It should have been called Euro "Defender" 4 World

This is the first world using the The New Era System.
Hoogie McCliffie

It should have been called Euro "Defender" 4 World

Post by Hoogie McCliffie »

Regardless of all the new stuff, the same stuff is still here, like alts grabbing parishes and instead of dropping buildings, they knock down all the walls...and just like magic, D4 is there minutes later to take all the flags without losing a single attacker.

Decided really quick not to buy crowns on this world.
MiladySkye

Re: It should have been called Euro "Defender" 4 World

Post by MiladySkye »

Hoogie McCliffie wrote:Regardless of all the new stuff, the same stuff is still here, like alts grabbing parishes and instead of dropping buildings, they knock down all the walls...and just like magic, D4 is there minutes later to take all the flags without losing a single attacker.

Decided really quick not to buy crowns on this world.
Smart move. Probably not worth buying crowns on any world, tbh. Certain players will never change. They will forever be remembered as the DJT's of SHKs lol
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
eric0d

Post by eric0d »

I will respectfully disagree with you sir. Your experience as described does not mean there were alt accounts in use here. Maybe if that happened with more than a couple of your parishes an argument could be made. Additionally flags are so abundant at this stage of the game and so relatively easy to capture that I doubt anyone would risk an account ban to knock down walls that a handful of pike could take down anyway.

It could be a friend from another world that started an account to check things out, but doesn't plan to play this world. I've also seen players donate flags to others to help build parishs and higher seats. There just isn't enough to conclude anything here.

I don't mean to be argumentative with you, but when players claim alt account usage when such little evidence exists, it undermines all the rightfully reported cases and hurts the player base in general.
MiladySkye

Post by MiladySkye »

eric0d wrote: I don't mean to be argumentative with you, but when players claim alt account usage when such little evidence exists, it undermines all the rightfully reported cases and hurts the player base in general.
Unless you know Defender's MO from past worlds . . . where buddies of his had many accounts. It's what this game has been reduced to. For the most part, money and cheating is how people win.
When injustice is law, resistance becomes duty . . .
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

eric0d wrote: Additionally flags are so abundant at this stage of the game and so relatively easy to capture that I doubt anyone would risk an account ban to knock down walls that a handful of pike could take down anyway.
Abundant? I had to double check to make sure we were playing the same world.

Parish and capital peace timer prevents unclaimed parishes/captains from being raided. I highly doubt they are spawning alts in to 'delete stone walls' more like spawning them in so that they can actually raid the flags

There are currently 6k players who are Freeman or higher (thus able to hold a parish) 2000~ of them are associated with a house. That leaves us with 4k and lets say in a hypothetical situation that at LEAST half of those freemen hold a parish. Meaning we now have 2000 parishes to raid from. This world has approx. 100 provinces. And lets say in a very unlikely scenario that those 2000 players are spread evenly across 100 provinces.

You now have 20 parishes per PROVINCE to pick to raid. You also have to compete with dozens of other players around you who want those flags as badly as you do. And you have to deal with the possibility of * your neighbor off (whom you can't raze) and them flag raiding you back and burning their flags.

doesn't surprise me one bit that the usual players are spawning in alts/friends just to feed them flags from the very minute I saw the cost of flags for some buildings on this world I knew immediately that this was going to happen. I'm already predicting the first war or 2 just to be solely fought over flags since no one is able to raze each other yet
Hoogie McCliffie

I was serious about the take parish and drop the walls thing. I normally don't post on the forums, but this type of gameplay was an inspiration. I was online when it happened, the parish had acquired plenty of gold and flags to drop a few starter buildings, the guy I am talking about hit freeman, next was the " new stew in parish" mail, I thought cool, he can drop something and then we can complete the team player quest, but nope, instead, when I looked at the parish, all the walls had been removed, and shortly thereafter defender literally swooped in and took all the flags...so like it was said, with simple structures costing a fat stack of flags, expect a flurry of friends and alts to take and hold a parish just long enough to wreck it and make it nearly impossible to start and build a parish for other normal players.....

Sorry FF, not many of us have 2k to spend on every new map you put out....
Somescrub

Post by Somescrub »

So..... the smart guy (with friends of course) would just go and cap defenders villa's and take his well built parishes that he used all your flags for... and then continue to cap his other villa's in other well built parishes. Have your team ID you in those parishes indefinitely so you can keep screwing with him.

He's the one with everything to lose after all.

At some point people will learn that this game isn't about holding land, winning wars or making your way into a high-score list. It's about f****** with carders and making them spend more money. After all, they are the ones who are going to win... the sooner you accept that and realize that you can impact their real life expenditure, the faster you will find peace and happiness knowing you made them waste that much more on pixels :)
Dalkironik

Post by Dalkironik »

Or hoogie, you can vote for me in the parish you spawned in, I can actually defend the flags instead of taking them to my other parish because you don't seem to be stopping anything, then maybe if you cooperate I can accept you to the faction, bu while you leave it wide open and tried to scout my other parish, you aren't in my fondest of places. Yes defender takes everything but things can be done
Hoogie McCliffie

Dalkironik wrote:Or hoogie, you can vote for me in the parish you spawned in, I can actually defend the flags instead of taking them to my other parish because you don't seem to be stopping anything, then maybe if you cooperate I can accept you to the faction, bu while you leave it wide open and tried to scout my other parish, you aren't in my fondest of places. Yes defender takes everything but things can be done
Ah yes, parish ID 68819, hardly any defence, holding 24 flags and not enough gold to use them......good luck with that defensive strategy idea :)
Dalkironik

Post by Dalkironik »

They hold easy as by getting so many flags, we have afforded archery ranges, barracks, drillyards and a few guilds, never the less you can continue to try holding the parish, and little defence hm, but you could not take any huh?

Return to “EU4 World Lounge”