Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Alacrity

Re: Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Dave1 wrote:Yes good fun being a low rank raiser Knight or Barron been there got the T shirt but cheats use them as the high ranks blow the castles open and in a lot of cases use these low rank raisers/alts just to save the high ranks honor
Exactly. We are not removing raze from the game, but we do feel like it is a very harsh tactic best reserved to high rank players. Some have mentioned the "need" to raze low ranked players, but we feel that the changes made to curb the abilities of these players eliminates this need.
Atopsecret

Post by Atopsecret »

upon reading your attempts to convince us all that you have and are dealing with the alt / dummy accounts problem which is by far the games biggest downfall other than ff employees themselves its clear you are just trying to find a way out of saying you cannot deal with it....for example..do you think anyone really cares as to what rank can or cannot do, as most veteran players know full well they can make any alt account rank to the desired level via the help or others sending banquette goods over (prince packs and jumping to worlds just to achieve this has been proven) and then to go on and do whats needed make there alt account to prince adding another day to there troubles. is no big deal!...(bad change)
fp may well stop alot of farmers (amber rose) thinking they can control worlds by sitting around claiming there innocence until they have a million fp and then acting upon it... (good change) for those not having the contacts granting them the time to farm in the first place/ evens the playing field but does not stop her ranking up another 3 other accounts when in need. in reflection a useless change
1 ip address per account and 1 account per world (simple) any trying to attempt anything different looses the account with the most to loose (not the newly created one as what seems currently to happen)

so for the record..i now have to make prince just so I can only cap low alt accounts when they are monking parishes etc costing me a tonne of honour just so they can maybe respawn in the exact same parish then kicks back building fp and id prolonging there stay until I can once again delay my game to cap a poncy bad built village that I have to hold a week before I can abandon once again really really bad change.

I see more prince alt coming just to deal with this issue not alone trying to stop them.

good bye shk
Atopsecret

Post by Atopsecret »

many thanks and best regards to all the palyers over the years who assisted me in learning many different aspects of the game...your time and patience fun and laughter will never be forgotten....xredravenx
rich the irish
wardog
alethra
0ct4ne
little pixie
gtopa
jwilson
fatcobra
c,Norris
nele-bih
cregor
xcat
cato
shorty
megalord
sgt brusiers
list is endless so thank you all.
Viking John Jr

Post by Viking John Jr »

I would rather see rules like this

1. You must be in a house to raze ,, then we could still have the low level razers to counter raze when enemy try's to capture into our lands.

2. You must be in a house to monk a parish , this would stop rogues in their tracks because they would have to wait till they could get the votes to take parish.

3. You must be in a house to ID, excom , or send abs to another player , this would make Alt acounts totaly useless for IDing or sending excom , abs.

4. Cap on FP is good the way you have it, but also make castles build 4X faster ....... as it is it takes 30 days build fully built castle without cards , make it take only a week and at least the non-heavy carders have a chance to at least have fun defending.

5. Cut research time in half

I have had over 20 people I know try this game and all quit after 30-40 days due to being bored, only reason I still bother is being retired farming gives me something to do and I can stay intouch with players I played with 6 years ago or so .....well the ones that still play :)

If you keep it to where only Princes can raze , you will have even more players walking away due to getting bored , I would think you would rather have 50 players that spend 15 bucks a month for a fun game rather then have 5 players that spend a one time 200 bucks to power rank so they can bully others. You would be alot further ahead , the heavy carders only have to spend for the first 60 days by then they have most the other players to loose hope and move on , then you have dead world making you no money.

Your rules will not stop Alts or rogues ,, Mine would :lol:
SirZeke

Post by SirZeke »

Good grief!

All these contortions to stop multis? The cure has always been simple and many online games use it. Only one account per IP addy.

But doing that means less money from folks willing to throw money at the game. A wallet decision to stomp on the symptoms instead of implementing the cure.
Viking John Jr

Post by Viking John Jr »

Also , you must keep in mind players in collage dorms all share same IP, , and a lot of collage students play this game , or at least use to
WaywardChampion

Post by WaywardChampion »

I would like to make two suggestions regarding the upcoming gameplay changes:

1)Those quests that grant Faith points should increase a players current Faith points cap by an equal amount to the Faith points granted as a quest award. That way active players wont be penalized for completing quests at lower ranks.

2) Rather than have the ability to raze be restricted to the highest ranks, instead have that ability be based on the players activity level as expressed by the number of quests completed. The more active players have more invested in the game and are usually less likely to grief new players. Razing an opponent is at least half the fun of this game and it would be an extremely boring world if we all had to wait until everyone is at rank 22 just to raze an enemies castle. I would instead suggest perhaps 100 quests completed to unlock the ability to raze.

All in all , I appreciate the willingness of FF to make changes in an effort to fight Alts, but I am not sure that the current changes will be effective. Particularly when the only realistic tactic we have to fight this kind of cheating is to simply raze them out from our counties.

Post by 220897 »

i do find the part where you say together, with your help we will continue to ban them, but i have a mail from someone who admits to account sharing, (against the rules) but there still playing.

let alone they then messaged the person who reported them saying i was told by a MOD that you reported me...

doesnt at all seem like everyone gets fair treatment...
Micha7835

Post by Micha7835 »

the funniest thing is that you still believe there is a way to stop alting

neither of your propositions will work against alts, because everyone will find a way to get one, if they will want to. there are just certain things that will make alting less attractive, and therefore less viable in the game. the way you want to make it rn is to make all alt accounts at least level 20, where they can monk, and during the passive farming they will get enough fp to do 2-3 waves of monking before they become useless, so actually it will be like in order to alt well you have to invest more time into it

other change is that if you want a viable alt account for a war you need to get it to prince so not only wars will be delayed but alts will start running since the beginning, then being pumped by others. IT WONT STOP, DEAL WITH IT. there is no ruleset more effective than actually legit work put in from administrators into detecting alts and improving the game systems

also believing that knight razers were alts...well this is just stupid because its rly hard to fight on 1 account then imagine fighting on 3. knight razer was a simple and good alternative for someone who got banned, getting an account to knight wasnt so difficult and amount of researches required to be effective was low enough so someone could remake account. after i got banned for paypal drama i remade account and got my knight account running and effective in war in 2 weeks, with a help from princes of course, but i could play on it without having to get running acc from someone

john your rules are bs aswell, the perfect world was world 1 where we had normal wars and nobody complained. being in a house to raze will be countered effectively, as there would be a rule "pick an alliance or quit the game", as you cant defend yourself being neutral, and you would have all houses effectively occupied by major alliances, unless retards are in charge. the same goes with monking, in general, the way you want to make the mechanics is, that only players in house are able to do anything on the map, but in fact this is wayyyyyyy too abusive with a group of people who know how to abuse these mechanics, like i said, just form 5-man factions and take over every house and bye bye faction vs faction wars

BTW NOT SURE IF YOU REALISED BUT DECREASING THE RESEARCH TIME WILL ONLY I N C R E A S E THE AMOUNT OF ALT ACCOUNTS BECAUSE THESE WOULD BE DEVELOPED PROPERLY X TIME FASTER THAN IN CURRENT STATE WHICH IS ANNOYING AND PUSHING AWAY FROM ALTING ITSELF

Lord Alacrity wrote:
Dave1 wrote:Yes good fun being a low rank raiser Knight or Barron been there got the T shirt but cheats use them as the high ranks blow the castles open and in a lot of cases use these low rank raisers/alts just to save the high ranks honor
Exactly. We are not removing raze from the game, but we do feel like it is a very harsh tactic best reserved to high rank players. Some have mentioned the "need" to raze low ranked players, but we feel that the changes made to curb the abilities of these players eliminates this need.
in fact you are not removing the raze from the game, you are removing the balance, which favors heavy carders and AI worlds abusers, because only these will be able to strike effectively quickly in a game. or you are delusional and believe in someone investing large amount of money, to develop someone else account. either way, raze was in a good state of the game, if you want to raise the level, be serious and make it level 18 or 19. for me you are twisting your own mechanics. because for me its an absurd, that you can be sherriff at level 16, but cannot raze at level 16. you forgot that you implied capitol army for certain reason, 600|750|900 troops are incredibly powerful (and bh abused this absurd the best, everyone can confirm how ridiculous were 3x750 armies wiping the entire castle) and right now it will be in hands of someone who cannot use it EFFECTIVELY. yes, you will say that he can always open the village- but for who? for a capture, or for a prince? how many villages can prince have? how many villages can he hold in warzone? and taking out the possibility to ID a prince from other ranks isnt helping in that regard. oh, and dont forget with these mechanics you make it unable for anyone in fact to get rid of unwanted villages, other than just abandoning it. AAAAAAAAND lastly, if there is ANYONE that has brain, if you realise its a capture, and enemy doesnt want that village, just launch some slow army from long distance, and there is no way that he can abandon. and prince has to decide, whether he raze useless village of house member, or enemy village. rly stupid mechanics
if you want to be serious, then implement changes for capital seats aswell. because it doesnt make any sense at all to be able to hold a county at 16th level, but to raze someone you need to be 22nd level. oh, and on top of that- dont forget, that in current state of the game a county, province or country is given to most active and most useful players to abuse the benefits it gives to the holder- but also leaves on him the major responsibility for holding it, with the help of the others in the county. YES, OF COURSE, YOU WILL SAY THAT THE CHANGES WILL LEAD TO IMPROVING THE TEAMPLAY- but, let me ask you- ARE YOU BLIND? do you really think on the map so huge like global you have that many ways to manipulate holding of the land, where already on GC1, which had been very active, there were serious problems of holding the areas? 1 village per parish is a rule since long time, mostly because players DO NOT PLAY ACTIVELY. so with these changes you also have to change the capitals and follow with even more changes, otherwise the system you created will be incoherent and illogical
Roland of Bremen

Post by Roland of Bremen »

This is years behind in happening. Before UK Worlds 3, 4, and 5 started, this should have happened. Also, why not be able to turn around monks and merchants? That is something that has been asked for since the first world that opened. And as for people with multiple accounts, why not just ban it, like it was during UK 2, before it was changed? No accounts with same IP allowed in same world. If it's friends or relatives, or people in the same school, well there are enough worlds that they can split up into. That would cut people from using multiple accounts, or sharing accounts. These are things that have made thousands of players leave this game. I would rather see worlds be cut down to maybe 50 players, at the most, and where you could build a castle without it being just in a little box. Plus, add elements that were in the original PC game.

Return to “News & Client Updates”