It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:40 am

Forum rules

Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 The Final Age 

Post Re: The Final Age
that's not a mistake that's a major fk up , what a waste of time , you think that's a generous reward for 5 years of playing and paying into this game its really not :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:32 pm

I would like to highlight again, that despite the ominous tone, the end of a world is by no means a certainty, it will be decided entirely by the players playing actively on that game world what they want to do. Those prizes might never be claimed if a group of active dedicated players decide that they want to prevent it.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:41 pm

Yes but letting one player decide the fate of a game world is useless let me show you what i mean. Say the leading houses make a pact not to end the server then later if a player or house marshel gets * off and decides to drop all players from the leading house create a bunch of fake alts upgrades the accounts to be put in a faction then takes all the towers and ends the game. Leaving everyone else screwed. Firefly would not be able to do a thing about it

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:24 am

You are not letting multipul people decide the fate of a game one person holds the butten if that player wants he can end the game regardless of how other players feel.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:31 am

Fascinating that most (if not all) of the people crying about the rewards are in House 17.

I'll do my best to help but sometimes I'll be wrong and you can bet there'll be someone along soon to point that out.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:37 am

it figures, after I actually praise firefly for a good decision they go and * up by posting the prizes wrong. You guys seriously need to invest in a good marketing person. someone who can interact with the players and make sure you don't do stupid things. You guys might be great coders but you really lack in community relations. if my employees interacted with my customers some of the ways I have seen by firefly employees, the would be ex employees.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:10 am

I, too, feel that the change in prizes is not going to attract people to play actively in final age.

However, the card point values for the 'mistake' prizes were OP. And 20 months premium for getting gold+final victory is.. a lot of premium.

Now though, they're not enticing enough. People don't usually stay on the wolf world forever because it is easy to lose villages, and quite repetitive gameplay sometimes. But many people know that if you find someone willing to help you out just a little bit there, you can make 4k card points with relative ease.

Ok, so the ones posted first were never meant to be posted. But they were posted. And they make the new prizes look worse than they are.

I suggest changing the prizes a third time.
Gold- Existing prizes, but increase card point value to 15k and add 2x 30 day tokens
Silver- Existing prizes, increase cp value to 7.5k
Bronze- Existing prizes, increase cp value to 3k, decrease premium token to 1x 30 day.
Final- Existing prizes, add 5k cp and 1x 30 day token.

I don't think these prizes would be over the top, but they would entice more people to the 6th and 7th ages, making for a more interesting 'end of the world/save the world' experience.

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:59 am

@Sir Glennalot - You are right, I am in house 17 :P However I'm posting more to do with the fact that they nerfed ALL the rewards, For gold, silver and bronze. It to me seems very unprofessional to upload one set of rewards, which although OP, have certainly had the desired effect - Over 900 people have spawned onto world 4 with the chance of scooping some of the prizes. Now they have changed them to very very under powered rewards.

What Claire suggested would be in line with what would be good and useful for starting up again from scratch after the server inevitably goes offline. It is more than a bit of a mistake by your marketing folks though. If it had been a typo, fine. But it was not. :|

Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:57 pm

My beef is i dont like that one person has the option to close the world if your closing a world thats a pretty big responsibility to give one player. Even for a house marshal. I do apologize for acting out on this i just dont like when people only want to destroy or end a game world without even discussing the possibilty of udating them or not. To me this update shows that firefly does not care about all there players as much as we thought they did. To me i feel like this is the first step of a long dark road for firefly and its loyal customer's.

In the end i dont mind the update i think it could be tweaked a bit to give everyone a chance to save the world or end it. Forcing players to play another world is wrong in my eyes.

I would like to here more from the guys in red about why they decided this update would be best for everyone.

The game before age 6 was balanced out among all types of remaining players these updates unblance everything and forces people to make harsh decisions and making the game more of a responsibility then what its ment to be"a game".

Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:16 pm

all firefly moderators/admin staff will be razed on sight on world 4

Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next