Update Notes - 2.0.2.1 - 12/12/12

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
CaptSkubba

Update Notes - 2.0.2.1 - 12/12/12

Post by CaptSkubba »

Firefly Studios wrote:Released: 12/12/2012
Version Number: 2.0.2.1
Appr. Size: 21.39MB
Update Content

New Features
  • Vacation Mode - A new feature of Stronghold Kingdoms™ designed for players going on a vacation or holiday when they will be without access to their Kingdoms account. By entering this mode, players are protected from player and AI attacks during the ''Vacation Mode'' time period. However, players cannot access their account until the ''Vacation Mode'' time period has elapsed. More information available on the Stronghold Kingdoms Wiki.
  • Advent calendar - The new Kingdoms advent calendar gives players two chances per day to win a prize during the Christmas and New Year period, ending 2nd January 2013. Simply click on one of the nine boxes when logging into the game client for your chance to win a prize. If you find nothing behind the door on your first attempt you will have one more try that day, until the calendar resets for the next day of the competition.
  • Seasonal FX - A falling snow animation, areas of snow on the map and snow-capped trees have been added for the Christmas period, ending 2nd January 2013. These seasonal effects can be switched off/on in the Settings menu under Audio/Visual. To do this simply uncheck the Show Seasonal FX tick box. Please note that these changes require a client restart to fully take effect.
  • Help Links - Various game screens now have a "?" icon. These have been implemented to provide new players with a link to the Stronghold Kingdoms Wiki. for help in that area of the game and extra guidance.
Rypcord

Re: Update Notes - 12/12/12

Post by Rypcord »

I can really foresee this vacation mode getting abused.
Sire Uzbek

Post by Sire Uzbek »

This game is getting more and more casual ;) Vacation Mode? Really?
arwdab

Post by arwdab »

What happens with my troops if my vassal goes into vacation mode?
Can I attack with my troops?
Will attacks from my vassal I already have sent but not landed yet get canceled when he goes into vacation mode?
Jon T

Post by Jon T »

You set the vacation time period, you cant use your troops or others use theirs to attack you. I am not sure if your FP, honour and resources keep increasing during the vacation period?
perky1958

Post by perky1958 »

The vacation mode would have been great in July this year as we were on holiday in Scotland and only managed to get on line a couple of times while we were there just to have the protection from AI attacks, if player attacks happen then its all part of a war game. On the overhand I can also see it getting abused in ways of people hiding behind it during war time, they can lay their castle down and the repairs carry on for however long they have used the holiday mode for, put auto recruit on and they come back to a full army.
Jamman14

Post by Jamman14 »

Will the snow be a weather condition like the rain and sun, also what happens to the holiday mode is there a prevention system from using it back 2 back?
WilliamTurner

Post by WilliamTurner »

From what I remember of the vacation mode discussion a long time ago their is a limit to how many times you can use vacation mode to prevent people from abusing it.
Awesome players do make mistakes... They just learn from them.
Sir Maligma

Post by Sir Maligma »

My understanding is that it is like getting banned, but by your choice. There will be no honor or FP increase. Once you select an amount of time, you can not play the game till the time ends.
Rypcord

Post by Rypcord »

According to the Wiki:

* You must have a 7-day or 30-day premium token in play
* All attacks offensively sent by the vacationer are immediately cancelled when vacation mode activated
* You can only do it twice per year

I still am not a huge fan of this idea. I can see someone grabbing 3-4 villages from a major house, and then going on 15-day vacation, and having a buddy ID him super-huge right before his 15-day vacation ends so he comes back to another 3-4 days of peace.

I would have loved this feature in June when I went on vacation during the Donegal war on W2 and got wiped out.

Return to “News & Client Updates”