Marathon Map

If you’d like to give us feedback on Stronghold Kingdoms please do so here.
Auruby

Marathon Map

Post by Auruby »

I was one of the first players to give feedback that resulted in the Domination maps. Now I'm craving the opposite. The mots exquisite thing about the game is the anticipation of the complexity of the research tree.

What I propose is vastly extend the long-term gaming feel of this. Create a map called Marathon or Epic or something like that. Make things go in slow-motion, where this anticipate of choice of what to research is excruciatingly slow.

The big appeal of SHK has always been that's it's a long-term team strategy game; that can go on for months. Let's have that experience in its true form. Let's not have a world where people can card to Prince in mere days, and let's make an experience where things go MUCH more slowly.

1- Cap the ability of players to level too quickly in one day, maybe max of 3 Bubbles a day of a rank.
2- Extend the honor required to reach ranks, by at least 5x.
3- Make 40 houses instead of 20, with factions of 15 players instead of 20.
4- Make everything slower - scouts, traders, armies, everything.
5- Extend the number of research points needed to fully upgrade each research - instead of 10 - make it 20.
(make buying research points considerably LESS expensive to counter-balance this)

6- Create incentives where super-alliances of houses is discouraged (this is a major flaw in the game design).
7- Now this is very important for this map, so listen carefully. Add more skills to the research tree - new kinds of religion and different "blessings" they can give. Both buffs for armies and buffs for trading and the like. The research tree is the best thing about this game, so make it even more complex and fantastic.
8- Create a better friend referral program where inviting friends gives you card packs.

9- Make Captain have actual personalities, that can be fostered with experience. Captains could each have 3-5 skills and gain new ones with experience. They could be minor buffs, but fun and give the army some personality.

THIS is how to save this game. Make everything much much slower, this is a map I'd want to play.

Return to “Feedback”