removing stash rewards was a very stupid idea!

Resist invasion at the hands of Duc Volpe and Survive 10 rounds of brutal PvE in a brand new game world.
Esoteric Paradigm

removing stash rewards was a very stupid idea!

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

Its turned the Ai world from a possible card earning world into a card consuming world - just stupid - Firefly should fire whoever thought up that idea.
DontBeaWuss

Re: removing stash rewards was a very stupid idea!

Post by DontBeaWuss »

I dunno...it was quite funny to see the fast scouters out on day 1 scooping everything up....so glad they weren't getting rewards for doing it lol

At the end of the day, they've tweaked it between rotw and heretic - imo, it's better than nothing - sure it's Day 8 and there are loads of players on 100+ spins while I've had 2 x 1 tier spins - I know that if I stick at this world, I am hoping to be in a far stronger position in Round 3 whereby I can start getting some rewards for my hard earned defiance of not being beaten! :D

There are already some good players abandoning it because it's just not for them...even though they are carders and are surrounded by easy Ai, they are just not enjoying it - imagine that....all those spins sitting around and they can't be bothered harvesting them.

I'm just gonna plod along knowing that we get rewarded for killing Ai, not for picking up easy stashes - remember, stash rewards are just for xmas :D
Esoteric Paradigm

Maybe but remember how hard those intense invasions got in the original wolf world. I fully developed a number of parishes and found it almost impossible to get a good night's sleep as that world progressed until I abandoned the idea of holding not only parishes but also villages and went for a temporary tent village concept where I had 10 or more villages spread across the country and just scouted.
At least that way I got to sleep at night. This current world is stupid because it takes away and adds nothing - just more sleepless nights lie ahead for the unwitting.
The heretic world was a good improvement because as a heretic I could avoid all the Ai attacks and so sleep well for 8 hours.
This new wolf world is a huge step backwards and very badly thought thru if any thought was given to it much at all.
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Ya never know....they may switch it to stash rewards from around the middle of the game term ;)
Esoteric Paradigm

DontBeaWuss wrote:Ya never know....they may switch it to stash rewards from around the middle of the game term ;)
haha yeh - or maybe just stop giving spins for AI kills without saying anything :)
Still trying to figure out a way of earning more card points from killing snakes than I spend - not sure if it is possible atm as weapon stashes are so heavily scouted that one needs arab stallions to have any hope of getting them so a no or very low unit loss in destroy the snakes is needed - anyone have any ideas?
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

It's still early - there's 9.5 rounds to go!

I've come to the conclusion that at some point, all one needs is one villa with a parish - sitting there with a maxed out defence and offence and upgrading the Parish.

With one villa, you cannot get reset so there would be no need to keep looking at the map for razing captains. It would be a slow process but, without the need for spending much points or cards, you would accumulate more in the long run.
Esoteric Paradigm

not sure I understand. How can you accumulate cards/points by sitting still with one village?
Also if it is or isn't possible to farm AI and make a card/point profit at the start then it won't change the dynamics later on.
Unless of course one happens to be able to fluke it into a winning house some how.
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

What I mean is, if you have done all your research in defence, offence, banqueting and monks et al, you can quite happily sit with one villa, albeit a strong villa and castle plus have strong parish armies, sending out how ever many armies you can muster to all the Ai around you and accumulate wheel spins.

I call myself a slow burner but there comes a point with I've caught up with everyone else. I'm as strong as everyone else. By that time on this new world, instead of fretting about umpteen villas that could get razed by the Ai and spending heaps on cards to strengthen and protect them all, I could be in a position to quite happily sit there in my one villa and parish sending out attacks to Ai. Of course the cards I would have to use is the army speed cards and probably blessing cards to keep my peasants happy, but I could see it work in the sense that I wouldn't be spending more than what I am gaining.

I think, once I am able, to give it a try. I spent loads of cards and points on rotw and heretic - I don't want to do the same here. If I can get my researches done and build a strong castle and armies, I could be in a position to try it in round 3 if not before.
WaywardChampion

Post by WaywardChampion »

On Heretic I just had one village in an AI farm area.

I deliberately stopped ranking at knight in order to keep the strength of the AI attacks from becoming too strong.

I was able to kill 10 -12 snake castles every evening without too much effort and even had a 380+ kill streak.

All this from only one village.

if you can , try capture AI castles with bombards in them. You can't build them yourself, but you can use any that are already in the castle. Then just build a player castle around the bombards.

Also, f you don't like not being able to earn wheel spins for scouting, then you can only blame yourselves for using those stupid scouting bots.

If you didn't use them, then you didn't report any of those who were. This is your reward for complacency.
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

Agreed Wayward....one villa and parish and killing up to a dozen Ai a day soon lets the spins mount up over 10 glory rounds...no need to spend shedloads of cards on keeping multiple villas repaired or safe.

As to scouting bots....they are being used probably on every world and some players were reported on GC3, however, the players in question got a 3 day ban or something like that and, once they came back, continued using their bots which has been reported again to FF by many people but nothing happens.

Return to “Return of the Wolf”