Double/triple accounts on Europe 5

This is the first world using the The New Era System.
LordRainmaker

Double/triple accounts on Europe 5

Post by LordRainmaker »

Where can I report double/triple accounts?

In Europe 5 there is a player called ***** he is using multiple accounts which is not fair. How to go on about report this so appropriate measures can be taken?

Kind regards,
Rain
LordRainmaker

Re: Double/triple accounts on Europe 5

Post by LordRainmaker »

I am suprised this has not been dealt with yet. Are these kind of things normally ignored then?

I've read the rules and in there it clearly states that more than one account is strictly not allowed. Yet, nothing has been done against this player with 3 accounts.
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

LordRainmaker wrote:I am suprised this has not been dealt with yet. Are these kind of things normally ignored then?

I've read the rules and in there it clearly states that more than one account is strictly not allowed. Yet, nothing has been done against this player with 3 accounts.
Yes, it's been my experience that they are normally ignored. Do not expect FF to do anything about cheating, especially if the cheaters buy many crowns, and do not expect a reply to your question here from the mods regarding cheating. Cheaters get around the rules by claiming to be family/friends living in the same house or sharing an IP. They simply play a premium token to avoid a penalty. It's literally been happening for years. Some will cheat by using TeamViewer or other computer-sharing programs to play each others' accounts as well.

If you expect nothing from FF, you will not be disappointed.

Good Luck to you . . .
Attachments
premium token.jpg
premium token.jpg (125.34 KiB) Viewed 8813 times
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Lord Benevolent wrote:
MiladySkye wrote:Yes, it's been my experience that they are normally ignored. Do not expect FF to do anything about cheating, especially if the cheaters buy many crowns, and do not expect a reply to your question here from the mods regarding cheating. Cheaters get around the rules by claiming to be family/friends living in the same house or sharing an IP. They simply play a premium token to avoid a penalty. It's literally been happening for years. Some will cheat by using TeamViewer or other computer-sharing programs to play each others' accounts as well.
Half-truths like these are partially responsible for a lack of trust in the community. Be better than this.
As I've had to point out in another thread:

Playing with more than one account on a world is a violation of the rules and will get you banned.
Two players sharing the same account is a violation of the rules and will get you banned.

No Premium Token will change that. Ever.

The automatic IP-restrictions make it less enticing to play on multiple accounts, they are not an enforcement of the rules though. I repeat: Playing a Premium Token does not absolve players of the rules. It simply gives families and living communities a chance to enjoy the game together while offering little additional value to those who play multiple accounts.

I love the recycled response :roll: So typical . . . and you have the audacity to suggest that I (and apparently LordGodAlmighty) should "be better than this"?

. . . same happens when players submit tickets of cheating. Auto responses that mean little is all they get.

Anyone is welcome to do a search of this forum to read for themselves the number of complaints regarding the multi-accounting, sharing, bots and hack problems (like the one where massive CPs were handed out to those willing to pay the price for them). Put Bot, multi-account, cheat or hack in a search and you'll find a goldmine of people who've submitted tickets (many with with proof of people actually admitting to cheating) who were totally ignored or brushed aside.

So while I appreciate the time it took you to copy and paste your cookie cutter response, Lord Benevolent, I contend that if FF has a trust issue with their player base/community (or rather what's left of it), that has less to do with me and more because they haven't stepped up to the plate and dealt with the concerns and legitimate complaints of players in an honest and transparent fashion.
Attachments
benevolent auto response.jpg
benevolent auto response.jpg (131.1 KiB) Viewed 8691 times
LordRainmaker

Post by LordRainmaker »

It is really suprising you would protect an unfair triple account player because he is using premium on one of his 3 accounts. At the start he is at advantage just by using premium and then you protect him on top of that by letting him use triple accounts.

Where's common sense in this?
J aime LaConfiture

Post by J aime LaConfiture »

@Lord Benevolent

From World 2 French, we want to know if Firefly will do something against bot or if we need to leave ?

Because we can get so many proof and if Firefly can t see it then it s just a * blind firm.

I want to know because there is a big war on world 2 against * bots and we want to know if we to * leave this great game because of that.

Firefly know there is bot ? cheaper than * token

Expect a answer before a week.
LordRainmaker

Post by LordRainmaker »

Reporting back again for the same server Europe 5.

There are multiple alt. accounts in Croatian area.
I know LORD krvavi and Purvu are two accounts that are shared 100%.

Lord krvavi was a croatian player, as I am, and I spoke to him multiple times over messages. Then during these past couple of weeks all the messages he sent to me in croatian language were straight from google translate. And Purvu account is run by player called Jghusy. There a couple more alt. accounts in croatian area by House 1 players.

This is so sad because they are basically cheating. I will think twice if I will invest more money into stronghold.
amerix

Post by amerix »

Well, this is a fascinating topic, and because I've got some insight in how things work in this game, I'll wager a response ^^

I joined Stronghold Kingdoms in december of 2011 I believe, so my account is almost as old as the game. I got banned about 3 weeks ago, no reason given. I was playing GC5, and I was doing a pretty good job if I can say so (A good old fashioned war, where my alliance was the under dog, roughly 1 of us against 3). But, I made a mistake. I'm Dutch, so you never play cards when they're not necessary, you don't play premium tokens when your researches are still going, so my premium token ran out, and I got banned.

I will admit that my banning was perfectly in line with the game rules, and I can't say I've been sad about it, the way firefly has let this game run is absolutely absurd. Running a bot is a rule, its not an exception (see shkbot. something), however, people only get banned when they are either too good, or a bad influence on the game itself (Raze/Capture too succesfull, and people might quit)(But also the occassional psychopaths). When you play a premium token, you're absolutely, 100% safe. I want to emphasize this to every botter/hacker/wrongdoer/arrogant person who reads this.

This is how it works:
-If enough people report you, you'll get banned, sometimes very very rarely even when you play a premium token, I know that happened once
-People who are frustrated, but want to win, pay more for the game, botters help Firefly make a profit
-People who get/buy/build a bot, are more likely to invest in the game, just keeping the servers running.
-Firefly is really milking the game at this point

Some myths and some truths
-Crowns are cheatable, we don't know how it works, but this is really true (It doesn't happen as much as you think though)
-People do get unbanned, it often happens against a price (300 to 500 GBP)

These aren't lies people, it's really true (Sorry Firefly, you'll hate me for this, but there's no changing the truth)

Now, at this point, all the community building players (yes, thats even me, to a certain extend) are finally quitting the game (Or forced to quit ^^). The emotions are building too high in the game, and the players who have some right morals, or who could hold the emotions in check, they have, by this point, all gone.

Firefly has succesfully divided the good from the evil, and they've chosen the evil.

After all, why choose good over the mammon, the mammon has the money anyway ;)

Now, everybody puts the blame on guys like lord friendly, efficient of benevolent, they're actually quite alright moderators I'd say. Sure, they don't know whats going on in a world, and sure, they'll crumble on any bit of game community peer pressure (Try it, tell your entire house to report someone who isn't playing a premium token, I assure you, he'll (she) get banned). But they're at least trying, be it seemingly not very hard.

The problem is, the game is too cheatable (bots) and the community behind the game is pretty much sick/dead/mortally wounded. A game needs a good core, and FF have by neglecting real problems sickened the real game core. And now the fruits are coming to the surface ^^

If you're still reading this, you're probably a good person. The forums here don't get visited too often, and I find that the core of a community is to be found here. Since its pretty dead, I'm guessing the core is pretty dead as well. My advice, go search for another game. Preferably one where they also use Teamspeak. Find a new game from another developer, read the forums first to see what you're getting into.

Farewell and adieu to you worthy players
Farewell and adieu to you players of class
For we have received orders
For to sail to old England,
But we hope in a short time to see you again

And we never saw them again

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Ladies)
DontBeaWuss

Post by DontBeaWuss »

amerix wrote: This is how it works:
………..If enough people report you, you'll get banned, sometimes very very rarely even when you play a premium token, I know that happened once...….
Imo, the more this franchise has gone on, the more players there are now doing the same thing as the cheaters so, trying to get enough players to report on certain cheaters will not be enough to have them banned....too little too late to save this game, sadly.
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

amerix wrote:Well, this is a fascinating topic, and because I've got some insight in how things work in this game, I'll wager a response ^^

I joined Stronghold Kingdoms in december of 2011 I believe, so my account is almost as old as the game. I got banned about 3 weeks ago, no reason given. I was playing GC5, and I was doing a pretty good job if I can say so (A good old fashioned war, where my alliance was the under dog, roughly 1 of us against 3). But, I made a mistake. I'm Dutch, so you never play cards when they're not necessary, you don't play premium tokens when your researches are still going, so my premium token ran out, and I got banned.

I will admit that my banning was perfectly in line with the game rules, and I can't say I've been sad about it, the way firefly has let this game run is absolutely absurd. Running a bot is a rule, its not an exception (see shkbot. something), however, people only get banned when they are either too good, or a bad influence on the game itself (Raze/Capture too succesfull, and people might quit)(But also the occassional psychopaths). When you play a premium token, you're absolutely, 100% safe. I want to emphasize this to every botter/hacker/wrongdoer/arrogant person who reads this.

This is how it works:
-If enough people report you, you'll get banned, sometimes very very rarely even when you play a premium token, I know that happened once
-People who are frustrated, but want to win, pay more for the game, botters help Firefly make a profit
-People who get/buy/build a bot, are more likely to invest in the game, just keeping the servers running.
-Firefly is really milking the game at this point

Some myths and some truths
-Crowns are cheatable, we don't know how it works, but this is really true (It doesn't happen as much as you think though)
-People do get unbanned, it often happens against a price (300 to 500 GBP)

These aren't lies people, it's really true (Sorry Firefly, you'll hate me for this, but there's no changing the truth)

Now, at this point, all the community building players (yes, thats even me, to a certain extend) are finally quitting the game (Or forced to quit ^^). The emotions are building too high in the game, and the players who have some right morals, or who could hold the emotions in check, they have, by this point, all gone.

Firefly has succesfully divided the good from the evil, and they've chosen the evil.

After all, why choose good over the mammon, the mammon has the money anyway ;)

Now, everybody puts the blame on guys like lord friendly, efficient of benevolent, they're actually quite alright moderators I'd say. Sure, they don't know whats going on in a world, and sure, they'll crumble on any bit of game community peer pressure (Try it, tell your entire house to report someone who isn't playing a premium token, I assure you, he'll (she) get banned). But they're at least trying, be it seemingly not very hard.

The problem is, the game is too cheatable (bots) and the community behind the game is pretty much sick/dead/mortally wounded. A game needs a good core, and FF have by neglecting real problems sickened the real game core. And now the fruits are coming to the surface ^^

If you're still reading this, you're probably a good person. The forums here don't get visited too often, and I find that the core of a community is to be found here. Since its pretty dead, I'm guessing the core is pretty dead as well. My advice, go search for another game. Preferably one where they also use Teamspeak. Find a new game from another developer, read the forums first to see what you're getting into.

Farewell and adieu to you worthy players
Farewell and adieu to you players of class
For we have received orders
For to sail to old England,
But we hope in a short time to see you again

And we never saw them again

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Ladies)
This post was spot on.

99% of the decent and honourable players left SHK ages ago. What's left are the cheaters/uber-carders, the new people who haven't figured out the scam FF is running . . . and those who mistakenly believe something will be done about the cheating.

They won't. It's too lucrative to allow it to continue.

Oh, and there are those players who've simply taken the position of, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" (and maybe rake in some prizes for looking the other way!) They're still here, hanging onto the cheater's coattails . . . which is equally lucrative for them.

Farewell and Adieu to you

Return to “EU5 World Lounge (Closed)”