The Fifth Age!

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Alacrity

The Fifth Age!

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Greetings Sire! It is good to see you have made it through the trials of the Fourth Age and ready to face the challenges that the Fifth Age brings! Hopefully you have brought many loyal friends and staunch allies along with you in to this new era as well, for you will need them if you are to succeed!

Core to the Fifth Age is the new rule set, which is now in effect.

1. Military Schools can be upgraded to level 5.
2. Treasure Castles are twice as likely to appear.
3. All factions and houses have been disbanded.
4. All capital forums and walls have been cleared.
5. Only members of a House can be candidates for County election.
6. To be eligible for the office of sheriff, a candidate must belong to a House which controls at least 30% of the parishes in the county.
7. Glory gained overall is increased by one-third.
8. Large Houses gain Glory more slowly than small Houses. A House with 60 members will gain one-third the amount of Glory that would be normally gained.

As you can see Sire, you will need to maneuver skillfully in this new political arena and spread your villages and influence all over the realm in order to assure victory for you and your chosen comrades in arms.

Good Luck!
Morodin88

Re: The Fifth Age!

Post by Morodin88 »

Lord Alacrity wrote:

6. To be eligible for the office of sheriff, a candidate must belong to a House which controls at least 30% of the parishes in the county.

8. Large Houses gain Glory more slowly than small Houses. A House with 60 members will gain one-third the amount of Glory that would be normally gained.[/b]

Good Luck!
These should be rules for all ages not just 5th age... Like seriously make them core to all ages it will stop what happened in world 9 and will stop super alliances being as effective.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

I think it was mostly an attempt to lower the power of rogue players that they cannot own a county but that won't stop them from taking over parishes they just won't be able to flip them anymore.
Fatal

Post by Fatal »

Morodin88 wrote:
Lord Alacrity wrote:

8. Large Houses gain Glory more slowly than small Houses. A House with 60 members will gain one-third the amount of Glory that would be normally gained.[/b]

Good Luck!
These should be rules for all ages not just 5th age... Like seriously make them core to all ages it will stop what happened in world 9 and will stop super alliances being as effective.
Yeah, no particular changes to gameplay, only minor changes in glory/politics aspect that should be done to all ages actually. Too bad, I believe everyone expected more.
Left you 7.05.2014

Unbreakable feral spirit
Lord Klein

Post by Lord Klein »

Considering the speed of so many other units have been increased you really should increase the speed of traders. 2x capacity and 2-3x speed increase would really make a tremendous difference and would make the game much more dynamic and interesting.

Also you should again allow weapon trade in parish markets. There is really no point in disabling the weapon trading. Maybe it makes life bit more difficult for invaders in war, but really it doesn't change anything...
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

7. Glory gained overall is increased by one-third.
8. Large Houses gain Glory more slowly than small Houses. A House with 60 members will gain one-third the amount of Glory that would be normally gained.

As House 14 has 58 players it will actually gain glory at a marginally faster rate in 5th age than 4th age.

4th Age was announces on 6 March 2014 and ended after 10 months. At this rate the 5th Age will end before November 2015 and we will be having the same discussion.

Deke

And As level 3 Military schools sucked resources and had little effect I am not going to waste the time to rebuild them (I actually deleted my Military Schools months ago.)
TheProScout

Post by TheProScout »

point 9: Replace the Traders map filter with an Monkers Map Filter !!!!!! Huuray !!!

o wait that isnt actually a point on their agenda? DARN

"We will spend our lives fighting to secure this Imperium,
and then I fear we will spend the rest of our days fighting to keep it intact...
In the far future, there will be only war."
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

this is cack. you guys are just being even lazier now. where is this feed back that gave you all these "ideas" for a 5th age rule set? who suggested any of this?

"1. Military Schools can be upgraded to level 5."

OK, what else are we supposed to do? no new village slots, nothing else to upgrade, nothing to spend the thousands of flags pilling up all around the world. did you guys actually think this through at all?

"2. Treasure Castles are twice as likely to appear."

this is needed in all ages, as paladin castles also need an increase (more than treasure castles). calling this a 5th age mechanic is just a joke.

"5. Only members of a House can be candidates for County election.
6. To be eligible for the office of sheriff, a candidate must belong to a House which controls at least 30% of the parishes in the county."

this is halfway interesting. it causes contention and i've no doubt it stems from all the newbie farmer griping about "why cant we vote for ourselves in the county when we hold the majority of parishs1?!?!?". you do realize however, this is just going to lead to land being taken away from weaker players...right?

"7. Glory gained overall is increased by one-third.
8. Large Houses gain Glory more slowly than small Houses. A House with 60 members will gain one-third the amount of Glory that would be normally gained."

right... this has to be designed to confuse everyone...rofl. makes it sound like the fastest way to finish this placeholder age is to pile all the land holders with 40 villages in a one or two faction house, then right before the age ends fill the remaining house slots with key support personnel.

what i get out of this "5th age update", is you guys were busy pumping the neighbors cat and players finished the 4th age before you were ready. so the security guard came up with this while you were all slurping eggnog over yule break.

you guys really need to do something. yer vets are bored. quests are done, achievements still need to be added too already, and actual CONTENT needs to be added to the game. note i said "content", this doesnt mean new cards, it means new things to do in existing worlds.
lahll

Post by lahll »

I have to agree, I was expecting more.
zamax

Post by zamax »

i do not in any way agree with any of theses updates for the 5th age , FF you just have made a waste land of world 4 worst , why would anyone want to come to world 4 with theses new rules , where no one out side a house has a chance to own a county, there our ppl that can hold a house marshal spot and not let anyone in a house and tie it up till it falls out of goly round and keep others form taking over lands by keeping them form joining a house by locking the other houses down and keeping them emty , FF has just caused a unbalace of power , there will be no fair game play on world 4 cause of this

Return to “News & Client Updates”