The new era system, does it help stop alts ?

USA 4 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
Bglizard

Re: The new era system, does it help stop alts ?

Post by Bglizard »

Pretty much 220 I remember trying to report cool zack at one point we had players who knew cool zack before he sold his account reporting him along with if you just read his threads from before age 4 then you read his threads after age 4 he was a completely different person, his IP likely moved locations from those 2 times we proved who was using him even got the person to admit it someone even said at one point they remember a thread of him trying to sell his account he's even went on the forums and bragged about it and a whole bunch of other crap we had spent weeks collecting just to prove it. All we got banned was his main account which had no resources or anything. cool zack account didn't even get a 24 hour ban

tried the same thing with daroo.salah (aka Sir. Maximillian which is his newest account now) we had reported it back when he was playing his account Oseka at the same time and nothing. We even at one point had him come into TS with 2 accounts and grabbed his IP and I further proved it that it was the same person. Even the shield design is pretty identical to old accounts he's used lol

and you wonder why I've given up trying to report alts lol we have practically written testimonies from players that they are alts and it does nothing we've proven it based on way they speak, their shield designs, their army formations/castle designs being identical, their IP being the same, showing at what point the account changed hands in cases of a sold account. I don't honestly know how to prove it at this point what more does FF want.

there's really nothing you can do. half tempted to dig up one of my tickets and go reread it

Post by 220897 »

I would honestly like a Dev or Mod to comment on here, See what they have to say, Because again i reported an ALT, Had a written mail confessing it.. Yet nothing, However if someone like ohh i dont know, Someone who hasnt brought cards, or a fair amount at least, Then they would banned and so would the ALT.
Timotious

Post by Timotious »

I like the FP cap and increased requirement to vote. like the changes for IDing other players

I don't like the new faction size or house size. Don't like requiring prince rank to raze, nor do I like the heavy HP hit for razing someone.

Overall not sure what to make of the new rule set - leaning towards not liking it :?:
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

Bglizard wrote:Pretty much 220 I remember trying to report cool zack at one point we had players who knew cool zack before he sold his account reporting him along with if you just read his threads from before age 4 then you read his threads after age 4 he was a completely different person, his IP likely moved locations from those 2 times we proved who was using him even got the person to admit it someone even said at one point they remember a thread of him trying to sell his account he's even went on the forums and bragged about it and a whole bunch of other crap we had spent weeks collecting just to prove it. All we got banned was his main account which had no resources or anything. cool zack account didn't even get a 24 hour ban

tried the same thing with daroo.salah (aka Sir. Maximillian which is his newest account now) we had reported it back when he was playing his account Oseka at the same time and nothing. We even at one point had him come into TS with 2 accounts and grabbed his IP and I further proved it that it was the same person. Even the shield design is pretty identical to old accounts he's used lol

and you wonder why I've given up trying to report alts lol we have practically written testimonies from players that they are alts and it does nothing we've proven it based on way they speak, their shield designs, their army formations/castle designs being identical, their IP being the same, showing at what point the account changed hands in cases of a sold account. I don't honestly know how to prove it at this point what more does FF want.

there's really nothing you can do. half tempted to dig up one of my tickets and go reread it

You all Know I spent my share of $$$$ here. So when I , after 4 years of playing and spending made my first report of a cheater with 100% proof , directly to a dev at FF what was the result?

absolutely nothing, not a response or reply. One would think a Company that thrives on cash flow would at least take the time to say "we will look into it", in response to a valued customer (maybe I am not valued?) :cry:
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Priest Guardian wrote:
Bglizard wrote:Pretty much 220 I remember trying to report cool zack at one point we had players who knew cool zack before he sold his account reporting him along with if you just read his threads from before age 4 then you read his threads after age 4 he was a completely different person, his IP likely moved locations from those 2 times we proved who was using him even got the person to admit it someone even said at one point they remember a thread of him trying to sell his account he's even went on the forums and bragged about it and a whole bunch of other crap we had spent weeks collecting just to prove it. All we got banned was his main account which had no resources or anything. cool zack account didn't even get a 24 hour ban

You all Know I spent my share of $$$$ here. So when I , after 4 years of playing and spending made my first report of a cheater with 100% proof , directly to a dev at FF what was the result?

absolutely nothing, not a response or reply. One would think a Company that thrives on cash flow would at least take the time to say "we will look into it", in response to a valued customer (maybe I am not valued?) :cry:
Despite all the complaining and players threatening to quit, the majority don't. People keep playing the game and continue to spend exorbitant amounts of money to win (or perhaps to just feel important). Until that changes, FF doesn't need to value its customers. They can just carry on as they are, because they know how to profit from the addiction.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
l2accoon

Post by l2accoon »

Agree with MiladySkye, there is not a lot of love for the players. A game this old, if it was given any real attention, would be farther along in its features. Instead, they are spending time working on a phone version to reach a wider audience. Too bad they couldn't spend more time on the game itself, particularly in policing cheaters/multi accounts.
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

l2accoon wrote:Agree with MiladySkye, there is not a lot of love for the players. A game this old, if it was given any real attention, would be farther along in its features. Instead, they are spending time working on a phone version to reach a wider audience. Too bad they couldn't spend more time on the game itself, particularly in policing cheaters/multi accounts.
To be fair with this comment I would say that this under taking by FF proved to be a bigger task than they originally expected. But then the small staff of FF (love you guys sticking to that home grown feel) did take on programming for apple when in past they were always Microsoft . so probably a learning curve there (guessing only)

That being said.... It was certainly an appropriate direction to take with the company, even if 2yrs delayed :/

I do hope they get back to basics AFTER the release (assuming , not too many bugs to fix). Programming actual improvements to the game and not just more game worlds

They say they listen to community and that community has had lots of good ideas for game improvements over the years. As well my personal favorite year with SHK's was the year they released regular game updates (I do not care that the updates were card based.....they were something to look forward too)
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Red.Lupis

Post by Red.Lupis »

l2accoon wrote:Agree with MiladySkye, there is not a lot of love for the players. A game this old, if it was given any real attention, would be farther along in its features. Instead, they are spending time working on a phone version to reach a wider audience. Too bad they couldn't spend more time on the game itself, particularly in policing cheaters/multi accounts.
Unless they link your mobile account with your computer account. I only see this as another way to use alt accounts.

They better make sure the two are linked together entirely by both email and phone number. And even if you don't have a phone number it's your email. But if you have a phone then it's both. That's how it should be. But even still that can't stop someone from creating an alt to use their mobile device to play as well as their comp at the same time. Which is sad because I simply find it as a weakness in people and having no honor as a gamer at all.
youreataco

I should have read the forums first

Post by youreataco »

Good lord.
I wish I had read thru all the forums here before starting to play. An entire weekend shot, all because of nostalgia.
If I could get into a faction I might enjoy it a bit more. But i am over lvl8 and nobody has accepted requests. I am in usa4, I see a lot of activity, but only had 1 person email me back.
sunkissedtds

Post by sunkissedtds »

There is a way to get rid of alts which would be to lower the penalty for removing annoying accounts. If villages don't grow either capture or remove them with an active player account. This would allow easier parish growth and discourage second unmanned accounts.

Return to “USA World 4 Lounge (Closed)”