New English-Language World 3 To Launch This Week

Important announcements and patch notes will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Joeblow5150

Re: New English-Language World 3 To Launch This Week

Post by Joeblow5150 »

Shame you guys ruined what would have been a great thing by releasing world 4 just because your servers can not handle actual full servers.. I was very excited to return to the game when i saw world 3 had opened.. that excitement has now turned to rage that you would * up a good thing by creating world 4 just because you cant handle a server load.. Splitting the player base just because you failed is not acceptable. I will stay for the short term in hopes that you will see the errors of your ways and remove world 4. If something is not done to rectify this poor judgement call i will no longer play this game and advise everyone i know to stop as well.
skyehawk

Post by skyehawk »

Having been a moderator for a year and a half for SHK, I have seen what happens with the servers as they fill and when they cannot handle the load. What Firefly did today in creating w4 was exactly the right thing to do, handled as well as they could as the situation arose. The w3 server was losing it and too many players were flooding in, mainly from steam I would imagine. Opening the w4 server allowed players to go there and for w3 to stabilize and catch up. As some players drop off due to inactivity (they always do), I am sure they will open w3 again, but since you can have up to 15 villages in the game, only so many players can participate in any server. So players can play with a stable game environment and expand as the game intends.
evicair

Post by evicair »

Oh come on don't be ignorant. How many of those 27K people quit right away? I'm not bashing SHK I love this game but looking around i see a ton of people who have been playing for 2-3 days and have a level 1-3 size village which is like 1-10 buildings. They obviously didn't like the game and therefore quit. I see A TON of them. Like literally atleast 20-45 percent of the villages are that size. Isn't there a way to delete anyone with that small of a village? Or see any people who only logged on one time and delete their accounts? if someone hasn't gotten past that small of a village especially with the 2 day premium that is given then they obviously didn't like the game. Also they could always make another account and then they would have the 2 day premium again to help them get going. Your going to have a bunch of inactive worlds if you do it this way :( The worlds need bigger active players bases not just a bunch of floaters.
womynaloud

Post by womynaloud »

evicair, if the people are inactive, their village will be removed. there is a time frame for that. FF is doing the best they can with the huge influx of new players.

http://help.strongholdkingdoms.com/inde ... players.3F
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

It is great to see such strong interest in the game.
Certainly a difficult challenge to absorb such a surge.
And a second challenge when the inevitable washout hits a few days later.

Perhaps there should be a starter world where players try the game for a few days, and then transfer to a permanent world keeping all that they have accomplished before the transfer.
Joeblow5150

Post by Joeblow5150 »

AuKhan wrote:It is great to see such strong interest in the game.
Certainly a difficult challenge to absorb such a surge.
And a second challenge when the inevitable washout hits a few days later.

Perhaps there should be a starter world where players try the game for a few days, and then transfer to a permanent world keeping all that they have accomplished before the transfer.

^ not a bad Idea or even create an advanced world for all us vets to kill ourselves in
AuKhan

Post by AuKhan »

An advanced world would be really great.
But, it should be a combat world with less monk power, and more fighting.
evicair

Post by evicair »

So its day 6 now on world 3. I still see a lot of village idiots who started on day 1 and have quit now already. The time for village idiots to disappear I'm almost certain is 3 day. So its been 6 days how come they haven't disappeared yet so we can get more new people instead of all these inactive people. My parish has like 6-8 village idiots in it and would benifit greatly if 6 more active people joined. All the people seem to spread out which is hurting the parish growths. I know the idea that yes as people level up they are going to take more villages. But there is also a lot of in actives that leveled above village idiot. Getting the village idiots deleted and reopening the world will help i think and would like to hear fire fly's opinion on this?

Return to “News & Client Updates”