I recieved Ban after Ban, when will it end?

War of the Wolf was Closed.
Marcimio999

I recieved Ban after Ban, when will it end?

Post by Marcimio999 »

Hello,

I am one of the Players who spun the Wheel a few times too often.

Thats what happened:

There was a feature (some call it bug), where you could spin the treasure wheel infinite times, if you have reached 50 spins.
i think everyone who found this, tested it a few times. it was very exciting.
This is also described in another forum post.

This went on the whole weekened.
After the patch on tuesday everyone who used this was banned for 24hours.

Probably Firefly did not know what to do with us.
Fact: everyone who had that many wheelspins on that time of the server must have invested at least some good cards.
IF they banned them all, it would result in a huge loss in profit in the next few years.

We did not get any information what was happening. Everything we had, was a date and a guilty conscience.

The next day, this ban was extended by another 24h. Now they gave us the additional information, that we broke the game rules or Terms of Service.
Althoug in the gamerules available on my language(German) "Spielregeln", bug abusing it is not explicitly forbidden.....

Today, when the time was up, I logged in just to see the worst joke:
The card points were reset to 0 - This means also the points I had before Wolf world are gone.
ALL Card packs are gone - even the ones I had before Wolf world.
Gold and GP was reset to 0 - This is a reasonable change, since it was from the wheels.

A few minutes later i recieved another 5 day Ban.
Now whats this?
Was i supposed to log in, just to see everything i built upon the years is gone?
whats next? can i expect another ban?
i must have lost a lot of villages on Wolfworld by now.

mildly connected quote:
“The measure of a civilization is how it treats its weakest members.”
-Ghandi, or something
Nasserthepanda

Re: I recieved Ban after Ban, when will it end?

Post by Nasserthepanda »

Bug abuse is actually not written in the rules,maybe whoever wrote those rules back then knew its their responsibility to fix bugs and not zero out everyone who used them.
NaTRoX61

Post by NaTRoX61 »

Look at ToS
noviceg

Post by noviceg »

Marcimio999 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:20 am I am one of the Players who spun the Wheel a few times too often.
"a few times too often"
rofl, how many hours have you spun the wheel to get to the sapphire gold achievement?
Duke Locksley

Post by Duke Locksley »

Nasserthepanda wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:46 am Bug abuse is actually not written in the rules,maybe whoever wrote those rules back then knew its their responsibility to fix bugs and not zero out everyone who used them.
Yeah, it is.
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Nasserthepanda wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:46 am Bug abuse is actually not written in the rules,maybe whoever wrote those rules back then knew its their responsibility to fix bugs and not zero out everyone who used them.
Under Terms of Service:-

8.4 Rules Related to Game Play.
Firefly strictly enforces the rules that govern game play. Firefly considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment. These include but are not limited to, attacking, capturing, and razing other player’s in game property. The Game has a “player vs. player” element so you should always remember to protect yourself in areas where others can attack you, rather than contacting Firefly’s in-game customer service representatives for help when you have been attacked by another player. Notwithstanding the foregoing certain acts go beyond what is “fair” and are considered serious violations of these Terms of Use. Those acts include, but are not limited to, the following:

a. Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or “program bugs” to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;
Marcimio999

Post by Marcimio999 »

DontBeaWuss wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:39 pm Under Terms of Service:-

8.4 Rules Related to Game Play.
Firefly strictly enforces the rules that govern game play. Firefly considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment. These include but are not limited to, attacking, capturing, and razing other player’s in game property. The Game has a “player vs. player” element so you should always remember to protect yourself in areas where others can attack you, rather than contacting Firefly’s in-game customer service representatives for help when you have been attacked by another player. Notwithstanding the foregoing certain acts go beyond what is “fair” and are considered serious violations of these Terms of Use. Those acts include, but are not limited to, the following:

a. Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or “program bugs” to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;
Aha, there it is, thank you for finding that.
Marcimio999

Post by Marcimio999 »

noviceg wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:51 pm
Marcimio999 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:20 am I am one of the Players who spun the Wheel a few times too often.
"a few times too often"
rofl, how many hours have you spun the wheel to get to the sapphire gold achievement?
about 120.000 times ;)
GuaJeLes

Post by GuaJeLes »

It's amazing to see the way Firefly and its administrators work. They ban accounts to save their time and cover their backs to such a serious mistake.

We players do not have to warn of an error or bug.
We do not work for SK support.
Before opening a server, they should do all the checks.
If you open a server full of failures there is only one culprit.
I hope the Firefly programmer has been fired.

Apparently, FF is lifting permanent bans on paying players, for 5-day bans.
This is the corrupt way of working of these people.
WaywardChampion

Post by WaywardChampion »

GuaJeLes wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:31 am It's amazing to see the way Firefly and its administrators work. They ban accounts to save their time and cover their backs to such a serious mistake.

We players do not have to warn of an error or bug.
We do not work for SK support.
Before opening a server, they should do all the checks.
If you open a server full of failures there is only one culprit.
I hope the Firefly programmer has been fired.

Apparently, FF is lifting permanent bans on paying players, for 5-day bans.
This is the corrupt way of working of these people.
You cheated and you got caught. Quit whining about it like a 6 year old child. If it was my game I wouldn't have let you play here again. Don't blame anyone but yourself for your lack of integrity.

Return to “War of the Wolf”