The Final Age

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: The Final Age

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

warlord1799 wrote:Also you have not once discussed the possibility on keeping the games open which is the real reason im upset about all this crap
Warlord1799, you have two tiny new villages in Derbyshire on UK-4 server. If you are a "true war gamer" you have 6 months to prepare, then you need to play the game and prevent a house from capturing all the Royal Towers at the same time by attacking them yourself. My estimate is that on UK-6 the sixth age will take 6-9 months and the Final Age will require 10+ glory rounds before any one group of 30 players can even attempt to control all the Royal Towers at the same time.

You do not have villages on UK-1 server, and they are at least a year behind UK-4. I doubt that your home server (whatever it may be) is closed before 2020.

Of course, you are welcome to complain about your perception that something is being taken away from you instead of doing anything about it. I have heard other people tell me that complaining makes them feel better.
Last edited by DekeYoungAtlanta on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hylanda

Post by hylanda »

Dear complaints department,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I would have thought that all of these age options (army speed, number of players per faction, guild deletion bonus reset etc.) would be configuration options that are held on the server - they wouldn't be things that are built into the server code.

So, instead of closing the world at the end of age 7, why not give the winning house the ability to start a new age with options of their own choice. To prevent somebody from being a bit stir crazy, may be limit the number of options that could be changed by the number of glory rounds that the house had won.

That way, you would end up with lots of varied worlds, each catering for the whims of the players that play on them. And if they get fed up with the situation then they know just what they can do - hit the button and set up a new age with new options!

Yours sincerely,

A simple village idiot farmer...
dobbles81

Post by dobbles81 »

warlord1799 wrote:Lol im never upset about a video game i just dont like snotty pricks who act like they are better then everyone else simple cause they feel they contributed to the game more then others when u have dont nothing but make a few vids that any normal person should have figured out for themselves.

You speak as if you are the representative for the game worlds and have authority over what goes on. Its not just you i hate everyone who acts like you so dont think i have any personal vendetta towards you or anything like that.

This is a game we should not be looking to make an end game age like this instead why not just have the victories like the rouges want and keep the worlds running for the ones who actually like playing the game.just dont make any new updates for that world. Why is everyone so eager to give up on older servers.

This update is onesided and no one should have the authority to have the option to close worlds.
guess you must not own any mirrors then... cause only person acting like a snotty * in this thread is you.
L0neRanger

Post by L0neRanger »

People simple enjoy farming, this should be respected, as it it respected for you spending hours of your time on the forum etc. which many wouldn't find fun. I doubt anyone will want to, or have the nerve to end a world anyway? Unless it was someone who wanted worlds to be closed, but then again these are people that stay behind after the first ages rather than move onto new ones. I think they are fair changes on the whole, perhaps a little disappointing considering the worlds may potentially end. I think faster building speeds/research should be added in age 6,or even 4/5, to encourage greater activity/inflow of players.
ElectrickSabers

Post by ElectrickSabers »

L0neRanger wrote:People simple enjoy farming, this should be respected, as it it respected for you spending hours of your time on the forum etc. which many wouldn't find fun. I doubt anyone will want to, or have the nerve to end a world anyway? Unless it was someone who wanted worlds to be closed, but then again these are people that stay behind after the first ages rather than move onto new ones. I think they are fair changes on the whole, perhaps a little disappointing considering the worlds may potentially end. I think faster building speeds/research should be added in age 6,or even 4/5, to encourage greater activity/inflow of players.

people who play this game at the highest level (big spenders - people who play every new world) will line up to be the first group to close a world.
ElectrickSabers

Post by ElectrickSabers »

I'll have to see how the tower thing plays out, but I think this is a great update and I want to give firefly credit for what I consider I good decision.
warlord1799

Post by warlord1799 »

Lol i will get over mine when you get over yours
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I will start rebuilding slowly on older worlds now. Going to prepare for this age 6 and final age, as it sounds good. Hopefully I can drag some more people back to these worlds as well.

@ Electirck your right thought he people that carry the game i.e big carders are the ones that will gladly watch worlds end, I guarantee those players that have played from day 1 on a 1 world will barely put anything into the game financially and that's probably part of the reason FF wants to close worlds.

Its unfortunate but its a war game so sitting farming doing quests and achievements in my opinion is not what the game is about that's what Farmville is about and games like that. The player base is starting to spread far to thin and only thing to fix that is closing worlds.

Still though its up to the players to close it so world 1 could go on for ever if they keep control of the towers and don't press the button. If you get reset during final age can you respawn? I am just curious.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I didn't want my last message missed so again can someone confirm if your reset in final age is that you no longer able to respawn. That's pretty impressive though if that's the case. Everyone will be paranoid to death and under perma id.
President Snow

Post by President Snow »

So the rewards for the final age were posted on the wikia and on the homepage... Is there any particular reason why they were originally 20K card points for gold, 10K for silver and 5K for bronze.... Now they are 4-3-2 K respectively... The Tokens have also been nerfed, from 3 100 day to 3 - 30 day...

Please don't release the final age rule set and rewards if they are not in fact final, one sure way to upset players.

To get back to full research and castles on another world I will certainly require more than 4k points :P

http://strongholdkingdoms.gamepedia.com/The_Final_Age - to see the new rewards now as they stand. nerfed.

Return to “News & Client Updates”