Small rant about the ERA system

This is the first world using the The New Era System.
RedHawk7

Small rant about the ERA system

Post by RedHawk7 »

Is so easy to be in a house and take over the parrish of a player with no house. Is so easy to just threaten people if you are in a house and push others to do your bidding. Is so easy to "punish" people who don't like you just because you are in a house. Is so easy to just steal flags. You will grow faster and stronger if you have been in a house from the start, and if you haven't then good luck! get ready to grind for months and butter up other players for a chance to even get in a house that is off the glory race.

It doesn't make sense.

I'm a player in H2 and have been since almost the beginning, and people around me are scared of my presence! And I'm not even a Prince or I'm in the house winning the Glory Race! There is no new players, no one wants to start attacking, people in control of counties and provinces can do whatever and there is not that sense of threat anymore. I'm literally chocking another player stealing his flags the second it came up and the guy just don't even message me or anything! and he is active! He has 4 villas in the same parrish! Can't get new vassals that I can trust to keep playing, because I know if I put 300 troops in their villages, they could be eliminated in a week due to inactivity! I'm only been in 1 war and that was at day 10, where only carders and powerplayers got to win! Now at day 98 the place where I am is incredibly boring! Can't raze, can't capture, only can vandalise or pillage someone! and If I do then there is no repercussion!

Is getting boring pretty fast.

I think this ERA was a total mistake. It doesn't work for carders nor for casuals. Diplomacy is almost non existent for casual players, only for the Guild and Faction leaders who are in the glory race, War is always one sided, only if you are a prince you get to raze and that is just boring to grind more than 4 months just to get that feature.

It could have worked if they made the map bigger, where factions with no house could really manage a country and Houses should be constantly trying to convince those factions to side with them, or something of the sort.

End rant here.
GhilleVeteran00

Re: Small rant about the ERA system

Post by GhilleVeteran00 »

ERA rules are a mistake, they should just go back to the Age system for USA 4 or make some new rules.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

yup a faster pace would be ncie, even starting with age 6 rules but in age 1, the new era rules are not great although I do like some, i.e fp cap is a good one, I even like not being able to raze until prince although I think it could be scaled down i.e only raze 1 rank below you or above.

but yeah overall the new era rules are not great and wont get me excited for any new worlds.
Z3r0_X

Post by Z3r0_X »

I believe that the ability to raze should be something to be awarded. Like, if you are in the top 500! And you get the ability to capture if you are in the top 1000 or something like that. That would really make all the alt accounts obsolete, powerleveling (using cards) worth it, get a sense of acomplishment to build your villages and make you feel powerful and respected, even if you are not in a house!

Return to “EU4 World Lounge”