I really think Firefly messed up this time.

This is the first world using the The New Era System.
zafont

I really think Firefly messed up this time.

Post by zafont »

Well my dear Firefly, i have been playing this game for 5 years now, i think, and i always liked the improvements you made to it, but this time i really think you messed up with this Era World rules.
Let me explain myself:

You said before launching the Era Worlds (E4) that your main concern was the rage quiting of players, the dissapointment and the use of alts that destroys the game and makes it impossible for someone who plays by the book.
And then:
1) You rased the HP penalty for higher ranks to attack lower ranks (as if alts were ever of high rank) and thus favoring the alts who can stay in the rank of Alderman and pillage / ransack / cap-sell-go for free while a Prince needs now 9 MILLION HP to raze one of them only to make them a slot to continue that free ride, making the Prince's privilege of razing pointless. Alts are never Princes ;)
2) You put a cap in the FP a player can hold (punishing those who play constantly on a server and favoring those who pop up, sometimes with a mission- e.g. alts)
3) You increased insanely the cost in flags to build a war parish (punishing those who play constantly on a server and favoring alts who rarely care for parishes or hold them for long, they care for caping, pillaging, stealing and destroying) and this way you took away one more weapon the legit players had against alts (parish armies).
4) You made it so only Princes and above can raze with the insane costs i mentioned in (1) which means that, in reality, they can also only respond with pillaging or ransacking to lower ranks (possible alts) which in turn favors only the alts who have nothing to lose. A player who dedicated enough time, skills and Crowns to advance fast has many well built villages and produces enough to care not to lose them. So you are reducing the game in a pillaging/ransacking competition that has nothing to do with eliminating an enemy and conquering their land. You can check that in the Annihilator Leaderboard of E4 as you read this, were you can see that after almost 40 days and at least 2 wars going on, there have been only 46 razes-the first of that list has only 7! That also means that a higher rank is not as influencial in eliminating enemies and, just keeping a slot open to cap one village, is more important than razing- which in turn makes it more appealing to stay a lower rank, something alts usually do...
5) You made it so every House can have only 100 players (total of 2000 players in Houses) when there are at least 12000 active players on this map. That means there are thousands of players and many thousands of villages that do not have the protection of a House, and these are usually the new players, the inexperienced and those who dont buy Crowns and do not advance fast enough for the FGs and Marshalls to take them in. These are the easy targets of an alt account to build gold and honour and get materials in the beginning and these are the ones who will possibly quit in rage after being targeted by alts...
6) You rased the flag cost of a Church in a parish to 40(!!!!!) flags making it nearly impossimple for the legit and dedicated players and the thousands others who dont belong to a House who care to build a parish to aqcuire FP faster (even with the FP cap...), because, guess what, they are flag raided by all Houses.... Alts dont care about FP much. They dont even build Religious buildings. They dont mind much losing one village cause they will cap the next of the thousands “neutrals” for free and keep doing what they do.
7) (edit for something i forgot): You also increased insanely the flag cost for turrets, tunnelers and balistae which are DEFENSIVE mechanisms, depriving once more the legit players who build castles and max out villages from a way to defend better. Especially those who do not belong to a House, will never be able to build them since they are flag raided every day...

To sum this up with a hypothetical example: Me and my faction deside to build an army of alts, one per player, total of 20. We buy them a few tokens to avoid your radar and have them spawned in a specific area. We get them to the rank of Alderman to hold a second village and they start pillaging the thousands or neutrals (5) in the area who, being new , inexperienced and without Crowns probably think “* this” and quit in rage for the next of the thousands of online games. Then we start pillaging and ransacking the targeted Faction/House. Because of (1), even if they have a Prince he actually cant raze us. Even if he spends 9 million HP to raze one of our villages, we simply respawn or cap another of the (5) villages. Because of (3) they cant send parish armies on us and because of (2) and (6) they cant build or have enough FP to deal with us for long. We dont care for FP. Because of (7) their defenses are weaker than before. Because of (4) they can only pillage/ransack us but we dont care because our villages have only hovels, markets and apple orchards...We start sending 500 peasant armies to pillage / ransack the targeted Faction/House members and they can only respond in kind, but because of (4) we dont care :) It is almost free for us and too expensive for them anyway :)

After a while, more players quit cause they cant handle that and we get the area.

Alts won!
Last edited by zafont on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vlad the bad

Re: I really think Firefly messed up this time.

Post by vlad the bad »

I don't often post in the forums, and to be honest I seldom do read them. But the comments Zafont made here were shared with me by another player.

I make this post now with no prompting from anyone. Zafont nailed it 100% I can't argue with a word of what he has said. This world is the most alt friendly world ever made.

Also with the 20 member per faction cap, it's just pushing what would normally be welcome players out in to the cold, or out to the many hundreds of sister factions. Sister factions who seldom get the full protection of the house they are in because it's hard to keep track of who is who.

My advice to SHK is tripple the flag spawn rate, make honour gain twice as high as it currently stands, and expand the house limit to 8 factions per house. These three changes alone wouldn't destroy the world, far from it they would improve the game play for all without punishment for existing active players.
zafont

Post by zafont »

vlad the bad wrote:I don't often post in the forums, and to be honest I seldom do read them. But the comments Zafont made here were shared with me by another player.

I make this post now with no prompting from anyone. Zafont nailed it 100% I can't argue with a word of what he has said. This world is the most alt friendly world ever made.

Also with the 20 member per faction cap, it's just pushing what would normally be welcome players out in to the cold, or out to the many hundreds of sister factions. Sister factions who seldom get the full protection of the house they are in because it's hard to keep track of who is who.

My advice to SHK is tripple the flag spawn rate, make honour gain twice as high as it currently stands, and expand the house limit to 8 factions per house. These three changes alone wouldn't destroy the world, far from it they would improve the game play for all without punishment for existing active players.
If they choose to let it be as is, the only cure i can thing of is to issue attack restrictions: 1) only attack +- 2 or 3 ranks from your own. Let an alt work his way up to Earl before being able to attack a Prince and also have something to lose and, on the other hand, let those who want to advance know that they cannot bully lower ranks or 2) impose HP penalty if attacking a much higher rank, like when attacking a much lower one.

If not i dont think this set of rules will get more ppl to like the game...
Thorson

Post by Thorson »

@zafont

I hope nobody reports you for using alts. Afaik its against the rules to ID your alt from your main account when sending out a cap from your alt.
Its not even allowed to send goods between your main and your alt afaik.
You should at least try to hide it.

While I generally agree with most of your points its not like you didnt know all of this on day 1 of the server.

Cheers
Thorson
Esoteric Paradigm

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

Thorson wrote:@zafont

I hope nobody reports you for using alts. Afaik its against the rules to ID your alt from your main account when sending out a cap from your alt.
Its not even allowed to send goods between your main and your alt afaik.
You should at least try to hide it.

While I generally agree with most of your points its not like you didnt know all of this on day 1 of the server.

Cheers
Thorson
He was speaking hypothetically
Thorson

Post by Thorson »

Nope he wasnt^^
He has 2 alts at least, one produces low tier honour goods he is not producing with his main villages and the other one is a small alderman to cap low ranked opponents.

Many valid points in this post , but its a pretty bold move to offer honour goods for crowns in the forum while partly producing these with an alt and then complaining about alts in the forum^^
zafont

Post by zafont »

@Thorson i dont use alts. I play in servers with friends .. I think many people do :) In that sense, you and your friends can be alts when coordinating an attack on me :) Please dont make this post about you and me- it is not. If you want to comment on my points plz do.
kkty

Post by kkty »

interesting article and everything he said is correct; ultimatley they killed their own game; cause now you can't fight a war period

you need placeholders and by implementing this rule they just made it so the alts won all they had to do is consolidate and make alts linked to the main account and legal like in even online. than charge per alt with a preset maximum

they took a simple solution ignored it and destroyed their own game thats why there is no war here and won't be for almost ever

its now impossible to do anything but farm eve is brilliant in that aspect alone; im not a huge fan of the game for other reasons

but all SHK had to do is make it so players can have up to lets say 10 alt accounts and each one cost X per month and you can scroll through accounts like you can scroll through worlds currently on shk

ignoring alts exist and punishing active players for going after the alts that ruin the game is by far the stupidest thing i have ever seen. its been a problem since day 1 and FF just ignores and supports alts and always have.

I have played this game for a long time; I have never seen a server in a cold war in age 1 period there will not be a major war here for a long time because the honor/base penalty system in place prevents active players from waging war

I actually think if they let players link the alts they supposedly don't have to the accounts they would generate MORE MONEY
narrow minded...

@ Thorson, I hope that English isn't your first language; you totally misunderstood Zafront's point of view. IF English is your first language please don't reproduce; save humanity by doing your part.....
Thorson

Post by Thorson »

Hehe , I like how quick we're getting to personal insults :)
Engl is not my 1st language and Im sure you will produce children that are worthy,polite and well educated members of whatever great country youre livin in^^

Im sitting next to that guy and see his alts.

Call it an alt 'your friend' , 'a brother' whatever^^ Its pretty poor doing this and complaining about it. Thats all I said.
Deal with it you toughy :)
zafont

Post by zafont »

Oh, man...yeah, whatever...

Return to “EU4 World Lounge”