Unit placement broken

This forum is for bugs, crash reports and error messages encountered when attempting to install or run the game.
Markhanius

Unit placement broken

Post by Markhanius »

First Unit, or group of units that I put on ground just stick there. I can't move them, and can't undo them.
Not major issue, but fix please.
Lord Friendly

Re: Unit placement broken

Post by Lord Friendly »

Are you clicking on the Modify, Army icon and using the undo option on the left panel (above revert and save) ?

If you have saved the Army you can click on Modify, Army icon then select the troops and click on Remove in the bottom left corner.
Valhallas

Post by Valhallas »

@LordFriendly

Do u guys have game testers ? People who test the update before releasing them
.and test on mobile phone instead of on PC software ? Because if there was u guys would have noticed that u cannot aim catapults anymore nor the arrow volley from captain tactics as well as u are able to move units from enemy castle, even though doesnt effect their layout it ruins ur formations and when u press to place troops down itll automatically think u are editing and move a group of troops including catapults and group them all together and ruins ur formation

Very tedious and annoying when trying to time armies...always need to work around bugs and glitches in this game it doesnt make sense....
Lord Friendly

Post by Lord Friendly »

We are not seeing the issues mentioned. What device/model are you using ?

Catapults - Selecting a Catapult displays the green attack circle. I can select this circle and move it around. If I select a group of Catapults and move the green circle, the circle displays as one green circle.

Captain Arrow Volley - Working the same way as the Catapult targeting. We can move the green circle around, after the Captain has been selected with no issues.

Formations - Unsure what you mean in your description. We are moving groups of troops and Catapults without seeing an issue.

If you would like to create some videos to demonstrate the issues you are having we can look into this. It maybe possible they are device/model specific issues or perhaps resolution/scaling problems.
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

I can replicate the issue and continued to offer to help and log bugs again on the bug site....you know where to find me.
Lord Friendly

Post by Lord Friendly »

Please could you create a seperate video demonstrating exactly how to recreate each issues and we will look into them.
Valhallas

Post by Valhallas »

Lord Friendly wrote:Please could you create a seperate video demonstrating exactly how to recreate each issues and we will look into them.

There is another major issue

So a player attacked me with 4 captain armies and failed each one..when u look at the reports all troops died....but his last report says successful attack and he was allowed to keep few troops and a captain even though when u look at the report u cam clearly watch ALL his troops die in the battle yet instead of it saying successful defence and him not having troops returning it says successful attack and he has some returning

Makes absolutely no sense and I have never ever seen this bug but it is unfair that a player can keep his troops after they die in battle yet the defender still suffers all losses
MjKit

Post by MjKit »

it's about one month maybe more i don't remember when you "improved" the troops placement but seems you never tried it, it's pretty funny that you can move enemy troops when you attack, even oil pots, sometimes you select your troops to move them and it move the nearby enemy archers too
the presets works BAD, it's very difficult to make some changes as you can see in the video it's all by chance

playstronghold.com

let's see this video, i place troops, then i press undo, undo undo undo and it remove the enemy troops :lol:
then for some reason i try to move some pikemen and it move the enemy archers with them :lol:

playstronghold.com

and just to point out, it's really ridiculous that in 20 years that stronghold exists you haven't yet been able to make a DECENT ai, this stuff was already ridiculous in the very first stronghold, we're in 2019

playstronghold.com

it's enough or do you need more videos?
i tried to play this mobile crap again and after two years this game still in working with so much glitches that you don't know where to start, so i see two possibilities:

1: developers are totally incompetent
2: firefly don't care anything to do something that works fine cause there aren't games like stronghold

i hope for your intelligence that is the second option because there are glitches that are so evident that it is impossible not to notice them and all experienced players will say you the same things maybe with more insults cause some of them spent a lot of money in this game (now the question is, who is the stupid?)
Markhanius

Post by Markhanius »

Thanks MjKit.
Your videos present part of problem very clearly.
Now they can't ask you stupid questions like: "Did you press this or that button", trying to make you look noob and sweep the problem under the rug.. Like we wait first glitch to come here and complain. Of course I pressed every * button, tried many options and ways to compensate problem before posting on forum!

Return to “Technical Help”