Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lady Magnanimus

Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!

Post by Lady Magnanimus »

Happy Birthday Stronghold Kingdoms!

We're celebrating the 5th anniversary of Stronghold Kingdoms with daily chances for you to win valuable card pack bundles! Additionally to various competitions on our Facebook page, we'll post a daily question for you to answer as expertly as possible right here in the forum - for the next five days!

Once we post our question, you will have 24 hours to submit your answer by replying to the question thread. Each day, five of the most knowledgeable, witty and creative answers will be selected and awarded with card packs!

Are you ready?

Question of the day (Sunday): If you were to prepare your army for a siege which weapons would you give them? Choose two main weapons and explain your choice.
Lord-Venee

Re: Kingdoms Anniversary - Daily Quiz!

Post by Lord-Venee »

Swords with shields cuz my soldiers will make formation and protect them from enemy archers.
Long Bows - to can hit hard and precise the enemy soldiers from long distance :)
I'm number one,two is not a winner and three nobody remembers...
Archangel_112

Post by Archangel_112 »

Good Morning Sire.

As first I would give them a spade. With a spade you are able to dig. I never seen Battering Rams or even Catapults going over moat.

Next it is necessary to have enough wolves on youre side. When the wolves attacks - the enemy run away. If they have meat - the wolves are useless. Go back and dig.

Thats it.

Good luck my Lord.
Lady Sandorinka

Post by Lady Sandorinka »

I will use Bows to can provide cover for my soldiers and kill big amount of troops over the enemy castle walls. Other main wepon will be sword and shields cuz the soldiers can use theirs shilds for protections and smash enemy soldiers with pushing :)
GRAMION

Post by GRAMION »

I would give them ladders so they can climb up the wall and also shields and swords so they can kill the enemy
Jsax09

Post by Jsax09 »

Bows and swords of course.
Bows because you have to keep enemy archers protecting themselves rather than shooting your guys. And swords for the actual fighting. But long swords are less helpful in tight quarters, so short swords are better.
Ragnar Ragnarsson

Post by Ragnar Ragnarsson »

I would give the men Catapults and Sword.

Catapults to remove any barriers preventing the Pike from assailing the keep.

Sword to form a wall against any defending melee troops using their shields for protection from arrows.
GriffMaster

Post by GriffMaster »

A siege can take place in many scenarios. Climbing ladders onto the battlements, close quarter combat in corridors, and long range combat onto the enemy in the towers. Therefore the two weapons that are to be chosen must cover as many aspects of siege combat as possible.

The best weapon of medieval times would be the pike. It was a combination of the spear - a powerful thrusting weapon, and the axe - a powerful slashing weapon. So armed with a pike the user could slash and stab the enemy with effectiveness. Being heavy and strong it would be difficult to parry it's slash but also with it's spear attributes it would also be hard to dodge if it was stabbed at the enemy. It's strength was also a weakness, as once the enemy had knocked or dodged past the pole end the user - having no shield, would be vulnerable to attacks by a quicker lighter weapon. This is why pikes were usually grouped together in formations, making a virtually impossible multi-layered wall of pikes to defeat.

However pikes were heavy, bulky and not as effective on narrow battlements and alleyways as they work best in numbers and formation. This means that it would have been rarely used by the attackers as they would have to climb ladders, dig tunnels, tread over broken walls, and not to mention avoid getting shot by the garrison archers. Therefore the ideal weapons of choice would have to be light enough to make the troop fast and flexible enough to do the things previously mentioned but strong and deadly enough so that once he gets to the enemy he can then kill them as effectively as possible.

For those troops attacking the gate and the streets beyond it I would have them choose a shield. A shield would help protect the troop by blocking or deflecting projectiles launched by the enemy as he made his way towards the walls/gate. It would also give the troop a distinct advantage in close quarter combat as you can block instead of parrying the attack, which frees your weapon to strike as you block the enemies weapon.

The second weapon I would choose would be the sword on it's own. These would be for troops attacking the walls. Shields are usually very heavy so dragging them up a ladder is hard work and at the top do you think the enemy is going to let you have time to put the shield back on your arm off your back. Therefore the shield, although it would protect you from the enemy archers once you reach the walls, would not help getting up and on the battlements.

Regards GriffMaster
master_crinas

Post by master_crinas »

two apples each and a cheese, , with poison in it lol. invite the enemy to for lunch
warlord1799

Post by warlord1799 »

bows and catapults i would put the archers in the back and have the catapult surround the castle and let the catapults destroy everything then the archers would come in and pick off the weak enemy units.

Return to “News & Client Updates”