The Final Age

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Diligent

The Final Age

Post by Lord Diligent »

The Final Age!

The Final Age brings with it a new rule set:

1. The Final Age begins with 150 Royal Towers on the map.
2. ‘The Button’ can be pressed by the Marshall of the House that controls all towers.
3. Pressing ‘The Button’ ends the world, determining which players claim each reward tier!
4. The Glory Race has no end and Houses are no longer eliminated.
5. The first House to reach 1 million Glory points wins the Round and gains a star.
6. After each Glory Round, towers respawn and tower control is reset.
7. Each Round brings the number of towers down by 10, with a minimum of 20.
8. A new ‘Royal Towers’ tab has been added to the Glory screen.
9. Capital guilds can now be upgraded an additional five levels.
10. No new players may join this game world. Only those who previously had a village on this world may enter it.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: The Final Age

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Please clarify that the "Final Age" will commence after the end of the "6th Age." - Deke
DekeYoungAtlanta

Lord Diligent wrote:
The Final Age!

The Final Age brings with it a new rule set:

10. No new players may join this game world. Only those who previously had a village on this world may enter it.
Question.

We are currently in the Final Age and player A has one or more villages on the map.
All of those Player A villages are razed and Player A has been reset

Can Player A spawn a new village on the map during the remainder of the "Final Age"?
DekeYoungAtlanta

The most critical part of the game will be the days( more likely hours) at the end of the 6th age and prior to the final age rollover. I personally am going to go on a crusade to raze out as many 1 village players as possible in that limited time frame.

Of course I will be thwarted by players that abandon their last village at the end of the 6th age and have peacetime protection during the rollover period.

And I know of several bandits who will play on the UK-4 final age server just to disrupt the goals of other players, gaining satisfaction from their actions "griefing others".

- Deke
DekeYoungAtlanta

Please clarify the House/Faction/Player limits in the Final Age.

assuming that the 6th age limits of 3 factions per house and 10 players per faction carry over the the Final Age, that is a maximum of 30 players trying to control all the Royal Towers on the map, which means we will have to grind out many Glory rounds in order to reduce the Royal Castle count to a quantity that can be controlled by only 30 players.

This also means that Early and Intermediate Glory rounds will have no bearing on which group of players is finally able to capture all the Royal Towers (as that number is diminished in later Glory rounds.

And I further propose that it will be far easier to PREVENT the end of the age than it will be to ACHIEVE the end of age goals. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it does mean that a dedicated and motivated subset of player could prolong the game map as long as they are willing to be disruptive.

Imagine 20 fixed targets that cannot be interdicted and are open to attack from any number of attacking armies. To me the winning formula will require timed attacks on all 20 Royal Towers at the same time to achieve win conditions. This will be interesting, but we will have to wait to see how long a Glory Round lasts and how long players willingness to grind it out remains.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Lord Benevolent wrote:
DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:The most critical part of the game will be the days( more likely hours) at the end of the 6th age and prior to the final age rollover. I personally am going to go on a crusade to raze out as many 1 village players as possible in that limited time frame.
Why? Anyone who ever possessed a village on that world before the start of the Final Age (be it Day 1 of the world) may enter it in the Final Age.
Are you saying that any player that has ever had a village on UK-4 will be able to join the game in the Final Age of UK-4?

For example, though I have not played on UK-3 in several years, when the Final Age of UK-3 server starts 5 years from now I will be able to enter that Final Age?
warlord1799

Post by warlord1799 »

I think it is stupid to have final victory whats the point of playing a game when you know the games going to come to an end and you have to restart from scratch if u want to keep playing other worlds should firefly decide to make new worlds
Juris931

Post by Juris931 »

at the beginning I did not like ... but reflecting i think is not so bad , a nice idea
if the ruling house does not want to end the world ,with the passing of glory's rounds another house can organize an assault to towers to "steal victory" ... interesting

the final victory won't be a deathmatch, but a "capture the flag"
DekeYoungAtlanta

warlord1799 wrote:I think it is stupid to have final victory whats the point of playing a game when you know the games going to come to an end and you have to restart from scratch if u want to keep playing other worlds should firefly decide to make new worlds
Exercise your personal choice to stay or leave the UK-4 server.
Alethra

Post by Alethra »

How many factions will be in a house?

Return to “News & Client Updates”