November Update Notes

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Player02082013

Re: November Update Notes

Post by Player02082013 »

This card is highly effective with multis. If you are in Age 4 and have like 24 villages, you could have like 20 ID'd for 10's of days, and have the villages spare for jumping, or have the ones that time with your vassals best under normal ID you can stay afloat. Meanwhile players without multis that don't card heavy are burning fps at a normal rate, and can lose because someone is cheating (I don't care about paying extra money, fair play to them).

I dunno, I always thought that ID was supposed to be the thing that balanced f2w and p2w.
narnar

Post by narnar »

20 villages with 10 days ID is still about 200k FP. After 100 days you're going to be out of the FP that way. Sure that is twice as long but it is still not the best way of spending FP.

A lot of people can be on 16h a day(or at least check in every hour or so when they are awake) just spending 8h ID when you sleep is still less than what it would cost to sit on ID all day long.
metroman

Post by metroman »

All I see are people complaining about cards....after the update now I can't delete any Castle structures.
Kannibus

Post by Kannibus »

If the previous code wasn't written by a college freshman then this update was easily slapped together at less than 5-10 min/card (as far as coding). The instant building cards are probably the most difficult, but other cards like it already exist so still not that bad.

Thinking of the cards and having an artist draw them up are without a doubt the greatest time factors, but still far less than an 8 hour shift for one person to do all of it. People still playing should just accept that improvements aren't coming.

FireFly isn't Riot (League), Mojang (Minecraft), or Squad (Kerbal), they're Sauropod (Castle Story). They have a wonderful idea for a game, but don't have a passion or care to improve or finish it. People have flat out given up on getting the Castle Story game they were promised, even those who fully paid for it. If Firefly cared about the game they would have at least 1 full time programmer working on it, and we'd see drastic improvements, or at least bug fixes. They have a significantly larger budget than Squad, but Squad is actually a team dedicated to the game. That's why in the last 2 years Kerbal Space Program has improved by leaps and bounds, while SHK has had some font changes and money making cards/servers added.

There's Riot's freemium, then there's Zynga's freemium. Personally, I'd rather play a game that is so fun I want to pay the devs, than play a game that's so boring and broken I feel required to pay the devs (or just flat out cheat) for it to be fun.
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

Kannibus wrote: Personally, I'd rather play a game that is so fun I want to pay the devs, than play a game that's so boring and broken I feel required to pay the devs (or just flat out cheat) for it to be fun.
Honestly, why you guys hang around is beyond my comprehension. Just move along to those other games you say are so much better. But more than likely I will read another troll post like this from you next week or from one of the other frequent weekly game quitters (that seem to never go away)
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Greygamer

Post by Greygamer »

Priest Guardian wrote:
Kannibus wrote: Personally, I'd rather play a game that is so fun I want to pay the devs, than play a game that's so boring and broken I feel required to pay the devs (or just flat out cheat) for it to be fun.
Honestly, why you guys hang around is beyond my comprehension. Just move along to those other games you say are so much better. But more than likely I will read another troll post like this from you next week or from one of the other frequent weekly game quitters (that seem to never go away)
It's because they are optimists, apparently ;)
Azrile

Post by Azrile »

Yep, I quit playing last month when I saw how easily and quickly carders were able to build a complete castles. I guess I was naive up until that point and never experienced it first hand.

But it really shows just how P2W this game really is when a player can do in 4 minutes what takes a f2p player 4 weeks. That is just too far outside the norm. The other thing it does is really takes away any incentive to buy cards occasionally. If you make a purchase or two per month, you still are not going to be able to compete at all against people who can build castles in 4 minutes and then card-protect them against 9 simultaneous attacks.

Now a monthly ´update´ adds nothing but more cards to help defend those 4-min castles?
WRP_Beater

Post by WRP_Beater »

If you quit the game for good, why are you still here? It's not like it's breaking news that carders can build castles in a few minutes.
Regards,
WRP_Beater
king of Bulldogs

Post by king of Bulldogs »

Yeah honestly guys this is nothing new heavy carders can always build up there castles quickly

I would like to see some more things done then adding new cards but a update is a update I will take it and enjoy it for what it is worth :D
WRP_Beater wrote:If you quit the game for good, why are you still here? It's not like it's breaking news that carders can build castles in a few minutes.
Exactly
PB_IMMUN

Post by PB_IMMUN »

Изменять правила игры во время игры - не честно. Вы отдаете преимущество игрокам, которые прокачали свои аккаунты вместо того, чтобы играть на славу дома. Слава дома - это не главная цель игры? Я тоже мог взять много выгод от квестов, но пожертвовал их в дом в виде славы. Если вы 27 ноября введете изменения по славе, я никогда больше в вашу игру играть не буду. И нас много. Если не будет серьезного противника, то и доната тоже не будет. МЫ, русские, уходим. Играйте сами

Return to “News & Client Updates”