The Sixth Age

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Wilksy

Re: The Sixth Age

Post by Wilksy »

Kedavra wrote:Why is everybody so eager to delete the old worlds, do they hurt someone? By deleting them or letting them end you are just losing old players, who don't want to start over again from the beginning.
I think Davidspy's first paragraph answers this my friend. I understand why people may not want worlds to end also, but I also understand why the playerbase needs to be more concentrated instead of spread out of numerous empty servers.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

13000rpm wrote:i like this idea the only thing missing is the faith cap it would have made things more interesting as this will bring back alot of older warriors to the server for one final taste of glory which should spice the map up a bit.
The other thing that's missing imo is the ban on individuals taking over parishes and immediately deleting guilds. This seriously requires looking at.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
Xcat

Post by Xcat »

If you want more players to play over the Worlds, lower the price of the cards. i still remember when FF increase the 3x Card for the first time, a lot of players stop buying cards and some left the game.

This is a war game ok, it's a conquer game, but make it for everyone enjoy not only the rich... Few Years ago on W2 i manage to clean Ireland Kerry and Cork on my Own... Do you want me say more? Took me like 1 week or 2, cannot remember well with active guys..

This game become too mutch expensive, if you got money you win, if not forget, do not ever think about win something here.

And this New Age, we can take weaponds and buy over the Markets again? Bags??? LOL I will become rogue and raze everything on the way, will be more fun than make wars, the "normal" ones to play the game as should be. And the speed increased? Even more? That means one 4x card can raze a lot of people in 3 hours, even more than before... I believe only 4 or 5 active guys can care alones one single world lol

If is to make people quit and end the Worlds, then that's the way to follow. I will be one of those, but first i will spend my over 4M Faith's points i got there. Is to end, let's end then.

To be Honest, just reset the Server to the Start everyone will be more happy. Older players will try again for sure..So new players will stay and play. Opening more Worlds is not the key. Reset them for example when they Hit 4 Ages, then start again.. Making those new rules is a waste of players... So we are used to not buy Weaponds and sell from the markets, why return for the first Age? Is not understandable.. Try to make the game more competitive and for everyone, not just for some... This game is 90 % thinking on offensive side, 10% defensive side. But it's just my 2 cents.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

Xcat wrote:If you want more players to play over the Worlds, lower the price of the cards. i still remember when FF increase the 3x Card for the first time, a lot of players stop buying cards and some left the game.
Good idea. Or FF could run more promotions with free cards as the prize. Or more 'x'% off sales.
Xcat wrote:This game become too mutch expensive, if you got money you win, if not forget, do not ever think about win something here.
Though if you do not have money you can still contribute to aid the heavy carders in your house. You can still be part of the winning team irrespective of how much you pay. Though having cards certainly helps for sure!
Xcat wrote:To be Honest, just reset the Server to the Start everyone will be more happy. Older players will try again for sure..So new players will stay and play. Opening more Worlds is not the key. Reset them for example when they Hit 4 Ages, then start again.. Making those new rules is a waste of players... So we are used to not buy Weaponds and sell from the markets, why return for the first Age? Is not understandable.. Try to make the game more competitive and for everyone, not just for some... This game is 90 % thinking on offensive side, 10% defensive side. But it's just my 2 cents.
This is something that could definately be looked at. FF could look at the rulesets from all the ages and make 1 master ruleset which remains throughout. I would imagine that the new age rule sets were imagined as part of a never ending world process. Now that the worlds can actually end, perhaps FF could look at how many ages are required and how many (if any) rule set changes are needed.

Do we need 6 ages prior to the Final Age? Is that too few/too many/just right?

W. C. Fields
Xcat

Post by Xcat »

Wilksy wrote:
Though if you do not have money you can still contribute to aid the heavy carders in your house. You can still be part of the winning team irrespective of how much you pay. Though having cards certainly helps for sure!
That's true yes. But do you preffer having fun with more people and do the work with them, or just let the others win the stuff's for you?

Yes rich will buy more, but the most "poor" will have atleast more chance to fight and defend themself's. Look to the prices of the defensives cards, it's amazing -.- 500 Points for Extra Balistas for example.. You need at least maybe 10 Bucks to buy cards and convert to get that single card.

Those same 10 Bucks will give you like 4 or 5 4x card to attack lol...

You can contribute yes, but it's not the same, but i cannot express my self better because my language it's not english by default.

The only thing i can tell you is, when this game comes for the first time i can almost bet we got the double or triple of players playing, i enjoy my self playing the game, we meet a lot of people around the World. That's fun.. Age 1 is the best Age to play.

Those new Ages is crap, sorry to say this.. Few Bucks you can destroy a house or reset players you do not like.

And now 10 Player per Faction.. It's a joke... But ok, ff decides, people leaves.

I'm out :)
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

Xcat wrote: That's true yes. But do you preffer having fun with more people and do the work with them, or just let the others win the stuff's for you?
I agree it's definately more fun to be able to afford cards etc. I was just stating that it IS possible to contribute without them. :)
Xcat wrote: Yes rich will buy more, but the most "poor" will have atleast more chance to fight and defend themself's. Look to the prices of the defensives cards, it's amazing -.- 500 Points for Extra Balistas for example.. You need at least maybe 10 Bucks to buy cards and convert to get that single card.

Those same 10 Bucks will give you like 4 or 5 4x card to attack lol...
I can only assume that defence cards are more expensive so as to encourage players to attack and stand a chance of capping/razing vills etc vs heavier carders.
Xcat wrote: The only thing i can tell you is, when this game comes for the first time i can almost bet we got the double or triple of players playing, i enjoy my self playing the game, we meet a lot of people around the World. That's fun.. Age 1 is the best Age to play.
I agree Age 1 is definately the best age to play. This is because there's the excitement of a new world with everyone starting at the same level. As a result there are generally a lot more players in the initial stages of new worlds.
Xcat wrote:
And now 10 Player per Faction.. It's a joke... But ok, ff decides, people leaves.

I'm out :)
10 people per faction is a very small number I agree.

W. C. Fields
13000rpm

Post by 13000rpm »

10 per faction is not that small.. there is less than 1000 active in w4 and w5 as of now that means 600 of the 1000 can be housed if you looked at the houses last age in w4 7 were empty. that was 420 spaces that were not used so to say its 2 small is wrong.. maybe when it comes to euro1 and global they can change it t stay at 20 but for these worlds that are hitting age 6 it is perfectly acceptable
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

13000rpm wrote:10 per faction is not that small.. there is less than 1000 active in w4 and w5 as of now that means 600 of the 1000 can be housed if you looked at the houses last age in w4 7 were empty. that was 420 spaces that were not used so to say its 2 small is wrong.. maybe when it comes to euro1 and global they can change it t stay at 20 but for these worlds that are hitting age 6 it is perfectly acceptable
Yep the player base is massively diminshed by the time we reach the faction size of 10. Not a major issue as most worlds are dead by this time. however, if there was a more active world this would be a pain in the a*s.

Incidentally where do people find out the active player numbers for their worlds?

W. C. Fields
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Wilksy wrote:
13000rpm wrote: Incidentally where do people find out the active player numbers for their worlds?
My method is to go to the leaderboard and sort for village counts. How many players have 2 or more villages?

As of today UK-4 has 478 players with 2 or more villages. There are 1,081-478= 603 players with only 1 village and I consider them more of a spectator than participant.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:
Wilksy wrote:
13000rpm wrote: Incidentally where do people find out the active player numbers for their worlds?
My method is to go to the leaderboard and sort for village counts. How many players have 2 or more villages?

As of today UK-4 has 478 players with 2 or more villages. There are 1,081-478= 603 players with only 1 village and I consider them more of a spectator than participant.
Good call mate thank you.

W. C. Fields

Return to “News & Client Updates”