Update Notes for build 1.21.4.1 - 09.08.2012

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Friendly

Update Notes for build 1.21.4.1 - 09.08.2012

Post by Lord Friendly »

Firefly Studios wrote:Released: 09/08/2012
Version Number : 1.21.4.1
Appr. Size :30MB approx
Update Contents

New Features
  • Quests - Over 150 Quests have been added to Stronghold Kingdoms. These can be viewed, activated or abandoned by clicking on the Grail icon on the top menu bar of the main Stronghold Kingdoms interface, in between Ranks and Attacks. Not all Quests are available to players at once, more become available as the player ranks up and also when previous Quests are completed. More information can be found in the Stronghold Kingdoms wiki: http://help.strongholdkingdoms.com/index.php/Quests
  • Quest Wheel - Spins on the Quest Wheel are awarded to players for completing certain Quests in Stronghold Kingdoms. Once earned they can be used at any time to win prizes to use in the game (or reserved for future use). More information can be found in the Stronghold Kingdoms wiki: http://help.strongholdkingdoms.com/index.php/Wheel
General
  • Receive absolution when sending both the sender and the receiver a report.
User interface
  • New main cards screen sorting function added.
  • The ui updates when cards are played to reflect the new time.
NedFlanders1984

Re: Update Notes for build 1.21.4.1 - 09.08.2012

Post by NedFlanders1984 »

Hey

Finally some quests to keep us busy!
I like the wheel, good idea. Something different!

Nice update.
Thanks
Sir Bob

Post by Sir Bob »

Yawn

How do switch off the annoying flashing quest challice icon? its driving me crazy
Gaius22

Post by Gaius22 »

I always like to review each update and give my opinion, so here it is.

To simplify my opinion on this update: its a good update/addition.

Although, on one hand I felt disappointed because I thought that there was more to it besides the quests, on the other I was surprised that the quests have more depth than I expected.

I think FF really nailed it with the quest wheel, by rewarding the player with wheel spins. Its original and interesting way to reward a player (I specially like the jester, which give another try at the quest wheel). At the moment, I have only completed 17 quests, but it seems that this reward its only for the harder quests, which is what it should be.

FF manage to make the difficulty-reward relation balanced and at the same time make the rewards varied and the quests alternate between timed and not-timed, which much be praised. The rewards can range between simple resources to premium tokens, passing by new coat of arms figures!
I'd like also to point out the "Spread the word" quests, that consist in inviting friends to play SK. Its nice to be rewarded for it just by help bringing more people to the "party".

The new interface in the card menu is welcome, but not surgical.

Although players have "screamed" for an organized report list, another look at the merchants/trade system, a "status" menu for player's villlages or and improvement of the premium token to give more benefits. I think FF passes the "test" (specially if we still have in our thoughts the last update), bringing a long waited feature and implementing it well. Quests will keep veterans entertain for some time, by giving them more goals and help new players get into the game and develop/upgrade faster.

Lets see how long the fun will last and whats next... :D

My english is not perfect (not my first language), sorry for any errors.

PS: As I mentioned "an organized report list", I leave you with a suggestion: FF, look at a game called "pro cycling manager", as a manager you receive a lot of "news" and what they did was have all the "news" separated by tabs, like "all", "sponsors", "players", etc. So my suggestion is not to add filters to the reports but tabs, where we can have them separated/organized or not (hence tab "All").

PPS: I notice a glitch in one quest. In "Spread the Word 3" the reward is a wheel spin, but as I hoover the mouse above it the reward says "faith points". Minor glitch but always worth pointing out.
"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting."
MCwigga

Post by MCwigga »

I'm pleased by this update, It adds another dynamic to the game to keep you occupied, and it will help newer players to get that extra bit of income.
The quests cover almost everything in the game wich is far more than I expected.
The new card UI is more practical wich I'm happy about.

As for future updates, I suspect alot of people are looking forward to vacation mode and improved merchant handleing.

This update was a big step forward for the game.

-MC
Karl II

Post by Karl II »

This "biggest" update is disappointing

Instead of fixing bugs
(traders consume twice as much space when they return)
or tweak the current system
or adding a trading system
FF wast its time building a quest system

My Premium token wear out in 18d and i dont intend to buy another one
because its to expensive for that little reward
i dont even save time with a premium token
i still need to send my traders to my own villages to transport fish
i still need to work with the "returning traders bug" to recruit troops to send them to my vasall or man my castles towers

Not even talking about the algo behind placing AI castles
few
high rank player parishes are the pure horror 4 newbies

All that complains can be found in the forum!!!

Wouldnt the house and the people in it be that fine characters
i would simply quit
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

Where the heck do I find the quest wheel?
I looked on teh wiki, and it says there is some sort of "wheel" on the world map, but i don't see it... does it only pop up if you have spins?
Lord Timett

Post by Lord Timett »

Wheels is way too overpowered.

Lets just start handing out millions of gold while we are at it and just 250.000 fp.. jesus.
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

How many quests until I get 1 wheel spin?
I can't even find the darn thing.
darXtar

Post by darXtar »

there is "Intelligence Gathering 6" quest - it says "scout a castle from different parish"...what I have to do to complet this quest?

Return to “News & Client Updates”