It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 The Final Age 

Post Re: The Final Age
AnotherSmith wrote:
With the smaller factions, can the email groups be increased from 40 to 60? Or even better, 100? Communication becomes more critical with the smaller factions, so the need for larger email groups becomes necessary.

Another email feature that would be wonderful would be the ability to add or delete people from the group, without having to re-create the group from scratch, such as with Outlook or any other email system.

In-game communications have always been poor at best. This is one area where FF can dramatically improve the game for the benefit of all players.

W. C. Fields

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:41 am
Profile WWW

Wilksy wrote:
meatball2k wrote:
KILL THE WORLDS - I wouldn't even let them have the choice eventualy with the rate of worlds opening and the player base there will be a handful of people per worlds and the game will be dead.

A good business decision would be to libve up to the rewards of final age and end the world. Let those people play other worlds or other games.

Meatball is correct imo. Much as I hate the idea of losing all the hard earned honour/faith/gold/research/vills etc, many worlds are dying as-is and a shake up is necessary.

However it's not guaranteed that closing old worlds will somehow increase the number of players in a new world

Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:05 pm

True there are no guarantees. However, if FF just keep opening new worlds the player base will just keep diluting further and further.

W. C. Fields

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:25 pm
Profile WWW

Why should the players get punished for killing the worlds when its fireflies own fault for creating more worlds when they could of added every new world they have into the english servers instead of making new servers. They should of stopped making new servers after w9 imo and if they wanted to make something new pick one random world and update it.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:18 am

Imo you guys announced the final victory age to early now there is to much controversy over the situation. This update is not for everyone its for the select few. and 90% if not all the people in this thread probably wont even win the rewards.

Any one player has the capability to end a server now every player from cross worlds will make an account on each world just to close them even thoughs on other servers can create accounts before age 6 ends. This whole update doesn't even make since to me.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:32 am

warlord1799 wrote:
Imo you guys announced the final victory age to early now there is to much controversy over the situation. This update is not for everyone its for the select few. and 90% if not all the people in this thread probably wont even win the rewards.

Any one player has the capability to end a server now every player from cross worlds will make an account on each world just to close them even thoughs on other servers can create accounts before age 6 ends. This whole update doesn't even make since to me.

I will be trying my best to bring people back to old worlds for age 6 in w7 or w5 and finish them off. It totally depends on what's happening in my main world as to how it will work out but I will try my hardest.

And players are not being punished its just the way FF plays the game, I know everyone has different play styles but surely farming constantly and worrying about rogue players is boring as *, no Offence to world 7 players but the best players there now where the whipping boys in age 1. I understand why they worry because if the good players do come back to worlds for end of age war those farmers who have stuck out 3,4 and 5 years of game play will probably lose out. It will create a great end of world battle though, well it would have until FF killed the rewards which would have enticed players to return.

It may also not entice players to come to new worlds by closing olds but what do FF gain from keeping them open... not a lot. They know where the money lies and its in new worlds.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:26 am

Yeah but they could of put the new worlds with the english servers instead of making new worlds just update the old ones

Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:28 pm

warlord1799 wrote:
Yeah but they could of put the new worlds with the english servers instead of making new worlds just update the old ones

They have. The Age updates were FF's way of attempting to provoke people to break their multi-house superpowers and fight each other.

I agree that FF opened far too many new worlds too quickly, however new worlds quickly turn into the massive alliances mentioned above and become stale. The rule changes have not (again imo) been successful in breaking this mindset. FF's options up until now were to attempt to improve old worlds with ruleset changes (which haven't worked) and opening new worlds (which has diluted the player base across many stale worlds).

Something had to give. In-fact many would argue that FF should have created an end game that occurred WITHOUT the say so of 1 x individual whom is the HM of the 'winning' house at the time all the towers are captured. They have hedged their bets by putting the onus on one player in the game world. This is entirely unfair on the individual imo...

EDIT: Spellcheck

W. C. Fields

Last edited by Wilksy on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:13 pm
Profile WWW

I would love to be the man in charge of pressing the button, you also have another 29 people to help you make the decision, If you don't want to push it though and there is people who want to push it I assume you will be hit everywhere. I really think the final age will be very interesting, super speeded armies and with a x4 card in play you could time on anyone on the map quickly. Weapon stashes are there so you should never run out of armies.

Just embrace the change and go with it. I think it sounds pretty impressive, already set back up on w7 for preparation later on.

Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:36 am

meatball2k wrote:
I would love to be the man in charge of pressing the button, you also have another 29 people to help you make the decision, If you don't want to push it though and there is people who want to push it I assume you will be hit everywhere. I really think the final age will be very interesting, super speeded armies and with a x4 card in play you could time on anyone on the map quickly. Weapon stashes are there so you should never run out of armies.

Just embrace the change and go with it. I think it sounds pretty impressive, already set back up on w7 for preparation later on.

I have embraced it and look forward to seeing what happens.

I just wonder how many people whom are actually in the HM position will push the button. By the time a world reaches the final age most of the fighters have moved worlds. So we are left with a collection of players possibly more predisposed to keep the worlds running.

Interesting times ahead.

W. C. Fields

Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next