These forums are grotesquely underutilized

This is the first world using the The New Era System.
RobertScott

These forums are grotesquely underutilized

Post by RobertScott »

There is a component missing from this game , the introduction of which would enhance the gameplay experience for players, encouraging player retention, and perhaps bring in many new players.

There needs to be something built into the game, like the newspaper in games like Supremacy, where players can post boasts, threats, lies, bold plans, and it goes out to all players on the server. One can even post amusing photos in this newspaper, like for example sputnik rolling in the * of a pig farm.

Games like Supremacy have fewer players so there would have to be some thought put into who could post, certainly not all 13,000 of us at any time. Just Oficers ? Every week a different Houses turn ?

This forum I am writing in is not built into the game. Very few people come here.

As a result, most players do not have a clue what is going on around them, This problem has been made much worse with the introduction of the ( knee * reaction to H 19 on GC1 ) tiny factions and Houses.

The only ones who know anything are the guys that have gone from World to World together, since 2012, and communicate on Skype or Teamspeak. If an Officer is lucky, his General is at least partially in the loop, and he might glean a bit of information.

David Spy performed a valuable service for a while with his weekly summaries of GC1 on Youtube. He put alot of effort into it, but it was not built into the game, not all parties would communicate with him, so it was limited in value.

In order for Quests to incentivize use of any such thing, it certainly would have to be built in, no Quest could reward posting here.

I know FF thinks that mobile will be their salvation, it does not to my knowledge address this crucial lack of information flow.

The average player in SHK stares bewildered at the changes in color on the map, does not know who the White Knights or the scumbags are, gets flag raped and now can never get enough barracks to be able to stop it, and is out the door.
Esoteric Paradigm

Re: These forums are grotesquely underutilized

Post by Esoteric Paradigm »

good points but I don't think the staff at Firefly have the character needed for these sort of changes. After seeing their latest Q&A video I am left thinking that they seem rather childish. The Q&A was ridiculous and trivial - quite stupid really when there are so many decent questions going unanswered. I hardly post here any more and for good reason.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Well I do like the forums. I would like other people to join in as not many people use them as you say. As for the q and a. I think the Q&A was more lighhearted then serious. Getting some information across but in a light hearted way and to not bore the people who watch.

I said years ago they should promote forums more but maybe there work force is to small to worry about adding any news features or anything like that. It would be a nice addition though.

It makes game way more interesting when you have the back and forth banter also makes it much worse when.yku lose but much sweeter when you win.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

I suggested to FF years ago that they promote the forums more in-game. i also suggested that the the Wiki be upgraded into a format similar to that of the 'Advanced Guide' in order to improve the 'user manual' and help new players to understand the mechanics of the game.

I didn't think that this suggestion was too far fetched nor actually a massive stretch for the developers. I saw it as an easy win - they improve the profile of the game and promote activity in their own forums.

Additionally they need to sort the in-game communications - again I mentioned that this required looking at.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

Esoteric Paradigm wrote:good points but I don't think the staff at Firefly have the character needed for these sort of changes. After seeing their latest Q&A video I am left thinking that they seem rather childish. The Q&A was ridiculous and trivial - quite stupid really when there are so many decent questions going unanswered. I hardly post here any more and for good reason.
This answer is spot on
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .

Return to “EU4 World Lounge”