SHK has lost it's entertainment value for Deke

USA 4 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Re: SHK has lost it's entertainment value for Deke

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Global Conflict 3 was announced with ERA rules. Firefly refuses to admit that the ERA ruleset was a mistake and instead views them as an "evolution".

As of this moment TeamSpeak servers all over the globe are active with off-world political blocks deciding where to spawn their player initial villages, which Houses to lock down, and who will be the designated Ransackers during the first month of play.

I need to motivate myself to start a village on this server just to record how quickly 60 players reach page and lock up every house on the map.

December 7th (Pearl Harbor day) is an appropriate day for this most current disaster to launch.

- Deke
WaywardChampion

Post by WaywardChampion »

I don't know how anybody else feels about a new GC era world, but I can say for certain that neither I nor the 25+ players from my group that haven't completely abandoned SHK as a result of FF's mishandling of these "Era" rules, will NOT be starting on GC3 unless some major changes to these rules have been implemented.

In fact, I doubt that I will want to continue playing SHK at all.

For FF to ignore their existing players overwhelmingly negative feedback and open new worlds under these Era rules, just shows us all the kind of contempt they must feel for us.

This seems such a bad decision on their part that I cant help but wonder if their management are deliberately trying to alienate their player base and run FF into receivership. If that was not the intent of this decision, then it will surely be the result.
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

We're naturally sorry to hear that you feel this way. As we have in the past, we always invite constructive criticism.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Open a new world with an AGE ruleset. You can modify the end of game awards. - Deke
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

As explained elsewhere, we simply cannot launch new worlds that use the Age system. This seems like a wonderfully simple solution, but it is not. Other than nostalgia, I'm not sure why players would clamor for the Age system. Reading back through the feedback from the Ages when they launched, they were met with as much criticism, if not more, than the Era rules. Not only that but each Age change required considerable server downtime and relied on several members of the team to manually service various functions of the changeover, which also meant that any rounds which ended on weekends or holidays would lead to a "dead time" between rounds. This was ok when there were 3 worlds, but with so many gameworlds and a small team, it is simply not a feasible way for us to continue.

While I'm glad you think so highly of the Age system, I hope you'll take this opportunity to give useful feedback on what elements of it that the Era system lacks.
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

In the words of the late great Bruce Lee

Be like water

I personally conform to what is placed before me, yes I may not like all the new rules but I still love this game and always admired Firefly Studios staying true to themselves. I know they are moving forward and making changes as they see fit

All good to me, I am ready to play GC3 and look me up in North England on the map, as long as I can meet some good people(which this game is easy to do) . Maybe I can make a strong go of it and get hooked once again :)
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
boo kid777

Post by boo kid777 »

The era system is not all bad i generally agree with the new faith point rules as someone cant have an insane amount of fp's and low level accounts cant id princes. In saying that almost every player i know agrees that the new flag costs and reduced faction sizes are among the worst changes imo they are even worse then the cant raze till prince rule. I really dont see why at the very least the flag costs cant go back to the way they were 40 flags for ballistas is just way too much and why the factions cant at least go back to 40 players. You used to be able to have 10 factions with 40 members each now you can have 5 factions 20 members each. Its just to much of a reduction it causes many people to be left out of a house as a neutral and noone likes playing as a neutral not in a house as it just makes you a target for everyone. Really hope some of these changes get implemented thought at least some changes would have been made for gloabal 3 but guess not

Return to “USA World 4 Lounge (Closed)”