AI world game play

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
Kaitar

AI world game play

Post by Kaitar »

What I liked and didn't like about the wolf and heretic

dislikes
1. you have to log on multiple times a day just to repair castles.
2. Wolf attacks are ridiculous when you are at a higher level - 5 attacks will destroy most castles when you send 186 catapults and always hit the same side.
3. the map is terribly uneven - one side gets the rat, the other gets the wolf. where you start really impacts the game for new players
4. Constant invasions - maybe once a week to give time to fix everything and raise armies
5. going heretic was irreversible. Most people went heretic to get a rest from the constant attacks. Maybe reset after every glory round or go 'farmer' for the rest of a glory round. That would keep them in the game
6. spending honor to get the 11th village over and over.
7. Disease quests when there was no disease.
8. very expensive to kill wolf castles were getting very common and no time to get more troops.
9. AI should vote for themselves and not the highest AI in the parish/county

likes and suggestions
1. I do like the scouting for cards - amazing how many empty slots I won, lol.
2. capturing pig and wolf castles with bombards were good for you own ability to survive wolf attacks.
3. heretics paid taxes. Made it good to allow non violent heretics to stay in a parish since they used a charter the AI could no longer get.
4. trolls were uncommon since taking parishes did not help them if they were heretics.
5. Banding together to kill the AI and keep the counties clear of wolf castles
6. I think stewards should be targeted more often than non steward players - too many stewards with one village in a parish. Conquerors leave the workers and stamp out the leaders
7. I liked the ability of the wolf to clear out inactive players in the wolf world. Leaving the last village in Heretic was nice of you, but that left most players just keeping one village and not really playing to win. Maybe only spare the last village if below a certain level.
8. I liked the no player versus player part of heretic. Heretics were mainly house enforcers or farmers. Not what you intended I'm sure.

I really like the AI worlds, although they get to be too time consuming. Player versus players worlds are intense when they start, but they slow down after the first age most of the time to be farming with a few brief periods of killing the upstarts, lol.
Kaitar

Re: AI world game play

Post by Kaitar »

and it might be nice if only 1/3 of the wolf attacks were captures and the rest razes - eliminates the inactive players yet doesn't make cleaning up the wolf castles a massive task .
WaywardChampion

Re: AI world game play

Post by WaywardChampion »

What I would suggest is to limit the AI timed attacks to 1 village per day.

It seemed like I would have to start over every day simply because the wolf would capture all but one of my villages every time I logged off for an evening.

I wouldn't even have time to get a decent castle built first, and capturing the AI castles didn't work very well because even the castles with the bombards had pathetic build designs that I would have to completely remake.

Also FF needs to fix the issue with the Invasion armies ability to attack my villages with timed attacks even after I had placed ID on them and BEFORE any indication of an imminent attack on that village was apparent.

For that matter, if I am online during a timed attack, I should be able to quickly place ID on my village to limit the number of attacking armies, just as I would be able to do if the wolf was a player. I wasn't able to do this on Heretic.

Simply put, if the wolf is going to use player tactics, then he should be limited to using the exact some set of rules as a player, at least in regards to when it is and is not allowed to make attacks.

Return to “Feedback”