Second Age Clarification

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Alacrity

Second Age Clarification

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We have heard various player concerns about the second age and would like to address some points to clarify the situation for all players.

The second age will begin on a world only once there is one remaining house in the glory race.

The second age is beginning ONLY on Mir 1 at the current time.

The game worlds will NOT be shut down upon completion of the second age.

Once the second age is finished on a specific game world, that game world will close ONLY to new players.

If the number of active players on a second age game world drops to a very low level, we may consider ending that game world.

Crowns, cards, and accounts are in NO way effected by the second age beginning on a game world.
TheProScout

Re: Second Age Clarification

Post by TheProScout »

One of my biggest concern is, that for the past 2 years, i have been accumilating flags, i have not stolen any.
Been building Alot of statues with them, to boost my honor production in my parishes, in total i builded over 100, divided over 5 parishes.

That is gonna be Wiped away with the start of the 2nd Age.... WHY???? Loosing my parishes i have lived in for 2 years is for me just as hard as loosing all my other stuff i payed for.

RESETTING ALL THE GUILDS, Fine. BUT DONT DELETE ALL MY HARD EARNED STATUES !!!!!

"We will spend our lives fighting to secure this Imperium,
and then I fear we will spend the rest of our days fighting to keep it intact...
In the far future, there will be only war."
zuen030

Post by zuen030 »

Why got the feedback threat locked? Want us to just accept this ? No new players?? Lool
jigetuzz

Post by jigetuzz »

This is pretty lame, i was actually going to make a post why i supported the idea of gameworlds closing after second age finishes. oh well, guess money (in that case the money of the many players who threatened to quit would ff close the gameworlds) is always in the right :)
compgallery

Post by compgallery »

I’ve thought about the 2nd age changes and post 2nd age over the weekend and have a few comments.
I’ve been playing this game (World 1) for a couple of years now and have invested a huge amount of time and money. Honestly I have NEVER put this kind of time and money to any game before so I have a vested interested in these changes. The game is simply great. There are so many different ways to play.

To me ANY kind of change, that causes me to go back and redo something I’ve already done is ridiculous. It is analogous to working on a word or excel document, getting it all the way done and then the computer crashes and I loose all my work and have to do it all over again. What kind of sense does that make? I’m all for adding new feature. But things like resetting of parishes (for example) are such a downer. I have invested a lot of my own resources into upgrading each of my parishes. I have spent time in re-configuring them to be better defended and I’ve done all the upgrades to enhance parish villages. Now with 2nd age I have to start from scratch doing things that I’ve already done. It is just tedious busy work. There is no new challenge in that and nothing to be learned.

Give me new features FF. Don’t make me spend useless hours to go back and redo things I’ve already done once. I really hate that.

And now I read that your going to just close the world and end of 2nd age to new players. Is that the best you can do to address all the user complaints of shutting it down like you originally said. It is the same thing, will just take a little longer.

The end game is to be to transition to a different world where EVERYTHING will be reset for the player. I play all this time, spend all this money and my big reward is I eventually get to start all over and do it all again. Really? I don’t think so. If I have to transition to a different world than everything I have should come with me (Villages, resources, gold, research…. Everything.)

Right now I’m really really discouraged with all of this . What is point to 2nd age. A race to the end of the world? The only winner is FF
metroman

Post by metroman »

It seems only here, everyone is upset, for all in the game I talk to are looking forward to the changes..that's also why all Wars for the most part have been called off, to just get this final Glory Round to end.
Kedavra

Post by Kedavra »

SooB wrote:
metroman wrote:It seems only here, everyone is upset, for all in the game I talk to are looking forward to the changes..that's also why all Wars for the most part have been called off, to just get this final Glory Round to end.
strange that you say that because everyone I talk to in the threads I'm in thinks the exact opposite.
I agree with you SooB.
Bretth

Post by Bretth »

Haspilius wrote:If the world is locked for new players it is inevitable at some point there is less/ too little activity and the world is taken offline.

There is an apparent inability on the part of FF to keep alive the interest in the game, or to awaken it for newcomers in a creative way. I have to say this is very unprofessional and disappointing in some ways.

If it continues like this SHK is probably history in the foreseeable future. Too bad.
Totally agree with this....... Why not just do it like Ogame's, keep the old servers but introduce new servers with new game mechanics and new experiences.

I will not start again on a new world once my main world that I have worked on for over 2 years is reset and I am sure I am not alone...... Just all seems so pointless now. We where always lead to believe that the worlds would not be reset/closed....... then we where told they would be closed...... then today we are told we are 'confused' and they will not be closed but just to new players and the world will be permanently closed when you deem the population to be to low, basicly when ever you feel like it.... This leaves a bad taste in veteran players mouths and I am sure your crown sales will plummet now as there is no point if the world will end.
Kedavra wrote:
SooB wrote:
metroman wrote:It seems only here, everyone is upset, for all in the game I talk to are looking forward to the changes..that's also why all Wars for the most part have been called off, to just get this final Glory Round to end.
strange that you say that because everyone I talk to in the threads I'm in thinks the exact opposite.
I agree with you SooB.
I agree with you as well SooB...... You should see the panic in the in game chat.... All the flip flopping and vague answers from FF do not help at all, but mostly there is just frustration and disbelief.
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

Mir 1 is the Russian World 1 Lord Darren.
PrinceofPiedmont

Post by PrinceofPiedmont »

I think what most people want is one glory race rules set that reset over and over in any given world and that is it. No rule changes, no closing worlds to new players.. when a glory game ends, reset the factions and houses if you want and start over. Yes we know the winning house will be in a position of power to start new glory race, but that is ok. Just let it go on and on.

Return to “News & Client Updates”