, It also benefits players from ai worlds who go to new worlds and get to instant cp in a day and pop chiv cards with ease to make up for the extra cost of razing.

Maybe its to late or maybe I'm wrong but razing at prince only seems like bad idea, all the other rules though are excellent.
tamer123

Post by tamer123 »

greetings all

GREAT JOB DEV team

love the new changes except bing able to raze after you reach prince

this is perfect for heavy carders

time to plan for some dank videos :lol:

the comedian troll is out

regards
Laella

Post by Laella »

Some of this I am intrigued with and I was on-board, for the most part, until the end... forcing the real players to have to create a system of having princes whose job it is to capture lowbies so their faction/alliance mates can then raze a risky village is just cumbersome and doesn't really help the real players trying to secure an area.
crownick

Post by crownick »

This is a great idea, great job developers, and a great idea working to bring in a new crowd.
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

The razing only at prince seems a bit silly. It makes the heavy carder gameplay more unbalanced (though I'd imagine you'd want that)

I also liked when houses and factions would disband at the end of the age. It would create a interesting diplomatic scenario. In the world I play on, every time an age change has happened the main house splits up and immediately goes to war, or another house tries to capitalize on the confusion and attack a different house.

It will be interesting seeing how you get around that issue when worlds hit 'age 4' with 60 player limit unless the era system has removed that mechanic.

The quicker ages and FP max cap should create for more skill based fights rather then ID * matches in which you try and out ID the enemy until they run out of FP
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I love the fp cap though, that's brilliant idea as its totally * us over on gc1 with players with millions of fp who have farmed all server rolling in like billy big balls monking everything in sight,

I 100% disagree with the prince only being able to raze though that just sucks, I would hope that this can be changed even if they bump it down to earl or something. Also been on the wrong end of beign excommed by gentleman with max monk speed and excom recently so I like that rule change regarding not being able to excom at low rank
Pueo

Post by Pueo »

I'll be honest, I just blew a loaf seeing that changes are happening. +1 for money well spent. I was wrong miracles do happen :>

P.S. prince+ for razing seems odd unless you consider the amount of money you spend getting to prince! (amirite?) I see you sly dogs! good on yah!
marko7

Post by marko7 »

Lord Benevolent wrote:Raze is only available to players ranked Prince or above
WTFF??? :o :o :o

This make no sense ....
Lord Rothchild

Post by Lord Rothchild »

@Lord Benevolent

I have a suggestion for the razing implementation.

Knights (16) up to Duke (21) can only raze players of their own level, and Princes(22), and Crown Princes(23) can raze whomever they chose, of course with the penalty still implying.

Alternatively, you could do a +1, -1 rule to the level excluding Knights from going lower.

For example, a Knight (16) could raze a Baron (17), but not a Squire (15).

However,

A Baron (17), could raze a Viscount (18), and also a Knight (16).

Just a suggestion. ^^

~Lord Rothchild~
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

Leaving a forum link means you want to hear what people think and you could still change something:
Lord Benevolent wrote:
An update from the devs:

Faith Point Cap - A player’s faith point cap , reaching a maximum of 200,000 for players ranked Prince and above.

• Raze is only available to players ranked Prince or above.

Faith cap is great idea, but it can not be that low as 200k! Faith is only thing which equalize carder and non carder.
should be 500k or 400k at least, everything bellow is on big favor of heavy carders.

Razing at level prince? so we have to wait everyone to get to level prince to start a war lol
just lift up 2 levels higher then knight.
Although im not sure i understand at all this raze cap.

for me FP is much bigger issue and if not changed im not planing to join any new world
regards

Return to “News & Client Updates”