Changes to the Era Worlds

Important announcements and patch notes related to the iOS and Android versions will be posted here.
Forum rules
Please do not Start any New Topics in this Forum.

This Forum is only to be used for News Posts related to updates and any other topics will be removed.
Lord Alacrity

Changes to the Era Worlds

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We released the update today with the following changes which effect ALL present and future Era Worlds:

• Reduced flag costs for parish buildings to be closer to Age system
• Increased the honor costs to ransack players
• Reduced the rank required to raze from 22 (Prince) to Earl (19) to be closer to the Age system
• Rebalanced glory for EU worlds to make them last a bit longer. 25% more Glory required to win each round.
• Rebalanced glory for GC/GR worlds to make them last a bit longer. 2x Glory required to win each round.

We have done this in response to the feedback we have received from the community. We have altered the Era system so that it includes all the aspects of the Age system that the players enjoyed, without the negative experiences of server downtime and faction dissolution that the Age system required.
Priest Guardian

Re: Changes to the Era Worlds

Post by Priest Guardian »

Overall I think this was a great improvement

The speed of era ages is nice, keeps things fresh and not locked in a rut where a victor is decided and having to wait 8 months for the age to finish

Thanks Firefly for these improvements. My favorite is the decreased Ballista flag requirement as it is a requirement in my opinion for village defense against AI and player attacks with catapults. I hope many players will now be able to acquire the flags to get this in their parishes
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
JayGraff

Post by JayGraff »

I play on a MacBook. Why am I now forced to play as if I am on a mobile device? The mobile app is only good for checking-in to ID or read messages. Now, to do simple, everyday things it is 10x harder. This will make me quit if I can't go back to the desktop version for Mac. :(
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

I agree with Jay, only reason you would have done this is to save your self something to keep updated, but the mobile app still has way too many bugs, mails still doesn't work right, notice the GR worlds are still dead because it is so bad....and I use it every day....and have since the beta. Why are issues I razed then still not fixed? There are issues when trading where half the time instead of sending the traders it backs out to the choose items screen, managing factions and houses is bad, when I look at my castle, half the troops don't show, when watching an attack, half the troops don't show. Not having the ability to save the castle and army formations makes it impossible to play unless you make every village the same, which is bad strategy, but that is all you can do with the stored formations....not being able to see all troops in a castle means you can't really attack affectively, setting up in the attack screens is nearly impossible unless you use formations every time, if you try to send a new mail by clicking on a village instead of going into mail and choosing new mail and then typing someone's name, it sends the mail to the last thread instead of a new one. This is tough because I don't always have the keyboard characters to type some players names....

Shall I go on with the problems? Put the mac client back please.

Oh and the stupid advisors keep resetting, can you fix that too while you are at it?
JayGraff

Post by JayGraff »

And now every time I go into a village, castle, try to attack anything the program completely freezes up and I have to force quit the program. I literally can only stare at the map. If I try anything else it freezes.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

JayGraff wrote:And now every time I go into a village, castle, try to attack anything the program completely freezes up and I have to force quit the program. I literally can only stare at the map. If I try anything else it freezes.
If you submit a ticket to support with info about your machine and the problems you're experiencing we'd be happy to help.
trickthat wrote:mails still doesn't work right
This just isn't enough information to track down the issue you are talking about. However, today we fixed a bug with mail which would only happen if a player would reply to a thread and then try to send a normal mail.

trickthat wrote:Shall I go on with the problems?
Please do, just be sure to give us a clear, detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, what the expected behavior is, and how we can replicate it. We really would like to solve the issues you encounter, but we will need some help from the players too. :)
JayGraff

Post by JayGraff »

I just want to know why I am being forced to play the mobile version on my laptop? The mobile version is an inadequate version if you actually want to play the game.
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

Lord Alacrity wrote:
JayGraff wrote:And now every time I go into a village, castle, try to attack anything the program completely freezes up and I have to force quit the program. I literally can only stare at the map. If I try anything else it freezes.
If you submit a ticket to support with info about your machine and the problems you're experiencing we'd be happy to help.
trickthat wrote:mails still doesn't work right
This just isn't enough information to track down the issue you are talking about. However, today we fixed a bug with mail which would only happen if a player would reply to a thread and then try to send a normal mail.

trickthat wrote:Shall I go on with the problems?
Please do, just be sure to give us a clear, detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, what the expected behavior is, and how we can replicate it. We really would like to solve the issues you encounter, but we will need some help from the players too. :)
I reported these errors during the beta and they still aren't fixed...they are all logged....
Mail: go to a village and select the owner and try to mail him.....it will add the message to the last thread viewed instead of the guy you sent the message to, so if you are trying to mail a friend and say something about the enemy you just chatted you end up telling your secrets to your enemy instead of your friend....
I try to view a battle on my ipad and it freezes and has to be restarted I get this weird colored screen
Setting the default monk ability going to a parish as id instead of votes is idiotic and painful
Need a confirmation before deleting things....the buttons are so close together usually you don't mean to delete but you still do...at least you fixed this on parish buildings...that was getting really annoying.
Monks only show when zoomed in so it's hard to find monks on the map
Captains usually do not do what you tell them to do unless you are using a formation....but you can't build formations well if you don't have the PC version....and now mac users are screwed too.
army attacks don't show chronologically
when building a parish army, after exiting it won't stay on that parish, you have to go back select again and hope it stays then go find the village to attack
scouting an enemy village on pc you can then view castle even if id'd...in mobile they added the view castle button but it still won't let you view if it is id'd
when monking for votes, you can't see what votes are there unless you are in the parish or county...
I could go on for days....give back the mac people their normal client please before they all start quitting...and then fix the client before you open gr3, gr1 and 2 are dead enough already since noone wants to use the client except for iding villages
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

and once again the stupid advisors reset...
I select the parish, I click village and it takes me to the village instead of the parish
can't delete all of anything in a castle
If I use a castle formation and I have too many barracks, I can't delete some of the ones I just put down and so it fails///
on and on and on
trickthat

Post by trickthat »

I have hundreds of formations on my pc for attacking but that isn't practical on mobile....
I can't effectively move troops around or select groups in the attack screen
undo isn't the same as multi select and remove as it only goes in reverse order and also doesn't work well with formations....
You put the buttons on the load formation in the opposite direction as on the normal client....on the pc set formation is on the left on mobile it is in the middle. There is also auto upload to server which really sucks because I often don't want to load a formation I'm using temp to the server....on pc you can choose when to upload, or relog in order to reset the saved formations

Return to “News”