40 flags to build ballistas. Is this a joke?

This is the first world using the The New Era System.
WaywardChampion

40 flags to build ballistas. Is this a joke?

Post by WaywardChampion »

In a world where someone can card up a 150 catapult breaker army in 2 minutes, you have essentially decided to eliminate our castles only defense against this? Is this some typo in the game?

I can guarantee that a parishes flags will be raided long before the required 40 flags can be gathered or generated. Also the amount of gold needed to build them is just far to much.

The same goes for all the other defensive structures in the game. Please set the costs back to what they were. This makes the game far too unbalanced.

The truth is, if you were up front about this specific change, I would never have joined this new server or any of the others you would want to open that use these extremely unbalanced costs.

It seems like you want to build a world that has nothing but farmers and power carders. Everyone else who actually plays the game gets screwed over.
Klatsche1994

Re: 40 flags to build ballistas. Is this a joke?

Post by Klatsche1994 »

well the parish catapult guild costs 60 flags ;) i guess the last depots and barracks will be around that too for each lol
WaywardChampion

You are right, it is actually 60 flags. I must need new glasses :)

The despair I feel over this high cost is still the same the same though.
tamer123

Post by tamer123 »

this fix the millions of flags problem in like day 500 :lol:

im good with the super high flags cost because i am fighter so i can just go flag raid parishs 8-)
WaywardChampion

On every world I have been on all the needed structures are completely built by day 500, and the flags just sit there. I can understand why you would want to change that, but the solution ISNT to increase the costs. The solution is to reduce the rate at which the flags drop after the first age (era).

Also if that is the case, why aren't all the Farmer guilds flag and gold costs increased as well.

As I said, this COMPLETLY unbalances the game in favor of the Farmers and Power carders. The rest of us may as well quit.

I play this game along with the rest of my faction to attack things with our armies, and for the most part we are fairly good at it. These new restrictions on Razing along with these unbalanced costs for defense structures are going to kill this game.

This is SHK , it is NOT Farmsville, nor would I ever want it to be. FF should stop trying to this into another lame failure of a game.
tamer123

Post by tamer123 »

WaywardChampion wrote:On every world I have been on all the needed structures are completely built by day 500, and the flags just sit there. I can understand why you would want to change that, but the solution ISNT to increase the costs. The solution is to reduce the rate at which the flags drop after the first age (era).

Also if that is the case, why aren't all the Farmer guilds flag and gold costs increased as well.

As I said, this COMPLETLY unbalances the game in favor of the Farmers and Power carders. The rest of us may as well quit.

I play this game along with the rest of my faction to attack things with our armies, and for the most part we are fairly good at it. These new restrictions on Razing along with these unbalanced costs for defense structures are going to kill this game.

This is SHK , it is NOT Farmsville, nor would I ever want it to be. FF should stop trying to this into another lame failure of a game.
either way they will be alot of flag raiding
lf you have a crew you should be happy for this change not mad :)
lf you guys go mass flag raiding you will be fine
i agree
well you have 3 choices man
1- go play AI servers to become heavy carder aswelll
2- deal with it
3- stick to the old worlds
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

Well, now that guilds will not delete at the end of the age I believe the higher cost is a counter for that. Because most people can have every guild placed before age 1 ends on most worlds. So they must want guilds to be a longer thing to increase time to max a parish

Although I agree 40-60 flags is a bit silly. Anyone seen with that many before day like 100 will be raided immediately

I suspect because of the high rank of razes, the higher cost to raze people, and the enormous flag cost to stop county/parish breakers and the FP cap. I imagine the first few wars will be wars about flags... not about land really. Only 7k players on this EU map, no shortage of land
Ralph of Abenhall

Post by Ralph of Abenhall »

How many Parishes are there?

Return to “EU4 World Lounge”