It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:33 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Everybody read. 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 am
Posts: 42
Post Everybody read.
There is an ongoing issue with SHK and it's really impacted the progress of this game we all love.

I will never stop playing this game and supporting it, but they removed something in which added the best excitement to this game and we need to get it back.

Raze.

Being able to only raze at Prince is very frustrating as it takes average 100 days for most players to reach this, of course there was some abuse with razing players but there are other ways to make it fun again instead of just removing it for all who are not a Prince.

Here's an idea, why not make it available for players at Knight rank and above with a higher cost of honour..or how about make a cap of razing one player per rank.... There's a cap on Faith Points so why not try a cap for razes? (also would add competition in the leaderboards as everybody would not want to waste a raze ability.

Point being, it'll add excitement to this game and surely give more reasons to buy crowns.

I hope I'm not just going on about an issue that only I believe in, but hopefully the dev's can check this and maybe even make a vote with few options and have the players chose what we prefer rather than just implement the rule and make us deal with it.

Were a community, we should be able to act like it :)


Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:03 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:21 pm
Posts: 10
Post Re: Everybody read.
I am playing with the new rules now and find it very upsetting, that were in a war and basically I can not join the fight. Been waiting almost 3 days for a lower level to take a village; another player 2 days to open a slot so he could take a village just so I could move into area and fight. So now I have 2 slots available need one to get to the area, can do one capture and my wad is blown. Now I get to sit and do nothing until someone can take a village from me. At least let us raze at earl or baron. This really sucks, and if I did not have so much time invested I would have already left the world.. This is no fun! No FUN!... I am a fighter not a farmer. I can live with the huge flag requirement and the fps caps, but I cant live with just watching the fight and farming. At least let me abandon twice a day...

No fun watching! Been playing a long time, but if this is it, there has to be something else I can play were I don't get stuck just watching.

Please DO SOMETHING! I am not alone.. I wont last much longer in this world, before I give up watching only!


Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:06 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:01 pm
Posts: 7
Post Re: Everybody read.
firefly do not respond to issues about cheating, multi accounts or the imbalance of the game now with russ only super houses the norm.
they will not force players to play only 1 account as per there own FIRST RULE! oh there was one time firefly said they investigated and found no evidence of cheating when the russian only house won a glory round in 1 day on E1 server. and now this unfair situation has made many more players start to use alts than before.
many players i know are now openly using multiple accounts and do not hide them from me.
the cheating is common knowledge among players, but denied among the bankers who receive our money for crowns lol

how is it the community knows about the cheating, but firefly dont?

PROFIT, thats why.
cheats give them more money. cheats make alts, buy them crowns from their main account, both accounts get crowns.
fair player buys crowns for his own account, gets half the crowns to play with that a cheat gets.
if a cheats alt gets caught he still gets the crowns he paid for on his main account!! lol this system is here to empower cheating, not discourage it.

theres so many interesting ways this game could go if it was rebalanced. Now most servers are won before age 1 is over - this game is paid for by its community, we deserve some balance in the game to give everyone equal chance for fun. Other MMO games develop their games and make changes to encourage balance and competition, this game now seems to encourage imbalance and one sided pointless situations. Every server in the last 2 years i see players being drowned out with endless alt faith, players who are excellent fighters and with lots of time just moving to the next server hoping there wont be a 'russian only' super house to kill the game in day 60 lol

its disgusting, i think we should talk to trading standards about how players are being defrauded their money by being given terms and conditions that are simply ignored by the developers. 1 account per player is RULE 1!!!! some players follow the rules and others make personal profit by breaking them and the dev team gets more profit by ignoring the cheating.

Some of my good freinds in game are also russian, they my mates i love them, i have no hatred for any nation and anyone who knows me knows this is true. i play with players from all over the earth, this is why i play the game. So dont take me as a russ hater, i dont hate anyone because of where they were born. One of my best russian freinds has been using multi's for years and thinks im crazy for being against it - and openly told me in the thread that im the fool for not getting away with it like they are. i have this in a thread in game, with the whole russian leadership in it, and not 1 of them thinks im right to complain about their cheating. to the core russian playerbase, using multis is as normal as building castles.

This game has become cheat filled, imbalanced and unfair to anyone who wants to play 1 account, and is now simply taking money fraudulently from players whilst not enforcing the terms and conditions they give the player base when we give them our hared earned cash.
1 account per player!!


Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:38 pm
Posts: 544
Post Re: Everybody read.
Beelingus wrote:
firefly do not respond to issues about cheating, multi accounts or the imbalance of the game now with russ only super houses the norm.
they will not force players to play only 1 account as per there own FIRST RULE! oh there was one time firefly said they investigated and found no evidence of cheating when the russian only house won a glory round in 1 day on E1 server. and now this unfair situation has made many more players start to use alts than before.
many players i know are now openly using multiple accounts and do not hide them from me.
the cheating is common knowledge among players, but denied among the bankers who receive our money for crowns lol

how is it the community knows about the cheating, but firefly dont?

PROFIT, thats why.
cheats give them more money. cheats make alts, buy them crowns from their main account, both accounts get crowns.
fair player buys crowns for his own account, gets half the crowns to play with that a cheat gets.
if a cheats alt gets caught he still gets the crowns he paid for on his main account!! lol this system is here to empower cheating, not discourage it.

theres so many interesting ways this game could go if it was rebalanced. Now most servers are won before age 1 is over - this game is paid for by its community, we deserve some balance in the game to give everyone equal chance for fun. Other MMO games develop their games and make changes to encourage balance and competition, this game now seems to encourage imbalance and one sided pointless situations. Every server in the last 2 years i see players being drowned out with endless alt faith, players who are excellent fighters and with lots of time just moving to the next server hoping there wont be a 'russian only' super house to kill the game in day 60 lol

its disgusting, i think we should talk to trading standards about how players are being defrauded their money by being given terms and conditions that are simply ignored by the developers. 1 account per player is RULE 1!!!! some players follow the rules and others make personal profit by breaking them and the dev team gets more profit by ignoring the cheating.

Some of my good freinds in game are also russian, they my mates i love them, i have no hatred for any nation and anyone who knows me knows this is true. i play with players from all over the earth, this is why i play the game. So dont take me as a russ hater, i dont hate anyone because of where they were born. One of my best russian freinds has been using multi's for years and thinks im crazy for being against it - and openly told me in the thread that im the fool for not getting away with it like they are. i have this in a thread in game, with the whole russian leadership in it, and not 1 of them thinks im right to complain about their cheating. to the core russian playerbase, using multis is as normal as building castles.

This game has become cheat filled, imbalanced and unfair to anyone who wants to play 1 account, and is now simply taking money fraudulently from players whilst not enforcing the terms and conditions they give the player base when we give them our hared earned cash.
1 account per player!!


100% THIS!

Players no longer hide it because they know they aren't likely to be penalized for it. If they do happen to get banned it's often temporary. They just lie and say "that's my little brother's account or my roommate". And if by chance they DO actually ban an account, instead of banning the main accounts, they ban the alt . . . which is usually NOT where the bulk of their crowns, cards and time have been invested. If they'd start banning the main accounts and enacting stiffer penalties, I think it would do much more to curb the cheating.

But as you say . . . FF seems uninterested in enforcing their own rules and only concerned with making the most money at the expense of the players.

_________________
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .


Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:32 am
Posts: 12
Post Re: Everybody read.
MiladySkye wrote:
But as you say . . . FF seems uninterested in enforcing their own rules and only concerned with making the most money at the expense of the players.


Note: I am not a moderator anymore. Take my words below as someone that has worked with the developers and played with many, many, many cheaters

You guys have to understand how they check for cheaters to fully grasp how difficult it is to get "concrete" evidence.

First thing is you have to realize everything is logged.

You scouted that stash? Logged. Sent a monk? Logged. etc......

But as far as I know it has mac address, and ip address logging so if someone from the same computer logs into both accounts you should be able to see. Now this is not entirely foolproof, with the way technology has grown and become readily available it has made cheating easier.

I have known people to have multiple instances of a VM and multiple VPNs (from different countries even) in order to cheat. One guy I knew had a 4 screen monitor setup and could be on all of those accounts at once.

Even with me reporting them they were not banned. Why you ask? Well in the logs it did not show consistencies that would have lead to multi accounting. The player was logging into and playing each at different times of the day (to reflect the country timezone) and would only do major actions on the accounts when provoked... which in SHK could mean someone texted you while you were sleeping or something.

Firefly cares about cheaters, but they also care about their community and would not just go around banning all the people for multi accounting. Many instances where someone thinks they have multiple accounts it is just 2 friends coordinating. I have been called a cheater for having more than one account multiple times but really I just coordinated with people.

And to end it, Firefly does not care how much money you spent on the game or even how much you WILL spend. I have seen people that have spent over $10,000 banned for breaking this rule or that... Even a few have been banned for multi accounting, because if they can prove you broke any of the rules you will be banned. Multi accounting sucks, but so does having to manage more than one account (most times in a warzone.) If a person is managing more than 1 account in SHK you should pity them for being so horrible at the game they needed a buddy account to compliment their horribleness.

:)

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:38 pm
Posts: 544
Post Re: Everybody read.
Dru. wrote:
MiladySkye wrote:
But as you say . . . FF seems uninterested in enforcing their own rules and only concerned with making the most money at the expense of the players.


Note: I am not a moderator anymore. Take my words below as someone that has worked with the developers and played with many, many, many cheaters

You guys have to understand how they check for cheaters to fully grasp how difficult it is to get "concrete" evidence.

First thing is you have to realize everything is logged.

You scouted that stash? Logged. Sent a monk? Logged. etc......

But as far as I know it has mac address, and ip address logging so if someone from the same computer logs into both accounts you should be able to see. Now this is not entirely foolproof, with the way technology has grown and become readily available it has made cheating easier.

I have known people to have multiple instances of a VM and multiple VPNs (from different countries even) in order to cheat. One guy I knew had a 4 screen monitor setup and could be on all of those accounts at once.

Even with me reporting them they were not banned. Why you ask? Well in the logs it did not show consistencies that would have lead to multi accounting. The player was logging into and playing each at different times of the day (to reflect the country timezone) and would only do major actions on the accounts when provoked... which in SHK could mean someone texted you while you were sleeping or something.

Firefly cares about cheaters, but they also care about their community and would not just go around banning all the people for multi accounting. Many instances where someone thinks they have multiple accounts it is just 2 friends coordinating. I have been called a cheater for having more than one account multiple times but really I just coordinated with people.

And to end it, Firefly does not care how much money you spent on the game or even how much you WILL spend. I have seen people that have spent over $10,000 banned for breaking this rule or that... Even a few have been banned for multi accounting, because if they can prove you broke any of the rules you will be banned. Multi accounting sucks, but so does having to manage more than one account (most times in a warzone.) If a person is managing more than 1 account in SHK you should pity them for being so horrible at the game they needed a buddy account to compliment their horribleness.

:)


Thank you for taking the time to give that comprehensive and considered response.

I will apologise for some of my caustic comments regarding FF's unwillingness to deal with certain cheaters. I have had players who cheated with alt accounts tell me directly that their accounts are not banned because of the amount of money they spend on the game and who bragged about the fact that they could get away with it, so I didn't just grab that notion out of the air. But I'm also aware that there are corrupt people all over the place (some of which may work at FF) who are willing to turn a blind eye, overlook a broken rule or remain willfully ignorant in order to do a favour for a friend . . . or just to be a douche. Moderators/politicians/people in general are only as good as their integrity and honesty. Human beings have never failed to disappoint me with the depths to which they are willing to sink to get ahead/get rich/win. It is utterly astounding. One can only hope that a triple helping of karma is dished up to them eventually.

That being said, I'm occasionally surprised by the decency and honour that some people manage to maintain in spite of swimming in a cesspool of swindlers, cheaters, grifters and thieves.

_________________
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .


Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:32 am
Posts: 12
Post Re: Everybody read.
MiladySkye wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to give that comprehensive and considered response.

I will apologise for some of my caustic comments regarding FF's unwillingness to deal with certain cheaters. I have had players who cheated with alt accounts tell me directly that their accounts are not banned because of the amount of money they spend on the game and who bragged about the fact that they could get away with it, so I didn't just grab that notion out of the air. But I'm also aware that there are corrupt people all over the place (some of which may work at FF) who are willing to turn a blind eye, overlook a broken rule or remain willfully ignorant in order to do a favour for a friend . . . or just to be a douche. Moderators/politicians/people in general are only as good as their integrity and honesty. Human beings have never failed to disappoint me with the depths to which they are willing to sink to get ahead/get rich/win. It is utterly astounding. One can only hope that a triple helping of karma is dished up to them eventually.

That being said, I'm occasionally surprised by the decency and honour that some people manage to maintain in spite of swimming in a cesspool of swindlers, cheaters, grifters and thieves.


I will tell you that when I was still in daily contact with the community managers and developers none of them were corrupt. Not a single person I know at FF would allow cheaters to exist because they paid big money or they personally offered to pay them money. Most times they laughed, as did we when they showed us the message of people admitting guilt and expecting a free pass for spending money. $0, $100, $10,000 it does not matter because rules are rules. If someone said that FF sanctioned their multiple accounts, they are 100% lying, actually it may be closer to 200%.

Humans are flawed, but luckily we have people at firefly that stick by the rules. P2W is rampant but that is a given with any F2P game. Rules are in place to combat cheating but unless they can find 100% proof there is nothing they can do about it. Plus, I have known big spenders that got banned for using multiple accounts or sharing their login while on vacation (pre vacation mode) and all they did was start another account and spent even more. Allowing people to cheat or pay to win is not good for any game because it will die out even quicker once people realize.

Unlike other games similar to SHK, this game can combat P2W pretty hard. It is frustrating at times but it is possible... you just need to be very active. I wish an admin would reply here but it would most likely be a cookie cutter response to send a support ticket or something. Either way, know that FF is not allowing cheaters because it is profitable(they open new worlds to be profitable)... Cheaters exist because they are fooling FF as well.

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:38 pm
Posts: 544
Post Re: Everybody read.
This is the response I got to a ticket I submitted 3 days ago . . .

https://prntscr.com/i6b9yu

I mean seriously . . . :roll: . . . It's a British-based company for crying out loud. It doesn't take a genius to see the ticket was submitted by an English-speaking person. I don't live in Germany so there's no reason for them to have responded in German unless they're either grossly inefficient, completely clueless or are being childish and completely unprofessional by trolling certain players who criticise them on the forums.

Whatever the reason, it's classic evidence that FF's responses to players' concerns, complaints and issues don't seem to be taken seriously given that they are nothing more than computer generated/cookie cutter responses (and in the wrong language, no less). It makes one wonder if an actual person even bothers to read, much less investigate, most of the tickets at all.

_________________
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .


Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:32 am
Posts: 12
Post Re: Everybody read.
MiladySkye wrote:
This is the response I got to a ticket I submitted 3 days ago . . .

https://prntscr.com/i6b9yu

I mean seriously . . . :roll: . . . It's a British-based company for crying out loud. It doesn't take a genius to see the ticket was submitted by an English-speaking person. I don't live in Germany so there's no reason for them to have responded in German unless they're either grossly inefficient, completely clueless or are being childish and completely unprofessional by trolling certain players who criticise them on the forums.

Whatever the reason, it's classic evidence that FF's responses to players' concerns, complaints and issues don't seem to be taken seriously given that they are nothing more than computer generated/cookie cutter responses (and in the wrong language, no less). It makes one wonder if an actual person even bothers to read, much less investigate, most of the tickets at all.


Lord Dilligent is one of the German support members as well. I could probably tell you exactly what happened... That response is a cookie cutter one and it is probably just a response that happens when they open the ticket. Ever notice you usually get emails from support tickets acknowledging it has been opened? This is FF’s version of that. So Lord Dilligent was answering German support tickets with his language for the module on German (he speaks German so does not notice the difference) and starts sorting through English support tickets. He opens yours and because his language is in German still it sends the automated response in German.

It sucks it happened but I am sure if you respond in English confused they may respond more cordially. With reporting multi accounts I have noticed they never respond with a human response. But there is nothing wrong with that either. Their findings are their own.

_________________
Image


Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:27 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 am
Posts: 42
Post Re: Everybody read.
XRed_RavenX wrote:
Quote:
Game Rule
5. Players sharing an Internet Connection.
Players who are sharing the same connection should not trade or reinforce each other. Nor should they capture each others villages. The game will automatically detect if you are on the same connection and limit what can be done.
If you are using a shared connection, which uses the same public IP address for all players on this connection, you will be unable to perform certain actions. Shared IPs will happen if players are on the same network, i.e. people in the same house/office.
These actions are:
· Voting for or by influencing with monks in an election, players on the same connection.
· Making a vassal or becoming a liege lord to players on the same connection.
· Reinforcing players on the same connection
· Using monks (Interdict, Absolution and Excommunicate) on players on the same connection.
· Trading with players on the same connection.
· Attacking the same common target (humans only) as players on the same connection.
It's possible that people on the same ISP with dynamic IPs may get the same IP.
Players with a Premium Token in play are not subject to this IP restriction.



You can see here that not only did FireFly encourage cheating they did it along time ago. “Players with a Premium Token in play are not subject to this IP restriction” You would have to be totally out your mind to say this is not pay to cheat.

Cheaters pay more, there for FF encourages it and has done so for a long time now. The only thing that has changed is they did ban on report, and now they don’t.

But like stated already no one cares, as they never seem to close their main accounts. It’s a total Green light to cheat, this is a very old issue that has still yet to be dealt with.

I think that due to the new App they can’t even track IP, the devices linking to every thing you come in contact with. You go to a friend’s house he plays SHK you are on your phone, you see the problem they have now.


That is something I fear!!

Because I play on mobile and when I'm home hanging out I'll go on pc but if I am on the go while playing mobile and I'm using WiFi at my friends or whatever and if he plays the game too will that effect me and make me look like a cheater?

Players can use mobile data and I'm guessing no way to track them this way but I find that it's a really delicate situation and FF kind of needs help from the community to identify these cheaters and such rather than just trying to ban everybody and make it unfair for those who actually do try to play fairly.

There's easier ways to avoid this though.


Many players have suggested this and I think it's time FireFly takes this idea seriously :

Make a free to play world with NO cards and NO tokens and NO crowns.

How would u pay to keep an alt active at that point? U can't.
Also would stop big spenders from winning a world easily, I'm a big spender at times but I would love to play on a free world with NO cards or tokens or crowns because that would be the most challenging and intense world that would ever have been created.

If firefly fears they would lose money because of this server then that's just silly because there's loopholes around that like not making the world last as long as the others and once server is over it'll automatically open a new server which will offer a bonus for all players who buy crowns to receive 50-60% more crowns as a reward for winning this server..... As silly as that may sound..... Players spend no matter what so I don't think would make a difference but it would definitely help encourage players to play on that free world and to try and finish it quickly!

If u have any power remaining with the firefly team please try to have them check this thread.

Or ask them to make a thread where it asks.. WHAT DOES THE COMMUNITY WANT US TO DO

:)


Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:29 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.