It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz! 

Post Re: Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!
y me gustaria tener mi castillo en una montaña ya que seria mas dificil llegar para los enemigos por la inclinacion de sus armas les seria mas dificil apuntar con sus catapultas o llevarlas por la subida de la montañas .

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:16 pm

If I look at real castles, then it is important to have less sides to defend. So if you e.g. build a castle at a waterfront then the enemy cannot attack from the water because (as already said) only Jesus is able to walk on water. However, the underlying assumption is that the enemy does not own boats.
For the same reason castles are built on high mountains. There is a path up to the castle but no other possibility to attack. What the attackers normally did was to build ramps.

Another aspect is the ability to defend the castle. Castles on the mountain have the advantage that shooting down has a wider range than shooting up a mountain and a better sight. Hence, the defender can fire arrows before the attacker can. However, the drawback normally is that it is hard to get water there since water flows down. Sometimes you find deep wells but they are costly to build.
For a castle at the waterfront the water is not the problem. The problem is rather the defence. The defender has less advantages compared to the attacker.

If I have to choose between the two castle design, I would prefer the mountain.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:35 pm

I would choose a flatter terrain because that way I can make layered walls with moats between them, slowing enemy attacks and add a bit of art work and engineering to the castle's design.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:38 pm

I do prefer the moat . so the catapults will be extreamly useless and maybe helping me by targeting the enemie's pikemen . with some archers around the castle who target the ones who 're trying to dig . and i'm thinking to max the guild of sharks so no one can dig anymore :D

Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:43 pm

Mountain cuz it has high natural defence potential and harder to get for enemies

Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:46 pm

That's a hard one. I might rather build on something in bewtween but I'll go with a mountain because defense is the highest priority and a moat isn't the greatest defense. a mountain top is really the ultimate defensive location.

I guess either way could work. E.G. if you built a castle on an island in the middle of the lake, sorta like having a humongous moat, that could maybe work just as well. I still personally would do mine on a mountain top... better view.

A mountain isn't as practical for daily basis and if you could get away with it a flat area would be a lot more enjoyable but again, defense is the highest priority so that's why I had to go with mountain

Last edited by nr1stunner on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:21 am

I would build my castle on a mountain. More defendable of a castle, and plenty of access to iron ore for producing weapons and armour. Less room for infrastructure, but still enough for the essentials.

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:59 am

Lady Magnanimus wrote:
Happy Birthday Stronghold Kingdoms!

We're celebrating the 5th anniversary of Stronghold Kingdoms with daily chances for you to win valuable card pack bundles! Additionally to various competitions on our Facebook page, we'll post a daily question for you to answer as expertly as possible right here in the forum - for the next five days!

Once we post our question, you will have 24 hours to submit your answer by replying to the question thread. Each day, five of the most knowledgeable, witty and creative answers will be selected and awarded with card packs!

Are you ready?

Question of the day (Friday): Would you rather build your castle on a mountain or an area of flat terrain surrounded by a moat? Why?

Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:09 am

Mountain, because.

Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:20 am

moat ( flat terraini), its more unlikely to get hit by a lightning

Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next