GC5 - Some explanation

Global Conflict 5 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
SurferSam

Re: GC5 - Some explanation

Post by SurferSam »

Well, this server was not the easiest one for many players. Probably global maps should be eventful. But I, like most people, strongly oppose the use of bot programs in stronghold. The situation that occurred when this server was shut down indicates the severity of the problem. Playing with a bot gives a very serious advantage over those who do not use it. This is a fact that I can confirm from my own experience. And to say that it does not affect the victory is just a pitiful excuse. It is for this reason that I did not use the bot in my game and no one can reproach me for using it. Offers to get it (including for free) came to me constantly. I don't know where the roots of this problem come from. Whether the H16 players, Dorang's team or others are to blame for this .. This is absolutely not important, because it is not possible to find those responsible for this. The use of bots and alt accounts was noticed by me from both sides. But I'm also against solving the problem by hacking the game. This has an effect, but only as a signal to the game developers. I think many of us are unpleasant to realize that the game can be so easily hacked and ruined.
The fact that Firefly brought everything back is the right step. Despite the fact that H16 was my opponent for this entire server, I highly appreciate their team play. They demonstrated it throughout the entire server. It deserves respect.
The shadow of this server will no longer fall on us all. This is our common history. We need to congratulate the winners and move on. And I hope that the developers of the game will more decisively tackle the problems of Stronghold. The game lives on and many people still love it, even in spite of its shortcomings.

regards
SurferSam

Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

DontBeaWuss wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:28 pm
Priest Guardian wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:28 pm
Well even though I am only playing GC6 I am always here on forums observing developments of the game. Due to this recent development I have notified my team M8s on GC6 I am going into a 2 week vaca mode

I will return in 2 weeks time and see what Firefly has announced and/or done in regards to these events (which are very serious for ANY online game)

I will make any final decisions at that time when I check back in 2 weeks time

Peaceout all PG
Well, your bubble had to burst because many of us have been playing against these cheaters for a long time.
I certainly have been humbled by the news and my white Knight uniform has some tarnish. I can only hope Firefly takes this seriously and reacts accordingly. As whenever I have seen such things take place in other online games the company is swift and transparent in its recourse to the events
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's

MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

It's always interesting and somewhat amusing to pop onto the forums now and again to see so many cheaters coming on here to whine because they lost to other/different type of cheaters.

Hearing a phrase like "improved token" to describe the use of bots programs is truly astounding. Who has access to these "improved tokens"? Is it only available to a select number of cheaters or anyone with too much money/time and too little integrity? If it's not part of the official game, it's cheating. Full stop.

That players are allegedly using "a discord bot that intercepts info and tells them every time we send an army, reinforcement, scout, or even monk" is disturbing, but expected. It's not surprising to learn that a certain group of players on GC6 are said to be using this bot.

But chin up lads and lassies! It appears FF has righted the very bad deed done to H16 by H1 on GC5 and they will undoubtedly receive their coveted reward in the end so they are able to easily conquer the next world. It appears that a lack of conscience, a willingness to look the other way while teammates cheat (for those who aren't directly cheating) and screaming loudly on these forums that the other guy cheated worse than you did is a valid argument and a rather lucrative strategy.

So Congrats to the Players who won by cheating (and will continue to), Congrats and Thank You to those players in H1 who successfully cheated in an effort to raise awareness of this very serious problem not only to FF, but to the entire community (which will probably not work but it was worth a shot) and, finally, a Big Congratulations to those who are wealthy enough to get exactly the result they paid for.

And for those wishing I had died by now and would stop posting here . . . Hard Luck! :D
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .

Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

Burthh wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:58 pm
There is only one reason for us to be here, and it's because we actually like the game. Even tho there is no game anymore.
This is why I said originally that I was happy and sad at the same time reading this thread. Happy that it is finally brought to light without deniability and sad that it may ultimately put the final nail in the coffin for SHK's

I have alot of issues with Firefly and how they seem to ignore their cash cow game for single player games. SHK's could of become soooooo much more, even a one of a kind. But many companies had seen the success of SHK's and made their own varieties . My fear is that FF missed the boat with SHK's and all may be lost now :/

:cry:
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's

GondorArcher

Post by GondorArcher »

Hello!
I'd like to point out few things:
1. Why FireFly is not allowed to use that piece of code
2. Why a player will not be able to make use of it
3. Why the API accepts Facebook email
Post Scriptum

Here we go

1. Why FireFly is not allowed to use that piece of code

Player's emails should be protected by privacy policy.
They shouldn't just take their entire database of nicknames and emails to push it into Bot's API - this would
a) violate player's privacy
b) give us their entire database of users:) (as each entry is saved)
c) overload our small server since SHK has "millions of players"

2. Why a player will not be able to make use of it

The intruder has to
0. Know the account email
1. Have a basic knowledge of C/C++/C# languages
2. Have a development environment installed on his computer
3. Know the latest version of Bot's API (because if he does something wrong he's blocked immediately after first incorrect entry - API is sensitive to invalid/missing parameters)
4. Know how to interpret the results - here is the catch
5. Be able to actually do something with the conclusions he made - get that player banned

What if he does all that? (#4 catch)

If the API returns nothing - does it mean that this player is not using a Bot?
Or did his subscription expire?
Or does it mean you are mistaken with account's email in the first place?
Or maybe your IP was blocked previsouly?

If the API returns a 7 days subscription - does it mean this player has a 7 days subscription or does it mean you've just got a free trial period as a new user?

If the API returns any other number of days - does it really mean that this player has prepaid usage of Bot or did I just populate our database with fake records?
If this player sent a donation to support the project - does it mean he really uses the program himself? With this account?
Is it possible that his enemy made a 5$ donation to set him up and get him banned?

Last but not the least. If some web API in the internet returns a string in format "All features (some date)" - is this a valuable enough proof to permanently block players account in Stronghold Kingdoms?

As you can see it's not that clear.

3. Why the API accepts Facebook email
Some players log into the game using "Login via Facebook" button. They should retrieve their subscription without any extra hussle.
That's all folks :)

P.S. We never had an API based on username only, it was a different Bot
P.P.S. It's not russian
Last edited by GondorArcher on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GondorArcher

Post by GondorArcher »

Also pay attention to this sentense
Alongside this code I want to release the code for the Russian bot so Firefly can actually counter it and so other pople can just run the bot without a subscription.
If he wants to get botters banned - it means he is not on the player's side
but on the other hand he offers everyone to use it "without subscribing" - which means he is not on the Firefly's side either :lol:

lljackll

Post by lljackll »

the question is whether this gl5 will be running or you have to play the new one

Sun4ez

Post by Sun4ez »

бот это пол беды.. То что творят админы вот это проблема... когда игроку за деньги прибавляют золото и честь в игре огромное количество. За один день игроки вырастают от дурочка до кронпринца. это никак не пресекается. помню как только начиналась эта игра. до принца люди несколько месяцев усердно шли. а сейчас можно за 1 минуту. так что админы по странам немного огорчают простых игроков.
bot is half the trouble.. What admins do is a problem... when the player for money add gold and honor in the game a huge amount. In one day, players grow from a fool to a crown Prince. this is not stopped in any way. I remember as soon as this game started. before the Prince, people worked hard for several months. and now you can do it in 1 minute. so admins by country are a bit upsetting for ordinary players.

Sun4ez

Post by Sun4ez »

16 дом проиграл. это справедливо.

Return to “Global Conflict 5 Lounge (Closed)”