I really think Firefly messed up this time.

This is the first world using the The New Era System.
kkty

Re: I really think Firefly messed up this time.

Post by kkty »

I think he was bringing attention to the fact of the alt problem and how it has grown to control the game.

The game has become farmville now that the only thing your not penalized for is fighting the AI

maps are too large and have been too large from day 1 their never was the player base to populate the maps and without enforcement against alts
alts were created as placeholders, farm spots whatever. point is that in seven years playing this game they have yet to address the problem 1 time.

All they have done is water it down for the casual player who will play as the bandit cause well lets face it he spends money and will always need to spend money.
now players who play the game legitimate on their main account can't even fight back against alts, because of the honor penalties.

As I have stated in in game conversation the game has been reduced to farmville an their will be no major war any time soon because of the honor status. Alts will continue to flourish and dominate and ruin the game.

below are my thoughts on the situation enjoy:
s not all of a sudden its from day 1

alt accounts have been ignored and used as placeholders from the initial launch. Maps are too large for their actual playing population; so players were forced to exploit alt accounts
* on w4 the winning team had a requirment all officers had to have at least 10 alt accounts.

I was on USA 1 they killed it off fast and perpetual freeze strolled in before the end of age 1
people ran; its how I went back to w4

unless you address the problem it grows into a cancer;

this game has now officially become FARMVILLE, cause fighting the AI is the only thing that isn't penalized yet.

Capping FP was the ultimate slap in the face to the player who actually played for years to accumulate their FP. But to people who are fighters it now said no more monk wars that last a day.

no more razing, pillage and ransack players and you are at the mercy of placeholder alts, farm alts, and of course bandits.

lets face it bandits spend more money than primary accounts who level and hold territory
cause once the primary account is established, they generate money/honor/FP

bandits never will and will always buy cards and it is fun for the part time player who doesn't care and will blow a hundred bucks and throw it into * up someone who actually plays the game daily.

enjoy farming apples cause your pikes won't satisfy your taste for war anytime soon. All new worlds will be like this-SHIVER!

most players enjoy the rush of age 1 warfare cause once a new world opens many players flock

now the age 1 rush is over and we farm perpetual stalemate until people reach prince level
but princes will be ground down to dust too with the honor penalty and sheer number of alts on this server and in game who supposedly don't exist.

its like the iranian nuclear program that just doesn't exist

Im done on this post and in this game; seven years playing this game in total and its a shame to watch something with potential just do nothing but stagnate or step backwards continuously. FF's blunderbuss business application is like a blind man drunk on whiskey throwing darts at a board. I can't write a stitch of code but I could take their game model and make something amazing just with their defunct not advancing framework
nhmoose

Post by nhmoose »

this is hilarious. i have also visited Zafont's little island paradise. i believe it cost him 5 million to raze me, being a squire. and his buddy capped and abandoned the other, and then timed a cap after my attempted reentry, thus using his last slot and no abandon for a week. hahaha. exactly what i wanted.

the rules are what they are Zafont. don't be mad because we are playing by the new rules more successfully than you are. success for us is being where we are. top of the pillage, ransack and capture leader boards :-) it's a pirate's life for me!!!

and i hope no one is suggesting that our faction is composed of "alts", because it is not. we simply filled a niche that the new rules created for us :-) it's too bad for you that you leave castles so poorly defended that we small fry can take them in a single attack. if you had more interest in defending and less in your "power leveling" business it would not happen. i am currently deconstructing 2 castles and selling them off. and very pleased with the fruits of my labors. i've capped over 15 villages already. not of low rank new players, but of knights, barons, earls, counts and princes. in short, people who should know better than to leave a castle open to attack.
Thorson

Post by Thorson »

@kkty:
Oh no thats bad news...FF will go bankrupt... AGAIN ?!?
Im sure THIS time it really will.
THIS time bc of all the alts^^
Have fun quitting :)
--------------------------------------

@zafont

srsly...this thread wouldnt exist if the new rule would be that alts generate twice the amount of banquette goods.

You can't ID 15 villages 24/7 anymore everytime a yeoman with peasants is at your gates ? Thats a good thing !
You have to pay now too much honour as a prince to raze low ranked troublemakers ? ...well, would you be dumb enough to do that if the costs were lower ? I dont really care about that change tbh.
Non-princes cant raze anymore ? yah...I agree...that sucks^^

Having bad castles is bad. Having bad castles with no troops bc you need a trillion of carts is even worse when you have to defend. Thats the same for any server.

Your scenario with the alt army is nothing new and would be possible on any server.
You dont give a flying F**k if your alt loses a village. The increased cost doesnt really matter.

You are a farmer. Nothing bad about that, you seem to be good in what you are doing. Especially with the halp of your 'friends'^^.
But fact is that your castles suck and in war any regular warrior would reset you in a day.
If you and your neighbours had a proper defence we would sit idle and sad on your island and would try to move on.
THAT is your main problem.

-----------------------------------

Going berserk with a low ranked account is nothing new. The increased honour penalty isnt really that great for us. I often wish to lose villages more often :)
zafont

Post by zafont »

lol you and your friend are dying for some attention aren't you?

Let me give you your 30'' of fame:
No i dont think you and your friend are alts, i dont think you are doing anything illegal and i didnt mention you anywhere because this is not about you. I dont like what you do, the same way some may not like what i do, but since what you do is legit and by the rules, that's fine by me, even though it messes with my game and the way i wanna play it.

But it was you and your friends who helped me realize all the things i have written above: IF you were alts on a mission or IF/WHEN some alts copy your behaviour, as you so eloquently described above, to act in disquise against an enemy, then this game is dead.

People use their brains and experiences to think of possible scenarios for the future. That's what i did.
And you, being unable to understand this, posted this messge to prove WITH EVERY SINGLE WORD YOU WROTE, that what i said is correct!

Thank you!
Thorson

Post by Thorson »

Of course this is correct lol ! You are welcome, why do you make it sound like its a success for you ? :)

Besides my poor attempt to get attention I also mentioned THAT IT IS NOT REALLY DIFFERENT ON OTHER SERVERS !
Nothing will happen about that. No matter how loud we cry^^

On other servers you have to boost a knight to get rid of them , here you have to boost an alderman to cap an alt.

Alts are a pain in the a**. At least the alts of other players , right ? ;)
Thats nothing new.

But you knew the rules of this server when you started !
Then you leveld to prince and now you realize that you cant ID 24/7 anymore everytime an angry yeoman is attacking you ?
zafont

Post by zafont »

my previous message was an answer to nhmoose
zafont

Post by zafont »

as for you Thorson, yes i have 14 out of 15 villages in ID because i have been paid to deliver banquets for HP and dont whant it pillaged when i send it with merchants. But i have one village with out ID days now. You attacked it once, lost your army and went back in pillaging low ranks. Cudos...
Thorson

Post by Thorson »

EXACTLY !

I attacked once , lost my poor 50 peasants and thats it ! Why ? Bc Im a fricking lowbob and youre a prince^^
Sounds like everything is fine to me :)

WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT ?
zafont

Post by zafont »

@thorson

last time i answer you because you dont seem to understand and i have better things to do:

THIS IS NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN ABOUT YOU!

I only mentioned in my post all the things i wanted to talk about and you are not one of them :)

sorry
Thorson

Post by Thorson »

Ok , Im sorry :)

So I summarize:

You are selling honour goods for crowns.
For your business you need several accounts next to your main account.
You need to ID your main account 24/7 bc you need all the unit capacity for carts.

You do not have enough FP to do that on the long run :(

And ALTS ! New thing here ALTS ARE BAD ! But only fighting alts^^ alts for farming...you dont even notice them , they are kinda OKish^^

Is that the purpose of this thread ?

We need more FP and the breaking news that alts are baaad ?^^

Understood.

I got my attention , ty for that , I just touched myself.

Cheers

Return to “EU4 World Lounge”