The Sixth Age

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Alacrity

Re: The Sixth Age

Post by Lord Alacrity »

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:
Wilksy wrote:
13000rpm wrote: Incidentally where do people find out the active player numbers for their worlds?
My method is to go to the leaderboard and sort for village counts. How many players have 2 or more villages?

As of today UK-4 has 478 players with 2 or more villages. There are 1,081-478= 603 players with only 1 village and I consider them more of a spectator than participant.
I go by this as well. (Or just wait for Deke to post the numbers. ;) )
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

:D
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:
Wilksy wrote:
13000rpm wrote: Incidentally where do people find out the active player numbers for their worlds?
My method is to go to the leaderboard and sort for village counts. How many players have 2 or more villages?

As of today UK-4 has 478 players with 2 or more villages. There are 1,081-478= 603 players with only 1 village and I consider them more of a spectator than participant.
And UK 3 has 530 players with 2 vills or more out of 970 players.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
dobbles81

Post by dobbles81 »

I think the age 6 rules are pretty decent. I think people often expect way too much from ageset changes (like new units or totally new game mechanics) so there is disappointment by many. But to me these are solid tweaks that will improve gameplay.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Love age 6 rules.

Fat farmers will be devestated only 30 people can win the age. Thats awesome. Lets see how these super alliances play out. Dont cave in and allow more factions per house.

You may find people come back to the world if you can scout weapons and make gold quickly. Be nice to have x3 merchants. Watch those farmers get wrecked.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

meatball2k wrote:Love age 6 rules.

Fat farmers will be devestated only 30 people can win the age. Thats awesome. Lets see how these super alliances play out. Dont cave in and allow more factions per house.

You may find people come back to the world if you can scout weapons and make gold quickly. Be nice to have x3 merchants. Watch those farmers get wrecked.
It will be interesting to see if in-fighting occurs.

W. C. Fields
delta2k17

Post by delta2k17 »

I think think if they are going to delete 5 year old + worlds, which according to the stats, W1 is still one of the most active worlds. We should atleast be able to keep our research and rank on new worlds or have another world which combines all the dead worlds where we keep our ranks and such, I dont want to speak for anyone, but I can almost gurantee that 80% + of W1 who solely play W1 will quit shk if W1 will shut down. However, I am all for a final map, looks fun to me
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

delta2k17 wrote:I think think if they are going to delete 5 year old + worlds, which according to the stats, W1 is still one of the most active worlds. We should atleast be able to keep our research and rank on new worlds or have another world which combines all the dead worlds where we keep our ranks and such, I dont want to speak for anyone, but I can almost gurantee that 80% + of W1 who solely play W1 will quit shk if W1 will shut down. However, I am all for a final map, looks fun to me
If 80% quit world 1 when it dies I look forward to seeing the 20% play on new worlds, I have seen a few of them over the years and always heard big things about the original world 1 players but to be honest always been disappointed by them.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

delta2k17 wrote:I think think if they are going to delete 5 year old + worlds, which according to the stats, W1 is still one of the most active worlds. We should atleast be able to keep our research and rank on new worlds or have another world which combines all the dead worlds where we keep our ranks and such, I dont want to speak for anyone, but I can almost gurantee that 80% + of W1 who solely play W1 will quit shk if W1 will shut down. However, I am all for a final map, looks fun to me
That may be an idea. 1 permenant world only which stays in Age 1. People could transit there once the Final Age is complete - should the button be pushed.

W. C. Fields
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

If nothing else the 6th Age / Final Age ruleset is having an impact. UK-4 server went from 1,081 players total to 1,802 players in just 2 days. That is +721 players and a 66% increase.

There are now an amazing 565 players with 1 village. That is 31% of the total player base.

Now let's see how long these new players stay on UK-4

Return to “News & Client Updates”