Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lunks

Re: Dev Diary: Era Worlds & Gameplay Changes

Post by Lunks »

I think its behavior. I have dozens of pictures of neutral players who are spawning to support H19 players in GC1. At this point, its a measure of being desperate. If I popped up in W1 or W2 and monked a player clearly I'd understand why FF said STOP.

It's *, they only care about new players. They probably read a book about the "voice of the customer". Now they are trying to implement the best experience for new customers. Why fix old problems? They've only had 7 years.

Lunks
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Well people will agree with me and others disagree all I know ow is heavy part of defeat on gc1 was the fact a faction who had farmed majority of server rolled in with there fp and the other h10 faction had people with 30/40 achievemrnts/quests done and the main achievements where monk related I. E influencing vo5ing and I ding other villages. So those where either alts or playing solely because they where getting crowns. Now there is a 200k fp limit this massively suits my style of play as I have never fought in any age 1 with more then 200kfp most I had in gc1 was 140k.

So I love this new rule. Raze still sucks but the fp cap is * brilliant. No more gentleman sending super speed excom either. Just gets better and better. I don't expect to see the farmers stick around much longer though they wouldn't have a clue how to play without having millions of fp.other players who load villages with 30 days of I'D will need to think twice.

I look forward to mobile launch so I can get into this new world where those pussys who have to pay for I'D or farmers who sit on 20 villages building millions of fp are no longer a threat.
Klatsche1994

Post by Klatsche1994 »

meatball2k wrote:Well people will agree with me and others disagree all I know ow is heavy part of defeat on gc1 was the fact a faction who had farmed majority of server rolled in with there fp and the other h10 faction had people with 30/40 achievemrnts/quests done and the main achievements where monk related I. E influencing vo5ing and I ding other villages. So those where either alts or playing solely because they where getting crowns. Now there is a 200k fp limit this massively suits my style of play as I have never fought in any age 1 with more then 200kfp most I had in gc1 was 140k.

So I love this new rule. Raze still sucks but the fp cap is * brilliant. No more gentleman sending super speed excom either. Just gets better and better. I don't expect to see the farmers stick around much longer though they wouldn't have a clue how to play without having millions of fp.other players who load villages with 30 days of I'D will need to think twice.

I look forward to mobile launch so I can get into this new world where those pussys who have to pay for I'D or farmers who sit on 20 villages building millions of fp are no longer a threat.
the problem with the 200k fp cap is, that you as a single player do only have 200k fp to play with, but someone who gifts crowns for fp has endless fp as he can just switch from one player with 200k fp to another and then another again and then the first one has 200k farmed up already again. this cap is only a limit to you who wanna fight not for the other guy;) and when the way to get around that is only being able to id someone at the rank of prince, well then the guy who wants id will find some banquett goods and get that person to prince in a couple days.. the only real good change that firefly forgot somehow in that update list would be a change to cards and card points from AI worlds. those should be getting a seperate card pool and should only be usable on those AI worlds when you log into the pvp server those ressources should be locked. that source of cards did destroy gc1 early on and only now quite late in the server things start to normalize as people dont want to waste time on AI worlds so much anymore. with the mobile map then starting this shouldnt be doable again else you loose nearly 100% of the new players in the first few days when they see people ranking to cp in 20 minutes and having pitchmonster everywhere without being carders haha. it will become a far bigger game when it gets into the appstores and when people see they need to pay money to be able to play along other none spenders and not even have advantages then they will just stop playing right away ;)
dark destroyer

Post by dark destroyer »

if you make it that the low rank players can only id there villages and only do quest with there monks till say there marquis,
then it will stop a load of these low ranks getting in the way when its war ,at least if there marquis it dont cost you as much in honour to raze these alts

as for getting to prince to be able to raze people ,its just another money making exercise from you know who, so you card as fast as you can to get to prince

the raze level as to be dropped to say marquis, this prince level is just to much for some non carders in the game , your mates who dont card much will be waiting a 100 days or so till they get into the game, i bet you by then most will say they cant be * to play waiting 100 days just to raze

ill give it one last go this new world with its changes , if you dont change am done on here had a good innings over 6 yrs of playing , but now its just become so boring to play and spend on here
BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

meatball2k wrote: I look forward to mobile launch so I can get into this new world where those pussys who have to pay for I'D or farmers who sit on 20 villages building millions of fp are no longer a threat.
lol Farmers will not be threat bec they will not fight at all, but you also will not be threat to anyone either.
those pussyss who pay for id are heavy carders, when your faith runs out in 2months of war they will wipe you out. Domination world starts, means they dont need to pay for id anymore, they just need to buy cards from now on and keep sending attacks on you. I know carders who were spending 1k$ a week, what can u do against them when your faith runs out with your 3k card points(not a question). Have you ever been bellow 5-10k faith and enemy faction is sending attacks on you anywhere on map?
And with this new world you will not be able to fool anyone that you have more faith. Chasing players will be common. First they chase weaker, then they will break your spine, forcing your medium strong ones to quit by chasing them anywhere. Best will remain for the end in factions of 5-10 players with low faith.
and then you will ask for peace if you are strong enough to admit defeat.
Or you can keep rogue fighting and razing easy castles of their unactives and saying look my razes on leaderboards.

Gc1 have lot of safe zones. What about a point in game when there are no safe zones like for sneaky was now in H19. How fast your faith was runing out, Why did you quit anyway, is it bec of low faith also? Im sure if you had it in abundance you would keep on.
_RichardLionHeart_

Post by _RichardLionHeart_ »

@FireFly

In the New Years News feed, you posted that there would be new contest pitting all players against each other as well as the ability to move the Town Hall. New achievements and more quests. Will this be something that will come out on the Europe 4 map? Also, is there any plans to create more Houses?

Also... Is there a possibility of adding an additional vacation mode to balance out the faith point cap.

Sincerely,

_RichardLionHeart_
Omar_Hawk

Post by Omar_Hawk »

Lord Benevolent wrote:
Faith Point Cap - Additionally, a rank based limit on the maximum number of faith points a player can accumulate has been implemented. A player’s faith point cap is initially 750 and increases at each full rank after 8, reaching a maximum of 200,000 for players ranked Prince and above. This means that the Thane who spawns next to you on Day 500 of an Era world will have a maximum of 1500 faith points, instead of a potential 300,000 or more like on an old world. It also means that players will have a much greater incentive to use the faith points they have.

Ok, imagine a crown prince in age (/era) 4 with 40 villages. Each interdict monk costs you 340 FP, so in total 13.600 faith points for 4 hours of interdict for all 40 villages. This 200k FP cap means, a crown prince can use around 15 monks on each of his villages before he is down to zero. So basically 2.5 days... So the crown prince must stay either awake forever and use tons of defense cards, or live with the fact that his villages will be gone quickly in a normal war (where yor enemy has hundreds of millions of parish gold). Of course, the crown prince could directly go down to less villages - but then would also not be able to hold much land anymore, which is especially important in the fifth age (era), where you need to control at least 30% of the parishes for holding a county - with max. 60 people in a house..... Plus, going to e.g. 10 villages will make this last 10 days, so not much better. So, I guess, this will also cause that wars will be decided very quickly by all the players playing most of the cards.

Does not sound very well-thought, all-in-all. Maybe you could make player castles much stronger than they are currently now, to re-balance this a little bit...
zafont

Post by zafont »

@Firefly
guys, one fellow player above, asked about the possible change you are planning in the ability to relocate the Town Hall, and there is no answer yet. Can you please give us a comment on that and wether it is going to come in effect with the launch of E4?
hylanda

Post by hylanda »

zafont wrote:@Firefly
guys, one fellow player above, asked about the possible change you are planning in the ability to relocate the Town Hall, and there is no answer yet. Can you please give us a comment on that and wether it is going to come in effect with the launch of E4?
Personally, the best I'm hoping for is that they made a typo and meant the Village Hall rather than the Town Hall... :roll:
andreibaru

Post by andreibaru »

I simply cannot say this enough to you guys.

START * ADVERTISING THE GAME YOU MORONS!! HOW HARD IS IT TO GET A SPOT ON SITES LIKE MMORPG.COM??!!

It cannot be underestimated how uch you are * yourselves.

Return to “News & Client Updates”