Got kicked out of a faction cause I was "inactive"

USA 4 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
RedHawk7

Got kicked out of a faction cause I was "inactive"

Post by RedHawk7 »

Moron newb called Philc67 kicked me out of a faction cause I have "low points" and I was "inactive". What that moron doesn't realize is that we are just 10 days in, I'm building up my research to grow faster in the late game, so I'm not putting my castle with towers and I'm building a decent village (not flooding it with apple orchards and breweries). Even though I'm scouting all the resources stashes, sending carts every hour and answering mail I'm still "inactive".

Logic.

I just realize that those sort of people card a lot in early game, then get into a war with a weak * faction, crash and burn and stop playing. I see that happened in EU4 with the first faction I joined, and I will probably see it again...
MiladySkye

Re: Got kicked out of a faction cause I was "inactive"

Post by MiladySkye »

RedHawk7 wrote:Moron newb called Philc67 kicked me out of a faction cause I have "low points" and I was "inactive". What that moron doesn't realize is that we are just 10 days in, I'm building up my research to grow faster in the late game, so I'm not putting my castle with towers and I'm building a decent village (not flooding it with apple orchards and breweries). Even though I'm scouting all the resources stashes, sending carts every hour and answering mail I'm still "inactive".

Logic.

I just realize that those sort of people card a lot in early game, then get into a war with a weak * faction, crash and burn and stop playing. I see that happened in EU4 with the first faction I joined, and I will probably see it again...
There are quite a few players who put stipulations on joining their factions, like having a certain rank, number of points or activity. While I can see the reasoning behind this and wanting players who are dedicated to a particular map (which is demonstrated by those things) they often set the bar/goals so high that they can't be achieved without moderate to heavy carding. Fair enough, I suppose, if they want to fill a faction or house with heavy carders but it does tend to leave a significant number of players in the dust and faction-less, particularly in a world where the faction and house size is so small.

You may have a difficult time finding a group of players that just wants to have a good time, build some friendships/camaraderie and hone their game skills . . . whether that means becoming a better fighter, defender, monker, supplier or learning how to manage the economy in their villages to build a strong parish. Chances are though, that even if you did find such a group they would get wiped out by a faction of Wallet Warriors, Bullies or Trolls who tend to prey on what they see as the "weaker players". There are even those who make it their life's ambition to get other players or their enemies to quit. I never saw the point in that myself, since (if they accomplished their goal) there would be no one to fight later on and their "team" would be the only ones left on the map to play Farmville, but whatever :roll:

A great many players are focused only on winning, which most would argue is the main purpose of the game. That may be true, but whatever happened to going out with friends and playing games not to necessarily win, but to have a good time in good company? I'm not saying winning shouldn't be the goal, I'm simply pointing out that it needn't be the ONLY goal and at the cost of sacrificing things like sportsmanship, fair play, inclusion and decency. Yeah, okay, I'm old . . . so society as a whole and the gaming community at large may have moved on from those kind of old-fashioned notions like sportmanship. :::sigh:::

Anyway, good luck to you. If you find the players in this game fall short of what you're looking for you can always take the advice of Robert Scott, which is, "This P2W game is dead. Try Illyriad." lol I hear the players are decent and helpful there. ;)
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

RedHawk7 wrote:Moron newb called Philc67 kicked me out of a faction cause I have "low points" and I was "inactive". What that moron doesn't realize is that we are just 10 days in, I'm building up my research to grow faster in the late game, so I'm not putting my castle with towers and I'm building a decent village (not flooding it with apple orchards and breweries). Even though I'm scouting all the resources stashes, sending carts every hour and answering mail I'm still "inactive".

Logic.

As someone who had to be a faction leader on EU4 for these era rules I can understand the notion of Philc kicking you. Era houses are very compact if someone isn't pulling their weight gotta give em the boot. Berserkers went over to EU4 started with 10 people "ok we'll have plenty of space to pick up randoms I guess" then all sudden everyone from our home world wanted to come over too, and I suddenly found myself in a situation of I have 20 spaces open and I have 40 people trying to fill those 20 spaces. Why should I leave someone out of house who's carding just as hard as our big players, meanwhile we have a player in our faction who is growing the slowest and not talking in threads or asking for any help despite us offering it many times.

The best solution we could come up with was we made a farming faction and anyone who wasn't growing very quickly or was very actively on the server we stuck in there

Especially if you are trying to join one of the major houses on the map, they won't let people sit there not growing quickly. If you want to be associated with one of the major houses, but don't want to card hard I suggest 1 of 2 things

1: Read davidspys guide to starting out a new world with no cards video series
2: Find a neutral faction associated with the house and join them
RedHawk7

Post by RedHawk7 »

Bglizard wrote:

Logic.

As someone who had to be a faction leader on EU4 for these era rules I can understand the notion of Philc kicking you. Era houses are very compact if someone isn't pulling their weight gotta give em the boot. Berserkers went over to EU4 started with 10 people "ok we'll have plenty of space to pick up randoms I guess" then all sudden everyone from our home world wanted to come over too, and I suddenly found myself in a situation of I have 20 spaces open and I have 40 people trying to fill those 20 spaces. Why should I leave someone out of house who's carding just as hard as our big players, meanwhile we have a player in our faction who is growing the slowest and not talking in threads or asking for any help despite us offering it many times.

The best solution we could come up with was we made a farming faction and anyone who wasn't growing very quickly or was very actively on the server we stuck in there

Especially if you are trying to join one of the major houses on the map, they won't let people sit there not growing quickly. If you want to be associated with one of the major houses, but don't want to card hard I suggest 1 of 2 things

1: Read davidspys guide to starting out a new world with no cards video series
2: Find a neutral faction associated with the house and join them

I started on EU4 in faction similar: They started to control territory too fast, went in to war with H1, House 1 kicked their asseses and I got to be reset and spawned in Spain. Thankfully, it only set me back 1 week of progress... And I'm not a carder (I use cards, obviously, but not at the extent of a heavy carder).

The thing that really annoys me is that this guy Philc said that this was his first time running a faction... And thinking that points are the only defining factor in who should stay or leave in a faction. And that is just moronic! Really, really, REALLY moronic! points early in the game are not a factor on activity or prowess on the game!

This game, after you play it countless of years, you realize is a game of attrition. If you rank up fast you become a target. If your faction is full of players who have a lot of points and is less than 20 days, they are probably investing in castle not constructed (easy prey). You can ransack and pillage them easily because they lack the research to maintain themselves passively and rely on cards, which, when they run out of cards, THEY WILL QUIT... So what's the big idea on having carders who, in most cases, will quit after 100 days and constant attacks? Won't you prefer to have players who are active, but taking their time to build themselves strong? You already hold county, and even if war is at your door you can hold them off with the rest of your house!

Also, having a sister faction is always important if you are growing too much, and is not that hard to put. Just pick 1 player who you trust and let him sort that out! I was the leader of a Sister faction in Global Conflict and it worked great for the long run! You could pick new people, train them, and when they were ready for war sent them to the faction. But not at day 10! Right now the guy picked people far from him but with points... That is dumb.

And I got in another faction, in another house, just 2 hours after he kicked me. But I get you saying that "they won't let people sit there not growing quickly", but, if you play the game a lot, you know that growing is actually time invested in research... Nothing else matters. You village can be tier 9, and have a weak * castle, with wooden walls and wooden towers, that even an alderman with 50 archers and 25 pikes can breach... or worse yet, have 5000 points in the leaderboard, but have a castle under construction that 10 peasants can waltz into the keep.
RedHawk7

Post by RedHawk7 »

MiladySkye wrote: You may have a difficult time finding a group of players that just wants to have a good time, build some friendships/camaraderie and hone their game skills . . . whether that means becoming a better fighter, defender, monker, supplier or learning how to manage the economy in their villages to build a strong parish. Chances are though, that even if you did find such a group they would get wiped out by a faction of Wallet Warriors, Bullies or Trolls who tend to prey on what they see as the "weaker players". There are even those who make it their life's ambition to get other players or their enemies to quit. I never saw the point in that myself, since (if they accomplished their goal) there would be no one to fight later on and their "team" would be the only ones left on the map to play Farmville, but whatever :roll:

A great many players are focused only on winning, which most would argue is the main purpose of the game. That may be true, but whatever happened to going out with friends and playing games not to necessarily win, but to have a good time in good company? I'm not saying winning shouldn't be the goal, I'm simply pointing out that it needn't be the ONLY goal and at the cost of sacrificing things like sportsmanship, fair play, inclusion and decency. Yeah, okay, I'm old . . . so society as a whole and the gaming community at large may have moved on from those kind of old-fashioned notions like sportmanship. :::sigh:::

Anyway, good luck to you. If you find the players in this game fall short of what you're looking for you can always take the advice of Robert Scott, which is, "This P2W game is dead. Try Illyriad." lol I hear the players are decent and helpful there. ;)

Lol! I know! I played World 4 for years, even after it went dead in the fourth age... My old faction was great. I'm not focused on winning, cause let's be honest! This game even if you pay to win you have to keep playing to even stay alive! And success is something that can change from one war to another... You can be the king of Ireland for a week and then get demoted to parish steward in a day. But I do like (and miss) that sense of "friendship" you get with a faction. The new era made that ALL house factions be WAR FACTIONS, and that sucks! sucks really hard!

I made a vow in EU4 to not capture any village/parrish from any neutral or houseless player! I prefer to buy a charter, make a villa from the ground up than to conquer a player who don't have any support from other players. It actually is pretty cool, cause you get more satisfaction to invest time in something than to just conquer (also I hate how some people build their villas! like, putting the brewery close to your resource pile?! I always ended up using a token just to move buildings around).

And I won't quit SHK, even with the crappy ruleset. I have no idea what that Illyriad game is, and I'm too lazy to even google it!
Red.Lupis

Post by Red.Lupis »

Well that explains alot of my curiosities. I happen to be in Philc's faction. Haven't been happy about it either lately.

Return to “USA World 4 Lounge (Closed)”