The Fifth Age!

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Kannibus

Re: The Fifth Age!

Post by Kannibus »

Lord Alacrity wrote:
5. Only members of a House can be candidates for County election.

6. To be eligible for the office of sheriff, a candidate must belong to a House which controls at least 30% of the parishes in the county.

8. Large Houses gain Glory more slowly than small Houses. A House with 60 members will gain one-third the amount of Glory that would be normally gained.
For 5 and 6 that means that you lose your county right as you leave a house or drop under 30% county control correct? (Including if one of your own house members who own parishes drop faction)

For 8: please tell me that scales right? It's not a flat factor of '60 members = 30% glory' right? It better be '50 members = less glory than a house with 40'

I expected more, but I don't know why. The bar was pretty low, oh well, servers are dead well before 3rd age anyway.
Ecn3rwal

Post by Ecn3rwal »

Kannibus wrote:
Lord Alacrity wrote:

6. To be eligible for the office of sheriff, a candidate must belong to a House which controls at least 30% of the parishes in the county.

8. Large Houses gain Glory more slowly than small Houses. A House with 60 members will gain one-third the amount of Glory that would be normally gained.
For 5 and 6 that means that you lose your county right as you leave a house or drop under 30% county control correct? (Including if one of your own house members who own parishes drop faction)

For 8: please tell me that scales right? It's not a flat factor of '60 members = 30% glory' right? It better be '50 members = less glory than a house with 40'

I expected more, but I don't know why. The bar was pretty low, oh well, servers are dead well before 3rd age anyway.

cheaters' opnion worth *
ijuicy_rabbit

Post by ijuicy_rabbit »

Disappointing...still nothing put in place to prevent players spawning in parishes flipping the parish and deleting the castle and parish buildings instantly. I figured with the increase levels to Military schools measures would be put in place to prevent casual, unskilled players from instantly deleting the +40 day it takes to build a castle and the thousands of weapons a Military school takes to max.

It would be interesting to see something along these lines put in place in the 5th age: When a new steward is elected he cannot delete the castle for "x" amount of days. Furthermore, parish building that are maxed would have a time it take to delete similar to those seen within villages, except a maxed out building would take much longer to delete (maybe like 1 day) than a level 1 parish building. Of course these times would increase all the way up until the building is maxed. This would give player an even greater reason to work on their parishes and would give the player and advantage in addition to the direct affects of the buildings, because their work they invested would actually make it harder to be erased.

Just a thought
nomatophobia

Post by nomatophobia »

'quests are done, achievements still need to be added too already, and actual CONTENT needs to be added to the game. note i said "content", this doesnt mean new cards, it means new things to do in existing worlds'

+1

also rule change number six is ridiculous unless you add in that you are allowed to attack faction members in age 5, otherwise you will have counties having votes reset everytime a sheriff needs to hand a villa to another sheriff and every time you need to counter raze/cap
Lord Darko900

Post by Lord Darko900 »

Lord Alacrity wrote:
Really disappointed about this new rules except this 2 no.6 and 8 are good

and what about prizes what will 4th age winners get ??
Yoooooooooo
President Snow

Post by President Snow »

I would quite like to know whether or not it is 30% of occupied parishes or 30% of the total parishes regardless of occupancy. Also Might I presume that once you have that 30% majority to obtain a county seat, that you would not loose it if you drop below that 30% threshold? It kind of makes monking at county level a waste of time and monking a joke in general if players can just spend a few 100 faith monking a player out of parishes so that the house is underneath the 30% threshold for holding a parish :)

I personally wished it had been more focused on the trolls. They ruin game play for everyone not just the dominant houses. They historically have captured folks from any house and regardless of whether or not they were neutral. Something as simple as no influence votes/excommunication on peacetime would probably be enough to stop them or at least slow them down. And if they did wish to use those features they would have to drop peace and manually ID themselves for the same protection. I guess they would then wait for the majority of peace to run out, but at least we could all take precautions such as deleting a statue to prevent further deletion or by moving parish gold away ect.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Please announce the World 4 conversion date to the 5th age.

Deke
President Snow

Post by President Snow »

@deke You could expect it to be on Thursday? Thats when they usually carry out updates so I was hedging my bets it would be then, could be wrong of course!
Lord Darko900

Post by Lord Darko900 »

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:Please announce the World 4 conversion date to the 5th age.

Deke
This was on the client

World 4 – Age 5 – Downtime

World 4 will be offline for one hour on Thursday (15/01/15) at 11am Gametime/GMT for an Age 5 update.
Yoooooooooo
YouGotStabbed

Post by YouGotStabbed »

Lord Alacrity wrote:

Greetings Sire! It is good to see you have made it through the trials of the Fourth Age and ready to face the challenges that the Fifth Age brings! Hopefully you have brought many loyal friends and staunch allies along with you in to this new era as well, for you will need them if you are to succeed!

Core to the Fifth Age is the new rule set, which is now in effect.

1. Military Schools can be upgraded to level 5.
2. Treasure Castles are twice as likely to appear.
3. All factions and houses have been disbanded.
4. All capital forums and walls have been cleared.
7. Glory gained overall is increased by one-third.

As you can see Sire, you will need to maneuver skillfully in this new political arena and spread your villages and influence all over the realm in order to assure victory for you and your chosen comrades in arms.

Good Luck!
I've seen several sheriffs that were not in a house. Is this an error or was the rule changed?

Return to “News & Client Updates”