What Firefly gets wrong about SHK, and why such bad support?

All discussion related to activity in Global Conflict World 6 should be posted here.
BOH-StarReaper

What Firefly gets wrong about SHK, and why such bad support?

Post by BOH-StarReaper »

So I dropped the issue for a little bit after the video release, but decided to pick it up again today.

Somewhere along the line SHK decided it would be basically cool to give their blessing to data being released from their client to third parties, as well as allowing players to create alert systems to SHK. And I dont leave out blame on the folks creating the software either, you guys suck as well.

1. Players do not want an alert system that lets people know what types of attacks, ect is coming and going. The fact that firefly isnt all over this to try and stop it speaks volumes to the fact they dont care about SHK anymore or are to busy counting their crowns (Your welcome btw, we didnt even get a public shout out for doing your jobs for you). If I know if its a raze or a capture coming into my village it literally eliminates an entire dimension to the game. Wipes it out. If i know its a capture i defend as hard as i can and worst case a buddy caps in behind them and boom i got my village back and they lost a bunch of armies. Same goes for monks. Im sorry but NO ONE is staring at their monk screen 24-7 yet all these folks some how magically can ID up on a special envoy at point blank range with a 40 second window. Never mind that 9 out of 10 times the monk doesnt even show up on the laggy server till half way in to a 1 minute trip. Between the ID bot and the discord bot trying to even find someone to hit gets pretty * hard.

2. Players do not want their data bought and sold on their play times, if you dont think this gives a unfair advantage your dumb. If i know player A isnt online from X to Y literally everyday, i know when to hit them, i know when people are holding votes, where they are moving parish gold.

Both these you guys come out and say well ho humm we arent for it, but were trying to figure out how to incorporate it. Are you kidding me? You made a mobile version let people spend their faith points or pull late nights, have friends watch the map whatever. Having these things completely throw off the mechanics to the game. 100% * up your balance. Someone with decent castles and the discord bot on their phone dont have to ID unless there are X amount of attacks or a excom monk on the way. You can literally never ID up. You see it a lot less since we torpedoed the card points so everyone and their mother isnt carding up pitch monsters. This isnt a house color thing either, anyone using these tools is doing it because if they dont they are at a massive disadvantage the difference between war with the discord alert and one without it is night and day. But its still a perversion.

I know literally everything that makes this game less balanced ends up generating revenue. And so you frankly dont care, you nuke the bot because people use it so they dont have to spend as much time and money on the game, Rest of it you barely batted an eye at because lets face it, all these alerts make it far more expensive to smash someone and raze them. Which.... generates crown sales.....ahhhh oohhhhh

Now im going to go ahead and bring up a personal grievance, sure we contact staff members on Linkdin, sure some didnt like it, but frankly your support staff left us no option and your staff had public Linkdin Profiles so we contacted them, we weren't rude or threatening. We tried to talk to you about the hack on GC5 before it happened, and tried to talk to you about the card point loop hole, both times we were ignored and when it went public you looked like a bunch of potatoes. And i get all this would make you folks a little anti ole StarReaper and thats cool.

However we still expect you to deal with players in game who are acting in a openly threatening manor. We had a player who was Doxxing Logtrees, Flanks and myself, and was being all forms of creepy but was keeping it to discord and other mediums, however this player soon migrated it into game and even said in threads he was openly doing it to scare us and teach us a lesson. He was then doing lewd castle designs and being outwardly sexist towards female members of our house, this stuff was summited and the responses back were either no response, generic response, or hey the * pick castle with profanity and your actual name written in it were razed so problem solved.

Really??? Look i get if its not in game its not your business and thats fine, but the moment users start admitting in threads to doing things to threaten and scare players shouldnt you probably at least comms ban the player? I mean at least a slap on the wrist or something? We have had players banned for profanity village names, like perma banned, and you cant lift a finger to someone threatening us? I mean for gods sake he drops my dead mothers name, where we live, all that stuff and nothing?

Ashamed to be playing your game. This will all come back to bite you when no one plays anymore. You have to see the writing on the wall that your last few games did nothing and went no where, and you think people are gonna line up to play SHK Rome? lol nah. Somewhere after Lords of the realm 2 you lost your passion to make great games for players, and focused on nothing but ways to generate income.

S.R.

P.S. For anyone wondering what happened to the player who was doing it, well lets just say we dont scare easy and we ran him out of gold, faith and villages.

BOH-StarReaper

Re: What Firefly gets wrong about SHK, and why such bad support?

Post by BOH-StarReaper »

Btw you folks over there at firefly do the numbers yet and see how much that lil card point loop hole cost you per month? Your welcome.

BeowulfKing

Post by BeowulfKing »

BOH-StarReaper wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:56 pm
Someone with decent castles and the discord bot on their phone dont have to ID unless there are X amount of attacks or a excom monk on the way. You can literally never ID up.

This sounds like dead map.

why they dont have to id? Nobody on map is fast timing 5-6 cpt armys?

DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

BeowulfKing wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:20 am
BOH-StarReaper wrote:
Someone with decent castles and the discord bot on their phone dont have to ID unless there are X amount of attacks or a excom monk on the way. You can literally never ID up.

This sounds like dead map.

why they dont have to id? Nobody on map is fast timing 5-6 cpt armys?
You missed the point Beowulfking......if a player knows what kind of attack is coming, ie, a pillage or ransack, there is no need for the player to ID but, once he knows it's going to be a Cap or a Raze, then the player knows to throw up some ID and defend like there's no tomorrow....what SR is going on about is the unfair advantage players have with the ALERT system that FF is doing nothing about. The ALERT system literally informs the player the type of attack (and you can have many captains going to one villa just to pillage btw) that is incoming whereby the player can decide whether the villa needs ID or not...totally unfair because the usual reaction of players is to throw up ID straight away because all they see is the Captains and not what the attack is going to do.

Tadusas

Post by Tadusas »

Seems you need to make a youtube video with thousands of views to get a reply from firefly. It is funny when some ex moderator said that FireFly staff is busy on other games and that's why they cannot focus on SHK. That is just the concept of milking SHK player's money to create non-SHK related games, rather horrible management of its clients. The community hacks/cheats/acceptable methods by Firefly (hacked bots which Russians use, advanced ones where you can see not only which attack is what but what players buy/sell, normal bots, etc.) made this game less pay to win and more entertaining than any Firefly update ever made.

If not for the bots there wouldn't be a huge player base consisting of people from poor countries who can't afford crowns (I would dare to say up to 40% of active players), such as eastern Europeans, Russians, and so on. If not these tools there is no way to play against p2w groups. Nevertheless, it is always the case of if someone cheats and not get banned then it is unfair, therefore I will cheat as well. It seems without players boycotting buying crowns for some period or making more videos there is no chance for the game to get improved.

BOH-StarReaper

Post by BOH-StarReaper »

Your 100% right Tad. I mean look this game is so poorly managed you had to post on every single forum in the game just to get noticed when GC5 got hacked. We heard from people it was coming tried to warn them but hey no thats not possible, these are players started rumors......

Whats sad is Dev management has always been * poor on this game even back W7 days when i started. And you know what if i could get the auto trade, village, scout bot for 10 bucks a month i for sure would buy it just like nearly everyone else that plays the game. Thats a cool thing lots of players would pay for.

But no they want to sell us our own online and offline times back, and an incoming attack spolier. Well i rather just pay the discord guy to do it, at least hes not firefly.

King Phillip II

Post by King Phillip II »

I agree!

We DO NOT want an alert server!

It kills the game for me.
Join me on Europe 6!
Scream to the devil that God is good

Gleek Freak

Post by Gleek Freak »

King Phillip II wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:18 pm
I agree!

We DO NOT want an alert server!

It kills the game for me.
You're complaining about something ruining the game for you ?

https://prnt.sc/wdmnss
This you ?

(And it wasnt just one more player playing your account , it was multiple players)

King Phillip II

Post by King Phillip II »

Gleek Freak wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:19 pm
This you ?
I had done wrong, and received a ban for it as I should!

Now that I'm back on the right path, I'm here to support the good things about shk, and fight the bad ;)
Join me on Europe 6!
Scream to the devil that God is good

SirRams

Post by SirRams »

BOH-StarReaper wrote:
So I dropped the issue for a little bit after the video release, but decided to pick it up again today.

Somewhere along the line SHK decided it would be basically cool to give their blessing to data being released from their client to third parties, as well as allowing players to create alert systems to SHK. And I dont leave out blame on the folks creating the software either, you guys suck as well.

1. Players do not want an alert system that lets people know what types of attacks, ect is coming and going. The fact that firefly isnt all over this to try and stop it speaks volumes to the fact they dont care about SHK anymore or are to busy counting their crowns (Your welcome btw, we didnt even get a public shout out for doing your jobs for you). If I know if its a raze or a capture coming into my village it literally eliminates an entire dimension to the game. Wipes it out. If i know its a capture i defend as hard as i can and worst case a buddy caps in behind them and boom i got my village back and they lost a bunch of armies. Same goes for monks. Im sorry but NO ONE is staring at their monk screen 24-7 yet all these folks some how magically can ID up on a special envoy at point blank range with a 40 second window. Never mind that 9 out of 10 times the monk doesnt even show up on the laggy server till half way in to a 1 minute trip. Between the ID bot and the discord bot trying to even find someone to hit gets pretty * hard.

2. Players do not want their data bought and sold on their play times, if you dont think this gives a unfair advantage your dumb. If i know player A isnt online from X to Y literally everyday, i know when to hit them, i know when people are holding votes, where they are moving parish gold.

Both these you guys come out and say well ho humm we arent for it, but were trying to figure out how to incorporate it. Are you kidding me? You made a mobile version let people spend their faith points or pull late nights, have friends watch the map whatever. Having these things completely throw off the mechanics to the game. 100% * up your balance. Someone with decent castles and the discord bot on their phone dont have to ID unless there are X amount of attacks or a excom monk on the way. You can literally never ID up. You see it a lot less since we torpedoed the card points so everyone and their mother isnt carding up pitch monsters. This isnt a house color thing either, anyone using these tools is doing it because if they dont they are at a massive disadvantage the difference between war with the discord alert and one without it is night and day. But its still a perversion.

I know literally everything that makes this game less balanced ends up generating revenue. And so you frankly dont care, you nuke the bot because people use it so they dont have to spend as much time and money on the game, Rest of it you barely batted an eye at because lets face it, all these alerts make it far more expensive to smash someone and raze them. Which.... generates crown sales.....ahhhh oohhhhh

Now im going to go ahead and bring up a personal grievance, sure we contact staff members on Linkdin, sure some didnt like it, but frankly your support staff left us no option and your staff had public Linkdin Profiles so we contacted them, we weren't rude or threatening. We tried to talk to you about the hack on GC5 before it happened, and tried to talk to you about the card point loop hole, both times we were ignored and when it went public you looked like a bunch of potatoes. And i get all this would make you folks a little anti ole StarReaper and thats cool.

However we still expect you to deal with players in game who are acting in a openly threatening manor. We had a player who was Doxxing Logtrees, Flanks and myself, and was being all forms of creepy but was keeping it to discord and other mediums, however this player soon migrated it into game and even said in threads he was openly doing it to scare us and teach us a lesson. He was then doing lewd castle designs and being outwardly sexist towards female members of our house, this stuff was summited and the responses back were either no response, generic response, or hey the * pick castle with profanity and your actual name written in it were razed so problem solved.

Really??? Look i get if its not in game its not your business and thats fine, but the moment users start admitting in threads to doing things to threaten and scare players shouldnt you probably at least comms ban the player? I mean at least a slap on the wrist or something? We have had players banned for profanity village names, like perma banned, and you cant lift a finger to someone threatening us? I mean for gods sake he drops my dead mothers name, where we live, all that stuff and nothing?

Ashamed to be playing your game. This will all come back to bite you when no one plays anymore. You have to see the writing on the wall that your last few games did nothing and went no where, and you think people are gonna line up to play SHK Rome? lol nah. Somewhere after Lords of the realm 2 you lost your passion to make great games for players, and focused on nothing but ways to generate income.

S.R.

P.S. For anyone wondering what happened to the player who was doing it, well lets just say we dont scare easy and we ran him out of gold, faith and villages.
Totally agree with that.

Return to “Global Conflict 6 Lounge”